Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Should Hawks Be Punished?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread shall hopefully age like a fine wine.
Plenty of claret to be placed into the cellar before we can get too pleased with our season though. I thought at the start of the year we’d make finals. Not writing us off yet. We can certainly cause a few upsets and with a bit of luck play a final. The poor start this year hurts but perhaps we needed that kick up the derrière.

Th
This thread shall hopefully age like a fine wine.
Plenty of claret to be placed into the cellar before we can get too pleased with our season though. I thought at the start of the year we’d make finals. Not writing us off yet. We can certainly cause a few upsets and with a bit of luck play a final. The poor start this year hurts but perhaps we needed that kick up the derrière.

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. It started by either Damien Barrett’s troll account, or a delusional gullible person who believed that Damien Barrett, somehow knew what he was talking about, that we traded out O’Meara and Tom Mitchell to tank for Harley Reid. Ironically enough it was a west Coast supporter 🤦‍♂️

Even had North supporters congratulating us for following their lead, in rebuilding, Carlton supporters, telling us that rebuilds are hard.

When we were down last year/early this year, opposition supporters would bump this thread on a regular basis to sink the boots in. For the past 6 weeks the main culprits have disappeared. When the boot is on the other foot they went missing…

quoting a post from 3 months ago is some form dude, well done :clapping::clapping::clapping:
3 months ago you were all in on posting continuously to tell me how deluded I was for saying the club should have been aiming to win 10 games in 2024.

You were blatantly and horribly wrong, but instead you just want it to all be forgotten.

Yoda_ didn’t see Plagueis or Palpatine coming either - who was right under his nose. No foresight, misses the obvious.

Username fits.
Self aware, he is not.

Complaining about being checked on a post from 3 months ago

Welcome to being on an internet forum

The football media get away with their endless terrible takes being forgotten as each week a new replaces the old. Then they pat themselves on the back when they get a rare win.

The football media get away with their endless terrible takes being forgotten as each week a new replaces the old. Then they pat themselves on the back when they get a rare win.
Some posters here want to be able to just roll on without being held to account, like Montagna and Barrett with their bad takes.

IMG_6489.jpeg

Last time a club missed finals for 10 years? Very rare
Exactly. It was a ****ing stupid take by Montagna, but even worse was that he couldn’t identify that we had the talent, it just was not performing at all well.

Bartel could.

Exactly. It was a ****ing stupid take by Montagna, but even worse was that he couldn’t identify that we had the talent, it just was not performing at all well.

Bartel could.

Montagna's brain is cooked from too many head knocks and nose beers.

A 10 year rebuild? Regardless of which club you are talking about what a brain dead thing to say.

3 months ago you were all in on posting continuously to tell me how deluded I was for saying the club should have been aiming to win 10 games in 2024.

You were blatantly and horribly wrong, but instead you just want it to all be forgotten.
At the time of posting (April 17th), you had just recieved your 5th loss in a row. Can you blame any normal, rational person for thinking Hawthorn were going to be a chance at finals? No way

Credit, where credit is due, Mitchell has done a good job and has got them playing a good honest brand of football. One that would stack up in finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Th

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. It started by either Damien Barrett’s troll account, or a delusional gullible person who believed that Damien Barrett, somehow knew what he was talking about, that we traded out O’Meara and Tom Mitchell to tank for Harley Reid. Ironically enough it was a west Coast supporter 🤦‍♂️

Even had North supporters congratulating us for following their lead, in rebuilding, Carlton supporters, telling us that rebuilds are hard.

When we were down last year/early this year, opposition supporters would bump this thread on a regular basis to sink the boots in. For the past 6 weeks the main culprits have disappeared. When the boot is on the other foot they went missing…
It’s hard to get a word in with the circle jerk of Hawthorn supporters mate.

Between SSSSSS and Strapping Young Lad wanting to be the big man, no one else can get a word in so its easy to just sit back and watch

At the time of posting (April 17th), you had just recieved your 5th loss in a row. Can you blame any normal, rational person for thinking Hawthorn were going to be a chance at finals? No way

Credit, where credit is due, Mitchell has done a good job and has got them playing a good honest brand of football. One that would stack up in finals
Except they are still missing a few key elements. No big forwards really that are going to worry anybody and when the pressure is up, smalls generally don't do as well as talls.

They are flying but not the finished package and not ready to contend. Making finals will help though getting experience.

