Autopsy Hawks vs The Crow Throws - and boy did they throw the thing tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

funny how perception and wishful thinking blinds reality. As a few have mentioned Spanger was an absolute liability in the first half- he started on Tex , spent time on pods and then jenkins and they all took mark after mark on him. Improved in the second half when he pushed more up the field outside 50, this is when he reads the play well and takes those intercept marks- cant have him manning a key forward inside 50 in finals when the heat is on - he will get spanked

Gutsy win.

The press keep questioning us. We have a point to prove.

I like that. Freo and Syd are the front runners in July.

We have too many injuries. We can't get players on the park. Everyone has real concerns over us.

Just the way we want it.

What's got one eye, no brain, 45000 big mouths, and never stops booing?

Thanks for shutting it up.

:thumbsu:
Didn't think the crowd was that bad tonight booing-wise, apart from that one deliberate call where they went bananas.

funny how perception and wishful thinking blinds reality. As a few have mentioned Spanger was an absolute liability in the first half- he started on Tex , spent time on pods and then jenkins and they all took mark after mark on him. Improved in the second half when he pushed more up the field outside 50, this is when he reads the play well and takes those intercept marks- cant have him manning a key forward inside 50 in finals when the heat is on - he will get spanked

Turn it up. If you want to talk about liability and getting their arses kicked, what was Strattons deal??

Spangher really stood up in the second half. If my memory is accurate,Jenkins got 2 or 3 goals of his out the back so Spangher's game was overall solid.

Stratton and Duryea are in the most danger of dropping out at the moment. I know he's had injuries, but Stratts has been well down. Hopefully he finds form against Shitney because right now Spangher is way ahead.

Stratts has only played 7 games this year and even those were interrupted. No doubt we need him back at his best if we are a chance this year.

Ceglar - superb and McEvoy - yes...finally a great ruck duo..Hale will struggle to get back in..and maybe lift boots in at seasons end....
Litherland across the whole game mopped up beautifully!...give him a couple of extra bucks for next season
Langford - gun kid...disposal crap at times
Hodge - General in command..
Spangher - better second half /Shoenmakers - saw tarzan and not jane

Roughead needs to take the game by the scruff and shake it...10 tackles is great stuff yes ..but he needs to bury a team like Adelaide..he's a gun

The Hawks did me proud tonight.....if we beat the Swans next game....WILL THEY FINALLY RESPECT US!!!

Big Rough may not have had the best game tonight, but his second and third efforts went unnoticed and brought the ball to ground on numerous occasions and he also had 10 tackles. A game high. :thumbsu:
Poor Roughie keeps getting criticised by many. Sometimes he may not be kicking goals but his efforts in other areas, bringing the ball to ground and tackling are not noticed. I'm sure the coaches would be rapt with his 10 tackles tonight. I think he may have lost a bit of confidence in his kicking recently, but if he keeps persisting he will come good.

I personally dont think his game was that good but each to their own.

He fought back in the second half and took some nice contested marks, but he was continually out marked and out positioned in the first half. He is very solid depth to have however

Thought his marking was probably the best on the ground in the 2nd half. One of them would have been called mark of the century if his name was Nick Reiwoldt.

As I said he probably wont get a game when Lake and Gibbo are back so I dont know why you feel the need to bag him now when we needed him to play a role and which he did really really well. We would have been stuffed if we didnt have him on the list to come in when injury and suspension hits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have got real ugly if we had a full team. Would have ended up a 10 goal + victory.

Should have won it by 30 but 4 points and no injuries is great. Reckon we are a real show against the greatest team ever assembled with no salary cap restraints....Sydney.
According to Mick Malthouse, What would he know.

Did I imagine this or did we not use our sub tonight ?

Hahaha nah we did, like half way through the last. Definitely saw Ross handball to Simpkin.

Loved Richo asking Ratts about the sub and he was like, dont know who we might sub Richo, and kept it cool.

Should have said something like, 'yeah we might take Mitchell off to keep the game interesting' or something like that.

i laughed when i saw pregame, commentators were 3 out of 4 in favor of crows win ..

Clearly McAvaney has something in his contract about parochial broadcasts of Adelaide Crows home matches. It's like the free-to-air equivalent of Eddie McGuire's 'press red for biased Collingwood commentary'.

Again, another example of how media partisanship is sullying the sport.

According to the Syds board the thought of Hawthorn beating them is laughable; they are going to give us 'a football lesson' and win by ten goals. Not much arrogance going on there.

Those f..ks have no idea what we will do to them. They beat BH last time. And at the G, not their bs f..ken junior ground they call a football oval. Twats!!

Thought his marking was probably the best on the ground in the 2nd half. One of them would have been called mark of the century if his name was Nick Reiwoldt.

As I said he probably wont get a game when Lake and Gibbo are back so I dont know why you feel the need to bag him now when we needed him to play a role and which he did really really well. We would have been stuffed if we didnt have him on the list to come in when injury and suspension hits.
As I said he is very solid depth to come in and play a role. Was much improved in the second half after having a pretty poor first half. I dont think that is an outrageous statement.

Quite happy for us to keep him on the list as a back up key defender/forward for the next couple of years.

As it stands he just doesn't have the frame to play on bigger opponents, especially if they engage body contact early in the contest. He is much more suited to staying off the contest and coming across to spoil like Gibbo.

What I am loving about this team is their fight! I have been following them since birth basically and have seen many come and go but the never give up attitude and the confidence that is dripping off the players is inspirational. It seems they believe they can win every game. Do I sound overly positive? I don't apologise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs The Crow Throws - and boy did they throw the thing tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back