List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Ron was just on SEN. He turns up every now and then and has a good record with his info.

He said Phillipou would be returning back to SA at the end of the season even though he signed a new 2 year deal about Rd 7. He has pretty much been playing reserves a week or two since his re-signing.

Dwayne asked what will they ask for him? He said a player.

We had a big crack before he re-signed. Maybe he is pissed off with Lyon and his game plan.

One to watch.

Straight swap for Hot Toddy.

Rumour Ron was just on SEN. He turns up every now and then and has a good record with his info.

He said Phillipou would be returning back to SA at the end of the season even though he signed a new 2 year deal about Rd 7. He has pretty much been playing reserves a week or two since his re-signing.

We had a big crack before he re-signed. Maybe he is pissed off with Lyon and his game plan.

One to watch.

If this is the case its obvious who the Saints want.... will be asking for Bergman a childhood Saints fan.
They were chasing him heavily last year before he resigned a 2 year contract (2025).
No way we would be making that deal.
If we had too and thats big IF it would be a bare minimum their current 2nd round pick as of today pick 24 and pick swaps in our favour

If this is the case its obvious who the Saints want.... will be asking for Bergman a childhood Saints fan.
They were chasing him heavily last year before he resigned a 2 year contract (2025).
I would make that deal in a microsecond and probably throw a pick in if we had to.

If we had too and thats big IF it would be a bare minimum their current 2nd round pick as of today pick 24 and pick swaps in our favour
He was drafted #10 in 2022 draft, so his initial 2 years is 2023 and 2024.

He hadn't signed his next 2 year deal as at Rd 1 and we were still talking to his management. He has re-signed for 2025 and 2026.

Thats probably why saints want a player. And they know Port doesnt have much draft capital this year and cant give away our 2025 furst round pick unless we get special permission from AFL.

Last edited:

One to watch.

The first player that sprung to mind was Bergman.

If you want something good you need to give up something good where in recent years Port has encouraged players to check out their options. And that is OK where you must keep trying to improve.

That said I'm not sure we can do anything without the coaching issue sorted.

Or without Ken being gone in the next week or so just to really have a good look at players.

Who is our most boring player? That's who Ross would want.

Possibly the one with the hottest girlfriend, because Handsy Ross.

Bergman >>>> phillipou

if we decided to settle Bergman back and leave him there he's an elite shutdown medium , which is a need for us.

as a wingman he's decent , and probably got a tonne more upside there then in another team that plays through their wings.

hes a proven afl player.

I liked phillipou as a player but hes stalled. Our local ex recruiter on this board raised with me pre-draft that he strongly suspected phillipous early physical development and access to training and his professionalism meant that he was standing out early and he worried that he had peaked.

at this stage, hes been proved right.

I still like phillipou, but hes a fringe player still finding out if he has a place at afl level closer to Hugh Jackson and will Lorenz than to Bergman. At this stage you're hoping that phillipou develops into the flanker that Bergman currently is, cause hes looked completely lost elsewhere. I think phillipou could develop into that hff, hbf.. his biggest assets are his hands in the marking contest.

I reckon saints would have Bergman sinn Farrell and lord on their shopping list. I wouldn't part with any of them.

the only players I would have on the table in that case would be Lachie jones, mead and Dylan Williams. I don't think Williams or mead move the needle and doubt the club or jones want to part.

I think it's much better to look at phillipou at the end of his current contract and see how hes developed then. otherwise im not wanting to pay for saints drafting and developing mistake and would want him at the price he should be now, which is young fringe player like Jase Burgoyne , will Lorenz are for us. those players wouldn't have high prices tags leaving here.

on the other side saints have him contracted and prob don't want to take another loss on top of the loss of him not turning out to be the gun they hoped they drafted.

Last edited:
This is the thing. I'm not trashing him.

I'm just saying the Three Amigos need to be let loose, preferably with a good ruck.

Present, the Three Amigos have 6 prime years ahead of them to prove themselves, hopefully without Kenny Failure.
Go back and watch the Carllton game where we were in it until our three Amigos could not defend in the last qtr, Watch the Blues Captain laughing at JHF after his attempted tackle.

