Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2016 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi KM

Essendon nominated Ben Ronke as a potential category B rookie selection. He seems to have put forward a pretty decent season for Calder.

15 games and 19 goals this year, 12 times in the best.

How do you rate him?

Hi KM

Essendon nominated Ben Ronke as a potential category B rookie selection. He seems to have put forward a pretty decent season for Calder.

How do you rate him?
I was going to ask the exact same thing, KM is he a chance to slip through or will he be picked up in the National Draft?

Gday KM. Mitch Hinge goes to my school. Do you reckon he'll be picked up?

Knightmare, can Powell-Peppers kicking be fixed?
Not KM but many clubs believe it is long way to being fixed or is fixed . Again problems and or perceptions arise when people view clips from games rather than entire matches . Clearly an area that he will continue to work on but my opinion is that it is not as bad as some say. Brendon Sanderson at Academy did some work .

Different subject and I will
Reverse earlier call in Subiacos Liam Ryan . I hear that he had quite a few interviews with clubs and there is much interest .

Some interesting colts semis in WA this weekend as true strength returns to the grade . Quite s few of the "stars@ who had been playing up in League or reserves are featuring back in Colts finals . As an example SP Seton and Waterman had runs in Colts again last weekend .

Anyone in WA with time this weekend the Colts games kick off at 945 , it's a pretty exciting open brand of footy the better teams play . Nice to watch

Not KM but many clubs believe it is long way to being fixed or is fixed . Again problems and or perceptions arise when people view clips from games rather than entire matches . Clearly an area that he will continue to work on but my opinion is that it is not as bad as some say. Brendon Sanderson at Academy did some work .

Reverse earlier call in Subiacos Liam Ryan . I hear that he had quite a few interviews with clubs and there is much interest .

Some interesting colts semis in WA this weekend as true strength returns to the grade . Quite s few of the "stars@ who had been playing up in League or reserves are featuring back in Colts finals . As an example SP Seton and Waterman had runs in Colts again last weekend .

Anyone in WA with time this weekend the Colts games kick off at 945 , it's a pretty exciting open brand of footy the better teams play . Nice to watch
thanks mate. Love the explosiveness and competitive streak in the kid... Secretly hoping he lands at the crows. Might well be a good fit

really like the look of Jack Scrimshaw, reckon Blues could go him even if Brodie is still available at pick 5? and any news on Jake Bradley?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knightmare any reason why James Cousins isn't rated higher than he is? Doesn't seem to be high on too many draft boards at all, but has put together a very decent season

Knightmare, can Powell-Peppers kicking be fixed?

Kicking sometimes improves in clubland. Sometimes it doesn't.

Some clubs are able to iron out problems to an extent. Others can do more. etc.

Possible, but unknown.

My theory is best to judge them on what they can do today and if they turn around a deficiency it's a bonus.

Hi KM

How do you rate him?

Gave Ronke a mention in my weekly wrap which is up now on ESPN. Draftable and late draft/rookie draft in my view is worth picking.

Richmond traded their second round selection to Gold Coast last year

Richmond likely gain more picks during this years trade period with some combination of Vickery/Lennon/Deledio/Riewoldt to be moved this offseason. Richmond can always get creative with any picks gained from that or offer a 2017 2nd round selection.

I was going to ask the exact same thing, KM is he a chance to slip through or will he be picked up in the National Draft?

As above, Ronke is a draft chance but not a draft certainty.

Josh Battle to North Melbourne? do you think that's reasonable or will he go lower?

Battle would be there at North Melbourne's first round selection. Might not be available at the clubs second round selection. Probably goes roughly early-mid second round is my feel at this stage.

Gday KM. Mitch Hinge goes to my school. Do you reckon he'll be picked up?

Hinge was invited to the national combine, so he is in the mix for selection. He isn't a top end selection but is a chance to feature late or rookie draft.

The talk is Liam Ryan will be selected with club interest high. I've heard the same.

Good call about colts footy also in WA. Seeing the names playing last weekend. Most of the better ones are still playing so get down to the games.

I'd say the same in Victoria with probably the better six, or at least six of the better seven teams still playing with the majority of the better names still playing.

Hey KM could you give me a bit of info on Oakleigh forward Alex Trigar. Impressed me on the weekend with 4 goals hadn't seen or heard much of him prior that, is he in contention to be selected?

really like the look of Jack Scrimshaw, reckon Blues could go him even if Brodie is still available at pick 5? and any news on Jake Bradley?

Scrimshaw may come into consideration around five, though with his kicking less than stellar in recent weeks I suspect he'll go somewhere closer to 10 than five.

Jake Bradley is not expected to be drafted. No state or national combine invite. He is more likely someone a state league club would consider. It should not come as a surprise. He is sub 180cm and on a poor Northern team, in an even but unimpressive midfield, there are others who are most advanced and had better seasons.

Knightmare any reason why James Cousins isn't rated higher than he is? Doesn't seem to be high on too many draft boards at all, but has put together a very decent season

It's an even midfield group this year and there are a lot of midfielders I could make cases for that should be more highly regarded than they are.

Cousins is a good midfielder but no star. Wins the contested ball. Capable overhead. Scoreboard impact good and does have the capacity to play some minutes forward. Ok ball user. Not particularly quick but moves fine if you're not expecting him to break the lines.

Overall Cousins lacks that x-factor to be a high selection, with nothing dominant to him. He's just a good all-around mid who does most things well. He is a late/rookie chance, but in such an even draft for midfielders no certainty.

If Jy Simpkin wasn't injured, would he have been a top 5 pick?

It's possible he could have been. I'd expect not though as he wasn't much of a contested ball winner and his disposal numbers while fair were not great.

Hey KM which players from this draft do you think will be able to step in a make a big difference straight away? Brodie is an obvious answer but who else?

McGrath, Ainsworth, Brodie, Drew, Clarke, Z.Fisher, Perryman, Setterfield, McCluggage. Maybes for Berry, Taranto, Scharenberg, Graham, Bowes, Scheer and Mutch.

Hey KM could you give me a bit of info on Oakleigh forward Alex Trigar. Impressed me on the weekend with 4 goals hadn't seen or heard much of him prior that, is he in contention to be selected?

Has only played the three games. Don't have listed his height/weight/d.o.b.

Showed some glimpses of talent up forward though.

If eligible, and again I'm not aware of his d.o.b. he isn't expected to be selected, not receiving an invite to the state or national combine, and having received such limited exposure.

Would be someone I'd want to see another year of in the TAC Cup as he just hasn't played enough footy.

What are your thoughts on Lin Jong as a player and his upside KM? A few on the Dogs board reckon we are very keen and it's likely to happen. I personally would like that as a taller contested player he fills a need.

Will Sam McClarty get taken?

Hey KM, was just wondering that, assuming we keep our first rounder, who would come into consideration for the dogs? I'm liking Kerr, but if theres a chance he could slip I wouldn't mind if we took Taranto either. Cheers! ☺

Hey KM, can you possibly ease off on the Drew love? At this rate he is going to catch up and be taken before our pick at 9! Lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back