Autopsy Hawks vs The Crow Throws - and boy did they throw the thing tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

This may be unpopular but Mitchell needs to pull his head in. Mouthing players and back chatting umpires; yes you got a rough run today but you're it helping your cause by complaining about it.

Popular opinion, Litherland is sensational.

Unpopular opinion, I want Suckling out of our team.

I think Mitchell carries himself pretty well. He calls umpires out but doesn't really argue, just points out how wrong they are and lets them think about it.

How good is the weekend after a win on a Friday night!
Compare this week to last week, boy what a difference

I might even take the wife out shopping tomorrow I'm that happy! :eek:

Woah, easy there. Grand Final tickets aren't cheap. Keep it holstered there fella.

Great win. Well done to Litherland, Cegler and Langford. Don't you touch them now. But please replace Suckling and Schoenmakers. They aren't made for AFL yet with too many mistakes that will cost us a GF...

Am I the only one who didnt think Spangher was as great as its been made out?

He recklessly cost us a couple of goals charging away from Jenkins giving Jenkins the easy goal. Also got outmarked a lot of the night particularly in the first half. He did improve in the second half.

Ceglar and Mcevoy combo was fantastic. 4 goals between them

Litherland was super shutting down junk time eddie

Smith and Birchall had a lot of run at times tonight. Much improved from last week.

Gunston is a star. Seriously super player

Schoey was good on Tex. Big task next game against the much taller Tippett

Mitchell, Lewis and Hodge good as often the case.

I thought Langfords attack on the ball and man was fantastic, it is just his clean hands and dispoal that lets him down at times. A lot to work with though

Go HAWKS!!

Fantastic win for us over in Adelaide, always nice to punish the pride of Sth Australia on their home turf! A much improved McEvoy I reckon, Sphanger, Litherland and Cegs also stepped up. I like to focus on the things Schoey does well, only one outrageous clanger that I noted and I thought he had a great game. Thankfully Breust has kicked a point so he can get back to kicking goals.

In the pre-game show I thought Eddie Betts must have been the best player there ever was and was playing his 600th game or something, think he managed to fluke a soccer goal and that was the sum of his appearance tonight. Wayne Carey thought Dangerthrow was BOG :rolleyes:, if he is not careful Duck will get the 'Media Flog Of The Week' award.

Go Hawks!

He recklessly cost us a couple of goals charging away from Jenkins giving Jenkins the easy goal. Also got outmarked a lot of the night particularly in the first half. He did improve in the second half.

Agree. Second half was really good. First half made pods look like Lockett. then again, we always make that spud look like a star.

That was up there with our best wins of the last 4-5 years. I'm pretty breathe less with admiration for our side tonight. I thought we were seriously up against it tonight, I reckon the cows would have beaten every other side in the comp tonight, with the possible exception of Sydney. Ripping win.

. But please replace Suckling and Schoenmakers. They aren't made for AFL yet with too many mistakes that will cost us a GF...
Schoenmakers did nothing wrong tonight at all...

How good is the weekend after a win on a Friday night!
Compare this week to last week, boy what a difference

I might even take the wife out shopping tomorrow I'm that happy! :eek:
Lose on a Friday night and my weekend is f.....d

Win on a Friday night and it doesn't matter what happens the next 2 days...nothing can get me down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone see Harley standing in the doorway of the adelaide coaches box.

looked like an absolute pedo.

someone needs to post a pic

"C'mon and give uncle Tommy a cuddle"

Ceglar and Mcevoy combo was fantastic. 4 goals between them

Litherland was super shutting down junk time eddie

Smith and Birchall had a lot of run at times tonight. Much improved from last week.

Gunston is a star. Seriously super player

Schoey was good on Tex. Big task next game against the much taller Tippett

Mitchell, Lewis and Hodge good as often the case.

I thought Langfords attack on the ball and man was fantastic, it is just his clean hands and dispoal that lets him down at times. A lot to work with though

Go HAWKS!!

The thing we all love about Spang is that he gives everything. Could have dropped his head after a couple of mistakes in the first half, but responded brilliantly. Any coach would be delighted with that.

Langford makes Simpkin look like Darren Jarman.
Great endeavour but FFS disposals not even upto VFL level.

Ceglar had an awesome game, now our No.1 ruckman.

Thought Duryea was good.

Litherland VERY good.

Suckling is softer than Nathan Lonie !

Ch7 are the worst footy channel ever.

Good win boys , sets up a great night for the back to back team tomorrow night.
Suckers has had a good year. There is a reason why he gets picked every week.

Langford makes Simpkin look like Darren Jarman.
Great endeavour but FFS disposals not even upto VFL level.
45% disposal efficiency tonight. Tries hard but not sure he is best 22 at this stage.

Really surprised he is so universally loved on this board when players that use the ball a lot better than him are smashed for their poor disposal.

Last edited:
Unlucky not to have won this by 6+ goals. Missed a lot of gimmes from 10m out. Other teams might've made us pay for that. Good to get away with the win and no injuries though. The train is back on the tracks.

The thing we all love about Spang is that he gives everything. Could have dropped his head after a couple of mistakes in the first half, but responded brilliantly. Any coach would be delighted with that.
No doubt he gives his all. Whether he is in our best 22 or not is the question. At this stage I am still on the fence about it

Didn't get to watch the game as I was playing my own game of footy - just a quick one, read on the AFL website that Breust had a chance to break Tony Lockett's record.

Anyone tell me what that record was?

Number of consecutive goals without a behind. Breust was able to equal Lockett on 29 and then got a behind (just)

Autopsy Hawks vs The Crow Throws - and boy did they throw the thing tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back