Between SSSSSS and Strapping Young Lad wanting to be the big man, no one else can get a word in so its easy to just sit back and watch

I'm just here to comment that rebuilds are hard work.

Ryan Gosling Sunglasses GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Hard to get a word in? What a coward you are.

You, the two Blue supporting clowns who no longer post in here and Chadwiko spent countless pages in here trying to ridicule me and other Hawks for daring to suggest that we were right to aspire to 10-14 wins.
In fact, you were so invested in the little pile on you even added it to your sig, ya peon.

“Rebuilds are hard”

I only have to direct others back to this page and see how much you were invested in the thread.

Now you’re having a sook that all your shit posts have not been forgotten, that you've been proven wrong and you've had your nose rubbed in it. Sucked in.

Hard to get a word in? What a coward you are.

You, the two Blue supporting clowns who no longer post in here and Chadwiko spent countless pages in here trying to ridicule me and other Hawks for daring to suggest that we were right to aspire to 10-14 wins.
In fact, you were so invested in the little pile on you even added it to your sig, ya peon.

“Rebuilds are hard”

I only have to direct others back to this page and see how much you were invested in the thread.

Now you’re having a sook that all your shit posts have not been forgotten, that you've been proven wrong and you've had your nose rubbed in it. Sucked in.

Genuine question, why would I be provoked by a bunch of Hawks supporters circle jerking each other as a “told you so” when at the time of writing was correct.

Imagine saying you’re not fat when your 125kg, and then losing 45kg and saying, see, told you so

Seriously man, get a grip and get over yourself.

I have put my hand up and said things look vastly different now than at time of initial post. But hey, you do you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lucky it’s a posting forum and not an actual conversation

You seem to be confused

Rebuilds are hard though

When the top 4 contributors combine for the amount of posts that total in this thread, yeah, it’s hard to keep up

Genuine question, why would I be provoked by a bunch of Hawks supporters circle jerking each other as a “told you so” when at the time of writing was correct.

Imagine saying you’re not fat when your 125kg, and then losing 45kg and saying, see, told you so

Seriously man, get a grip and get over yourself.

I have put my hand up and said things look vastly different now than at time of initial post. But hey, you do you

"at the time I was correct" 😂

No, you've been proven clueless in almost every way imaginable.

The best posts were "Hawthorn should trade for Heppell" or "Massimo is the cherry on top of how bad Hawthorn are".

Hawthorn tanking? Maybe they aren't trying as hard to win games. Cutting as deep as they did has never ended well for any club that's gone down a similar path.

Just curious if this is still the case?

I mean, finals was well and truly on the cards for Hawthorn according to one fanatical Hawthorn poster

We were told that its about developing the kids, the young midfield da da day da duh. Now its absolutely about wins and losses

10-12 wins would be pushing finals.

Ive repeatedly been told that the young midfield will take time to develop. Now you've back turned and said the midfield is the least of your problems. Which one is it?

See above, some pretty wild ones to be honest

Ive made it pretty clear at the start of this post. A few posters in this thread have called you out on this.

As a poster once said, just take the L and move on

why are we kicking the can down the hill... again ?

2023 - 16th
2022 - 13th
2021 - 14th
(Sam Mitchell took over as coach)

He is statistically getting worse the last 3 years after the honey moon spike in year one.
Hawks midfield is building nicely, or so im told

No bad take, just facts

Hawks are crap and with the impending inception of Tassie, maybe the Hawks will be at the other end of the chasm of expansion clubs taking all the talent they clearly need

Typical hawks supporter deflecting

Ive seen enough to know the Hawks are in a world of strife. Massimo being let go for a packet of chips was the icing on the cake

Just as an aside, Hawks could do no worse than offer our former skipper a two year deal with an eye to moving into coaching.

The ultimate professional who despite being as slow as treacle is putting together not a bad season and would be on pace to finish top 10 in a top 8 b&f for the second year running despite many writing him off as done.

Each rebuilding club needs to add the correct leaders, I look at North. Even as a basket case, the additiona of Liam Shiels should do wonders for that young midfield group. Ditto Dan Howe. I look back to when Melbourne turned the corner and they had Daniel Cross as an example play for a year or two to set up standards for the young inexperienced players.

Perhaps it’s what Hawthorn is missing to jump back up

I could go on....

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Hawthorn rebuild: are they tanking?

Back