They will provide Port with a bright fture and will be even better when they learn to toughen up and deal with tags. Watching Butters bursting threw the centre and kicking that wonderful goal at the start of last week's game, you could have imagined we were on for a hundred pointsor more but it it not happen.

Butters was still in our best players but he's not dominating games like he did last year. And that's OK, but he must stops those silly push & shoves and ignore his tag.

my concern with phillipou is that his engine and running numbers have always been crazy good.

if he doesnt know how to find the ball at afl level now, im not sure that's going to change. So im very hesitant to even consider him as a midfielder that some think he can be.

having said that, I think hes got great tools to make it as a good hff, or possibly a great defender.

we could use either to be honest, and hes worth looking at / tracking, but the problem with contracted top draft picks is that teams will want us to bail them out of their mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bergman >>>> phillipou

if we decided to settle Bergman back and leave him there he's an elite shutdown medium , which is a need for us.

as a wingman he's decent , and probably got a tonne more upside there then in another team that plays through their wings.

hes a proven afl player.

I liked phillipou as a player but hes stalled. Our local ex recruiter on this board raised with me pre-draft that he strongly suspected phillipous early physical development and access to training and his professionalism meant that he was standing out early and he worried that he had peaked.

at this stage, hes been proved right.

I still like phillipou, but hes a fringe player still finding out if he has a place at afl level closer to Hugh Jackson and will Lorenz than to Bergman. At this stage you're hoping that phillipou develops into the flanker that Bergman currently is, cause hes looked completely lost elsewhere. I think phillipou could develop into that hff, hbf.. his biggest assets are his hands in the marking contest.

I reckon saints would have Bergman sinn Farrell and lord on their shopping list. I wouldn't part with any of them.

the only players I would have on the table in that case would be Lachie jones, mead and Dylan Williams. I don't think Williams or mead move the needle and doubt the club or jones want to part.

I think it's much better to look at phillipou at the end of his current contract and see how hes developed then. otherwise im not wanting to pay for saints drafting and developing mistake and would want him at the price he should be now, which is young fringe player like Jase Burgoyne , will Lorenz are for us. those players wouldn't have high prices tags leaving here.

on the other side saints have him contracted and prob don't want to take another loss on top of the loss of him not turning out to be the gun they hoped they drafted.

On the other hand Ross has managed to destroy King.

I'd give Phillipou the benefit of the doubt.

Bergman would absolutely get the deal done and it's just a thought. I think he's stalled as well that's why he came to mind.

Well the crows are out, apparently they have no expendable players.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Bergman >>>> phillipou
I agree that Bergman is a better player than Phillipou as a 24 year old vs a 20 year old. I reckon I would have only used 1 greater than sign comparing them both after 1.5 seasons in the AFL.

We have spent 5 years developing Bergman and I reckon he is close to starting to play his peak footy, so I don't think I want to trade him out compared to say Farrell.

I want him to run with / tag Heeney when we play Sydney. He is the only player with the athletic ability and back line experience to handle Heeney when he pushes forward and run with him in the mid field. If he gets that gig and does well like I expect him to do, then I will re-assess and come down with a no way.

Yeah mystifying! I don’t get why we were so obsessed with Esava! Both were late second round offers if not 3rd
Does seem like the recruiters and list managers really wanted him. Can’t see why. Consensus at the time was a second rounder for him and soldo was about right. Be interesting to know what the Hawks and Dons would have paid for him.

Does seem like the recruiters and list managers really wanted him. Can’t see why. Consensus at the time was a second rounder for him and soldo was about right. Be interesting to know what the Hawks and Dons would have paid for him.

I’ve absolutely no doubt that there was pressure from above , whether that’s Hinkley , Koch, the board or who ever to get this team up and firing now at whatever future cost after giving Hinkley another contract.

We were desperate and teams took advantage of that

Also, no it wasn’t consensus we would pay 2nd rounders for those players.

The general public assumed esava was worth a 3rd rounder , and were genuinely surprised when talk came out of vic media (Geelong) that they were going to ask for much much more.

Same with soldo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back