• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

For me this one hurts more I reckon

Yep because we got **** all free kicks, had a massive comeback from 27 points down and played and scored well enough to win, we were robbed by green maggots. Like they were paying high contact all game, and then Dawson getting smashed in the face isn't high contact???

So Collingwood get a 50 for impeding a players progress, didn’t Milera get the exact same free but we didn’t get a 50?
That's the problem. The 50m penalty is correct (although the umpire originally called advantage and changed his decision to 50m penalty once Daicos pointed the rule out).

BUT we received to frees downfield for the same or very similar things, that also should have been 50m penalties by the letter of the law.

AFL will come out and say it was the right decision (which is was) but not say the 2 missed one's were the wrong decision.

**** the AFL

Contend for finals but not the premiership, still a few years away.
Not as far away as some think. Just need another mid as good as Dawson and Laird. Our bottom 5 players is our weakness. Just need replacements for them.

Good:

-We lost to the eventual Premiers by a couple, on their home deck
-We looked dead in the water before fighting back a decent lead.
-This sort of performance is miles advanced to pre-season expectation(from anyone other than moronic nubes that blame umpires).

Bad: Same shit, different day. For all the excuses we love to use as to where we are at as a team get blown out of the water when you look at what kind of shit sandwich the Pies where expected to eat @ the time we initiated our re-build.

Ugly: Plonkers using the Umpires as an excuse week in, week out...
FFS people, accept that we screw ourselves out of wins now whilst we arent deserving, cos its going to become a whole new magnitude of denial once we actually reach potential but fall flat on out faces.
And yeah, Watching a game, more than just a scoreboard/highlight reel might help with this.

No frees in last 90 seconds

1. Marking contest. Look at markov arm

2. Markov takes us on. No holding ball. Players knew look at pies reaction
3. Dawson hit high

Roll the whole game and see where comm called and umpires didn’t

Daicos gets thst 50 squeals

Comms say 8-10 wouldn’t be paid. I would say 100

Free kicks 21-12. 7-5 in last

Attachments

• IMG_6447.jpeg
    IMG_6447.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_6446.jpeg
    IMG_6446.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_6445.jpeg
    IMG_6445.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_6444.jpeg
    IMG_6444.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_6443.jpeg
    IMG_6443.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 146
Imagine the outrage by the VFL media if this was against a Collingwood player
This is the same media that found a way to blame the Eagles for posting “straight to the tribunal”, rather than De Goey cleaning up Hewett. It’s blatant

Frustrating that we lost to this lot again, but it’s not nearly as much as the R7 loss

We’re on a very nice trajectory, we’re not at a top-notch level just yet but we’re getting there

You know Dawson unfortunately won’t get the three votes even though he was the most dominant player on the ground
I posted during the game this guy is gut busting
We have a valuable captain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No frees in last 90 seconds

1. Marking contest. Look at markov arm

2. Markov takes us on. No holding ball. Players knew look at pies reaction
3. Dawson hit high

Roll the whole game and see where comm called and umpires didn’t

Daicos gets thst 50 squeals

Comms say 8-10 wouldn’t be paid. I would say 100

Free kicks 21-12. 7-5 in last

Not as far away as some think. Just need another mid as good as Dawson and Laird. Our bottom 5 players is our weakness. Just need replacements for them.
I realise Sydney rated Dawson high but the way he has improved in Adelaide I am sure they would have sold the farm to keep him now.

Good: 6 scores to 3 in the second half of the last quarter, plus the last chance to score in the game, means we know how to stop Collingwood late, plus we were the team making the late comeback.

Bad: biased umpires not paying Dawson a head-high hit 30m out with tens seconds to go.

Ugly: biased Vic commentators praising Collingwood’s ”will to win” instead of calling them lucky that the free to Dawson was not paid. Pay the free, easy goal, and Collingwood’s “will to win” has nothing to do with it - which it didn’t.

Keays really lacked some footy nous late in the 4th, on the wing we had an outnumber 3 to 1, ball up high he could of tapped it onwards to our free men to run clean onto (which Collingwood are the best in the comp at), instead takes the ball and gets tackled. Just little things that are the difference between the sides at the moment.
I didn't like his game today. It was too much midfield for my liking and yes, he did win 10 clearances, but majority of his possessions and him chucking the ball on his boot and kicking it high up and wherever with no real purpose. He went head to head with Daicos for a bit and was useless. I realised, that's how you combat a Keays tag. Play the midfield, forcing him to play midfield and he's terrible in there, so it negates his effect on both the player and his own team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs Collingwood

Back