Review Good/Bad v Dead Rubber, Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Not so sure. I think Atkins hasnt done himself any favours recently. Wouldnt be surprised that rat goes out most likely for seedsman.

There is more chance of Wigg getting a game then Atkins getting dropped, and there isn't a hope of Wigg getting a game.

Atkins is our second best winger, and one that has the ability to rip a game apart if he gets off the chain. We'll back that in.

It's like Smith when he has a bad patch, all we're going to do is grit our teeth and hope he works it out.

Finished watching replay and hartigan stays in.
Keath out for Talia.
Cameron is so out of form and he is scraping by with the pressure acts he pits on. His burning of the ball or unwillingness to get it is frustrating.
Milera made some errors but was also very good in passages where he gave us run. Not sure.
Atkins is hit and miss. He does some really dumb dumb shit. I feel if he plays well we play well. Frontrunner. Not sure.
Knight just doesnt get enough of it. It seems him and charlie are playing the same role. Not sure.
Mackay did what he does.. **** up when the pressure is on. Not sure.
Seedsman played well. His kicking is an assett. Out of all of our wing outside players he gets the footy the most. He plays for mine.

With all that.
Walker, Talia, Greenwood in.
Knight/Cameron, Keath, Mackay/Atkins/Milera take your pick.

Laird needs to use other players with his hands instead of bombing the ball into opposition players continually. I understand you need to clear it when there is no other option but he needs to show more composure.

Some of the worst umpiring I've ever seen. Dees fans would be livid, at least 3-4 goals resulted directly from shit calls.

No injuries which is nice. On to a game that means something.

D fans should be livid at their team FAILING to win against the Pies.

I feel no sympathy for any team that has chance to win and get in and doesn't get the job done

;)

Good:
  • We obviously hate Melbourne.
  • There were about a million things we could do to improve the situation and didn't.
  • Brouch, Mrouch, Sloane.

Bad:
  • We let West coast have 1 or 2 free defenders all game. Hurn a lot. Hurn! Wtf. So clearly Pyke is not showing his cards. So frustrating to watch this.
  • Laird and Milera can't hit the broad side of a barn by foot.
  • Really, really missed someone to hit up at CHF. We kept kicking it there to noone or to an outnumbered someone. Argh.
  • Every bloody 50/50 goes west coast's way. What a home ground advantage. Some hugely confusing stuff too. Umpires caught up in the moment I think. At what point will we get full time professionals who are ranked and scored based on correct decisions.

Ugly:
  • Just look at those game rankings from our big 3 inside mids. How the hell we can have that from those guys and not completely dominate a game is bewildering.
  • The first 5 goals to WC were legit 12 point turn arounds. We blow a near sure thing, they run the other way and score. So frustrating.
  • Easy set shot misses. A lot. Again.
  • How Priddis has had that haircut for so long.

• At what point will we get full time professionals who are ranked and scored based on correct decisions.
This needs to happen. I don't know how much their match payments are. For umpires travelling interstate it must at times interfere with their employment now anyway.

Eddie Betts is a concern. His kicking for goal is now a problem. Cameron seems to be rubbing off on him.
Have you ever tried kicking for goal with someone rubbing off on you? Don't worry about Eddie. Rubbing or no rubbing he'll stand up in finals.

My query is if Charlie can stand up, without rubbing off.

Then we're good.

Have you ever tried kicking for goal with someone rubbing off on you? Don't worry about Eddie. Rubbing or no rubbing he'll stand up in finals.

Then we're good.
No but I imagine it would be incredibly distracting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then we're good.
Lets hope they both stand up as we will need 22 players standing up to go all the way.

Jenkins deserves a "Pathetic Pitman" type spray because he did nothing. Sick of seeing him play from behind and not compete harder in contested situations

Lynch was even worse. That one handed marking effort in the first quarter...

Jacobs was noticeably not even bothering to jump in marking contests in case he got crashed into.

Brown and Laird phoned it in today as well.

GBU

was on a flight to brisbane and didn't get to see much of the match

just finished watching Mayweather / McGregor

oh Melbourne... that's for Dean Bailey, you useless sacks of shit. You're a disgrace to the competition and your carry on this year has been embarrassing, since it's all off the back of VFL House charity. Go **** yourselves.

Right, i'm off to the Demons board for some amusing reading before bedtime.

I'll leave you with this to ponder:

IMG_5673.JPG

Jenkins deserves a "Pathetic Pitman" type spray because he did nothing. Sick of seeing him play from behind and not compete harder in contested situations
Yeah I worry about Jenkins too.
Where's the JJ that threw his (ample) weight around and competed hard against Geelong in Round 18? Makes me wonder why he doesn't bring that every game.

oh Melbourne... that's for Dean Bailey, you useless sacks of shit. You're a disgrace to the competition and your carry on this year has been embarrassing, since it's all off the back of VFL House charity. Go **** yourselves.

Hey Deaneus, don't be so subtle mate. Say what you mean ... ;)

Don't feel anything in particular towards or against Melbourne or West Coast but it's good that the team that won made the finals and the team that lost didn't. Both got exactly what they deserved. It was in Melbourne's hands and they have no one to blame but themselves.
Except if West Coast play Collingwood keen on a win and Melbourne play Adelaide keen on not getting injured the fates of those teams may have been different.

Except if West Coast play Collingwood keen on a win and Melbourne play Adelaide keen on not getting injured the fates of those teams may have been different.
Why were Collingwood keen on a win?

Laird needs to use other players with his hands instead of bombing the ball into opposition players continually. I understand you need to clear it when there is no other option but he needs to show more composure.

Good point. Great intercept player but his disposal has plenty of room for improvement at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad v Dead Rubber, Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back