• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It was encouraging to see us switch to god mode in the third, against the top side on the MCG. A bit like the Blight years.

That said in typical Adelaide fashion, we fall short. Normal programming resumed. Could have been a win for the ages.

Kick a goal early in the last, concede the quick reply. That’s where we lost it, aside from the woeful 2nd q. The Collingwood come back was once again inevitable.

I really like Hinges game. Dawson was huge in the first half. Tex kicked some clutch goals. Worrell showed a lot. McHenry deserves a starting spot now surely.

Rule a line through Sholl. He’s built like a 10 year old boy. My heart was in my mouth every time Milera got near it. He gets caught way too often. I don’t trust Keays in high pressure situations either.

Sell the farm for a classy midfielder please.

The biggest difference watching high up the stands was the cleanness of Collingwood inside mids (we were fumbly constantly), and then they handball out to fast running outside mids.

They also constantly moved the ball on with taps, knocks etc, whereas we seemed to want to try for a perfect possession.

Badly need 2 more mids to put in the centre square rotations.

We were one quality mid from winning that game. Why didn’t Pedlar and Rach get midfield minutes? Keays and Sloane were liabilities.

If we picked Serong instead of McAsey we win that game.
Put Serong and Butters in that team and we win by 5 goals.

We won contested ball, won inside fifties by 8, won centre clearances.
Noted lost overall clearances by 6 but winning contested ball and inside 50 like that as well as having 3 more scoring shots generally results in a win.
By any measure do you regard OBriens work as effective at stoppage. He ticks it around the ground but there. First use isn’t in our house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple things....

Dawson was immense.
Sholl is not AFL standard.
Keays works so hard but he's just clumsy/dumb.
Milera is just so slow of mind/body.
Worrell needs to play every game from this point on.
Thilthorpe seems to play without any energy. Even his goal celebration seemed to be an afterthought.

Oh, and the umpires can suck my balls. So many decisions/non-decisions that went Collingwood's way.

When we get pressured we revert to bombing the ball which really doesn't suit us

Much prefer seeing us try to pick off a pass, even if there's some risk to it. Or run it with handball, again even if there's risk involved.

It's just a different risk. A bomb down the line to their numbers risks an intercept and quick switch and they're away.

Gotta Disagree with ROB. Main reason we don’t win clearance. Can’t tap ruck . But he is above average in every other metric.
Go on then Mutineer . The guy is a detriment to our midfield setup as as much as he is an around the ground beast he cannot tap for bollocks. Remember he was drafted as a CHB.

How we responded in the 3rd should hold us in good sted for the remainder of the season when in similar situations.

I thought the same thing, but my bro just says, no way the ump is paying a free kick in the forward line with less than 30 seconds to go.
2009 Semi Final, final moments, free paid to Jack Anthony against Ben Rutten. Goal, win by 5 points with 5 seconds on the clock. Two Vic commentators squinting at the slow-motion replay, Commentator 1: “Where was the free???” (it’s that contentious). Commentator 2 “Yeah Rutten held him. It was a great call I reckon.”

Don’t tell me they don’t pay them. It seems to depend on who is playing who.

27 Centre Bounces

22 Laird
21 Dawson
21 Keays
13 Sloane
3 Pedlar
1 Soligo

We did pretty well in the centre to be fair but there's little to no rebuilding going on in that part of the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs Collingwood

Back