• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That Dawson free will never get paid, could barely see it live, just one of those unlucky ones. Dawson should have slung his head back after contact.
From the commentators to the boot studder its 100% still the VFL. Sickening.
That high hit on Dawson with seconds to go is just so what it's like to be a non Vic supporter.

I get a bit sick of hearing 'the umpires robbed us'. In a game like AFL it's almost impossible to get it right 100% - particularly with the bias of camera angles and arm chair experts. One goal, we win and the Magpies and are saying the same thing. Good teams know the umps are imperfect and play above it. The person I was really pleased with today was Nicksy. I thought he coached superbly and loved his presser - humble, smart, positive, constructive and always polite. Culturely brilliant even in a presser without the rolling eyes and the smart arse comments of other coaches I could name. Must be really hard dealing with a young side getting beaten like that - again! I see him on a Damien Hardwick trajectory - only better cos he's smarter than Hardwick (in more ways than one!).

The biggest difference watching high up the stands was the cleanness of Collingwood inside mids (we were fumbly constantly), and then they handball out to fast running outside mids.

They also constantly moved the ball on with taps, knocks etc, whereas we seemed to want to try for a perfect possession.

Badly need 2 more mids to put in the centre square rotations.
Their knock/tap on play is unreal, we never seem to do it and need to implement it.

Inconclusive. It was probably a goal. I wouldn’t bet my house on it though. Correct call is to defer to umpires call.

The frustrating part is on another day the reviewer may have called it a goal. Sometimes they give weight to the player reaction. If Rankine carried on like he knew it was a goal they may have given it.

Just another in a long list of AFL inconsistencies.

See I reckon you can work that through properly and arrive at a goal. I don't see how it was inconclusive. A flow that looks like this maybe:

Does the ball hit Rankines limb below the knee? Yes

Does the ball touch Rankines limb last? Close call, ask clarifying question/s.

At the precise point of release from Rankine's limb is the Collingwood player touching the ball? No

Is there a subsequent touch from any other player? No.

At the established point of release has the ball crossed the line? No.

Decision: Goal.

I just don't think you can mount a case that Noble is touching the ball at the point of release.

There can be a simultaneous touch between hand and foot but that doesn't mean it is touched. If the foot touches it last then that is the play.

I cannot for the life of me understand how it is inconclusive.

But if this was the opposite we would have upgraded camera systems in place next week. My god the vision is bad quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See I reckon you can work that through properly and arrive at a goal. I don't see how it was inconclusive. A flow that looks like this maybe:

Does the ball hit Rankines limb below the knee? Yes

Does the ball touch Rankines limb last? Close call, ask clarifying question/s.

At the precise point of release from Rankine's limb is the Collingwood player touching the ball? No

Is there a subsequent touch from any other player? No.

At the established point of release has the ball crossed the line? No.

Decision: Goal.

I just don't think you can mount a case that Noble is touching the ball at the point of release.

There can be a simultaneous touch between hand and foot but that doesn't mean it is touched. If the foot touches it last then that is the play.

I cannot for the life of me understand how it is inconclusive.

But if this was the opposite we would have upgraded camera systems in place next week. My god the vision is bad quality.
It's simple. If it had been a collingwood forward it would 100% have been deemed a goal and the commentary would have frothed about what a great decision it was.

Carn. If that happened at the other end they would still be analysing the decision.
I honestly didn’t see it watching on TV, let alone how hard it would be to spot as an umpire. It was probably there, but Elliot also collected ball and that’s likely why it wasn’t paid. I also didn’t think the Rankine goal attempt was conclusive. The 50 was the frustrating decision, as there were other instances of it in the game they didn’t pay to either side.

This thread needs more Sanders
Why... as it's not like he offers any actual insights to games.... but yeah, he would blast a few posters for kicks.

Good: still in the top 8 after 15 rounds and play North next week at AO to get some more percentage, which is obviously critical given how close teams are from about 5-11. Play like today and we beat Essendon in 2 weeks at Marvel, most important game we will play for the year, win and I think we play finals.

I was about to watch the game as I'd just woke up. Thought I'd check the result first. Don't normally but our previous away games had me turning off after half time. Looks like a close game, I feel I will only get angry based on the overall comments on here. I guess the good to come out of it is we are now becoming the feared team to play leading into finals as we can shape it significantly. We were never going to win the GF this year or push for top 4. So these losses for the young players hopefully sting them into being better, as to win a premiership you have to be borderline perfect and not give other top sides an inch.

Just got to get smarter!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad vs Collingwood

Back