News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Peanuts being the operative word, a lot of clubs will be out of this year's draft before round 3.

Word is the AFL will only require clubs to one player in this year's draft I'm sure has been the talk.
Yep. It’s why I’m concerned we have too many picks.

binuk needs to earn his stripes and convert into some 2021 picks

Looking at the body of work

we lost Crouch and got pick 23
We then got a player we wanted to trade pick 40 for, but got him for free

so we gain 23&40

which is pick 13

for Brad

that’s about right

or another way,GWS wanted pick 22 which is probably fair

so gain 22&23

Which is pick 7

for Brad

That’s some impressive mental gymnastics, you should apply for a job in our list management team:smile:

So effectively we got Hately and pick 23 for B Crouch

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love it. The old “effectively” or “ look at the trade period as a whole, not the individual trades”
So we can move on happily from Brad because Geelong stuffed GWS pockets full of picks and a morsel fell out for the poor old Crows!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I doubt it will have that effect at all, most would be aware they had no need for pick 40 especially in this year with it holding virtually no value and nobody is going to trade it for a 2021 pick of any real value.

Nah, they made a stand as I said they would likely do. You don't knock back 40 without a reason. There is still live trading of picks to come and throwing in 40 might get them something they want but otherwise wouldn't have been able to. You don't just not trade for no reason and lose a good player to the PSD.

Peanuts being the operative word, a lot of clubs will be out of this year's draft before round 3.

Word is the AFL will only require clubs to one player in this year's draft I'm sure has been the talk.
Which is interesting from the perspective that our picks #56 and #60 could drift down by 10 spots, as clubs opt out ......this will increase the points value of those latter picks

so we gain 23&40

which is pick 13

for Brad

that’s about right

so gain 22&23

Which is pick 7

for Brad
Wow that's some twisted logic from an abused fan.

so we gain 23&40

which is pick 13

for Brad

that’s about right

so gain 22&23

Which is pick 7

for Brad
Why are people trying to bundle trades? Just accept that the club only received pick 23 for Crouch and stop trying to spin in into some sort of genius move

Nah, they made a stand as I said they would likely do. You don't knock back 40 without a reason. There is still live trading of picks to come and throwing in 40 might get them something they want but otherwise wouldn't have been able to. You don't just not trade for no reason and lose a good player to the PSD.
Disagree, a lot of the clubs will be out of the draft this year before the 3rd round especially with the talk the AFL will only require clubs to take a maximum of 1 draftee in the National Draft this year.

What's the bet the VFL come out and say the PSD is not happening this year?
The AFL would do away with the PSD in a heartbeat if it could. But it cannot due to employment laws in Australia. Employees have a right to sell their labour to any employer.

There is no draft for plumbers or cleaners. If someone offers them a better deal they can change employer.

The PSD exists for legal reasons. It will stay for this year and next year, and for as long as there are laws which protect the rights of employees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so we gain 23&40

which is pick 13

for Brad

that’s about right

so gain 22&23

Which is pick 7

for Brad

that's now how any of this works. That isn't even remotely how any of this works.

This is utter rubbish.

The AFL would do away with the PSD in a heartbeat if it could. But it cannot due to employment laws in Australia. Employees have a right to sell their labour to any employer.

There is no draft for plumbers or cleaners. If someone offers them a better deal they can change employer.

The PSD exists for legal reasons. It will stay for this year and next year, and for as long as there are laws which protect the rights of employees

That's actually untrue, it is widely believed the AFL would be fine without the PSD when it comes to the laws. Similar lawsuits have been attempted in other codes and been dismissed.

the PSD exists because of the AFLPA

They clearly weren't too fussed either way
That has nothing to do with how they rated him, they just got above for both Cameron and Caldwell and had no more need for draft capital. They also had no way to keep him either way and Essendon would’ve missed out on Caldwell with the PSD route. If Essendon could’ve got Caldwell guaranteed the same way he would’ve gone for nothing.

We basically got Hately and 23 for Phil Davis and pick 10 in the 2011 draft.

#amidoingitright

Excuse my ignorance, but do players nominate separately for the National Draft and the PreSeason Draft? I only ask because if he has to be in teh National Draft pool, someone (ie Port) might nab him for a junk pick!

Players have a choice of what draft they want to go through.

Which is interesting from the perspective that our picks #56 and #60 could drift down by 10 spots, as clubs opt out ......this will increase the points value of those latter picks
Also, the points value of picks does not change dependent on the relative strength of any draft. This is the value of having people like Binuk on the team

News Jackson Hately requests trade to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back