Autopsy Hawks vs The Crow Throws - and boy did they throw the thing tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing we all love about Spang is that he gives everything. Could have dropped his head after a couple of mistakes in the first half, but responded brilliantly. Any coach would be delighted with that.

Sad thing is if shoey had spangs first half. on jenkins......he would have been crucified..

in th end ..2nd half spang and shoey were great

Fantastic win for us over in Adelaide, always nice to punish the pride of Sth Australia on their home turf! A much improved McEvoy I reckon, Sphanger, Litherland and Cegs also stepped up. I like to focus on the things Schoey does well, only one outrageous clanger that I noted and I thought he had a great game. Thankfully Breust has kicked a point so he can get back to kicking goals.

In the pre-game show I thought Eddie Betts must have been the best player there ever was and was playing his 600th game or something, think he managed to fluke a soccer goal and that was the sum of his appearance tonight. Wayne Carey thought Dangerthrow was BOG :rolleyes:, if he is not careful Duck will get the 'Media Flog Of The Week' award.

Go Hawks!

Did you hear Bruce tonight?

No doubt he gives his all. Whether he is in our best 22 or not is the question. At this stage I am still on the fence about it

We have needed him with Lake, Gibson and Stratton all missing so much footy.

Spangher was awesome tonight, AFL awesome IMO. Thats all we can ask of him.

He probably wont be in the team with Lake and Gibbo are back.

Good to see some good footy and get a win.
Breust and Gunners were good up forward, Ceglar and McEvoy were good in the ruck and did some nice work up forward.
Litherland, Spangher and Shoenmakers were good down back.
Gratz to Breust on drawing even with Lockett for the record.

The Ceglar/McEvoy combination really blossomed in the second half, was really impressed with Ceglar in the forward line and his ability to compete in the ruck and then on the ground. Continues to improve. McEvoy found his touch a little later in the game and in the end played a solid game. Hale wont be getting back into the side if they continue on with that form.

Solid all round contribution from everyone tonight, Roughead quiet on the scoreboard but worked his ass off and played in just about every role. Will be good to have a week off and hopefully go into the Swans match with a fresh group which hopefully will include Gibson.

45% disposal efficiency tonight. Tries hard but not sure he is best 22 at this stage.

Really surprised he is so universally loved on this board when players that us the ball a lot better than him are smashed for their poor disposal.

Agree his disposal efficiency needs to improve , but his numbers are probably affected because he tends to get possessions in contested situations. What I like about him is that he at least has the ability to collect the ball at stoppages and hustle the ball in the right direction. He also does a lot of work defensively to stop opposition players breaking away from packs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge in the middle in the third quarter awesome! if he didn't pick it he'd just kick it off the ground or poke it forward.
Ceglar and Macevoy combined well hope Hale plays well in the twos to keep them honest.

This is probably the longest sequence of matches Spangher has played injury free. Touch wood he remains that way, may find his way into the best 22 come finals time. I love the way he gives everything he's got to every contest.

Spangher really stood up in the second half. If my memory is accurate,Jenkins got 2 or 3 goals of his out the back so Spangher's game was overall solid.

Stratton and Duryea are in the most danger of dropping out at the moment. I know he's had injuries, but Stratts has been well down. Hopefully he finds form against Shitney because right now Spangher is way ahead.

I personally dont think his game was that good but each to their own.

He fought back in the second half and took some nice contested marks, but he was continually out marked and out positioned in the first half. He is very solid depth to have however

I had some concerns after last week but this is a seriously good team. Time will tell but I think Clarkson and co also have a very good system/structure in place for a genuine shot at the flag. Ceglar looks like he has a real taste for it now and I would keep playing Langford. He adds that youthful energy similar to Hill. I thought he won some terrific contests on the night and is excellent in close. He just needs to develop the ability to find space when he has the ball. I think this will come. Add Gus Litherland and I think we have 3 tremendous prospects for the future. McEvoy was also great and Schoenmakers played (maybe) the best game I have seen him play. Still lacks confidence though. Looks like he cops plenty on the ground too (not just on BF then).

I will say also that every time I watch Breust, Gunston and Rough (down on form tonight) working together I think we are better off without Franklin. They just combine so well and have a good understanding of each other and the forward line looks so much more balanced than in the past.

Would like to see Stratten pick it up a bit. Seems to be just getting through his games.

One thing I was unhappy with was the heavy handed treatment of Mitchell. Club needs to call the AFL out for lack of attention by the umpires. You've got players like Ablett and Selwood who get frees if a player breathes on them yet Mitchell gets hammered pillar to post and nothing. Happens all too often.

Reckon we are a real show against the greatest team ever assembled with no salary cap restraints....Sydney.

According to the Syds board the thought of Hawthorn beating them is laughable; they are going to give us 'a football lesson' and win by ten goals. Not much arrogance going on there.

That was a fantastic win. The Crows crowd are unreal, the volume at the ground is pretty amazing. Really proud of the boys tonight, very glad I came over for this match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs The Crow Throws - and boy did they throw the thing tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back