List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like Port maybe suffers from sliding doors moments more than any one else.

• not taking Talia alongside butcher
  • not trading Hartlett for pick 5
  • not trading Lobbe for two first rounders
  • not selecting Ben Brown ahead of Mitch Harvey
  • not accepting the bulldogs offer for Butcher
  • keeping Hayes over Ladhams
  • not trading wines to Carlton, although he did go on to win a Brownlow so maybe this one is in our favour.

I’m sure there are a couple of others.

Point is, like the Wingard trade, do we need to move someone on, that may or may not cost us to bring in more of what we need?

Feels like Port maybe suffers from sliding doors moments more than any one else.

• not trading wines to Carlton, although he did go on to win a Brownlow so maybe this one is in our favour.

Point is, like the Wingard trade, do we need to move someone on, that may or may not cost us to bring in more of what we need?
I would put Burton on the trade table. It’s ironic considering the circumstances he came to Port but for the past few seasons, his work defensively has been left desired a lot and since we have a mountain of half-backs, I think he is a surplus to Port’s needs. Only question is what would be his trade value.

Another few names pop up like Wines, Lachie Jones, Dylan Williams just to name a few. However, aside from Wines, I don’t think there are too many others with currency.

This is only if he gets the sooks up if Ken leaves:

Butters. Would attract a very good price in a trade, and it would be better to get in before free agency.

Only if he appears to be a flight risk post Ken though.

You can't cut yourself over these, however, our poor administration and coaching has left an indelible mark of these areas of our decision making.

We've done plenty of good deals as well.

This is only if he gets the sooks up if Ken leaves:

Butters. Would attract a very good price in a trade, and it would be better to get in before free agency.

Only if he appears to be a flight risk post Ken though.

Based on the way Ken talks to Butters in team meetings, I don't think Zak is going to be all that flummoxed when Ken is moved on.

I really like the look of Evans, Dante, Walsh & Lorenz going forward, but of all the players languishing in the 2s, we desperately need one of Lachie Charleston or Tommy A to come on in a big way.

Narkle can barely keep his head above water at AFL level, but is sadly a significant upgrade on Jed.

Is it time to consider trialling Farrell or Bergman up forward to offer some variation & a different avenue to goal?

I really like the look of Evans, Dante, Walsh & Lorenz going forward, but of all the players languishing in the 2s, we desperately need one of Lachie Charleston or Tommy A to come on in a big way.

Narkle can barely keep his head above water at AFL level, but is sadly a significant upgrade on Jed.

Is it time to consider trialling Farrell or Bergman up forward to offer some variation & a different avenue to goal?
As solid as Farrell has been in defence, I think we can replace what he offers there with Evans and to a lesser extent Sinn. I’d like to see Farrell as a high HF again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evans, Burgoyne, & Sinn can all play of HB, our forward half is utter shite right now.

None of them are currently producing farrells drive. Really we need them as well as Farrell back there. Also Farrell hasn’t shown anything special as a forward which is where we played and developed him before moving him back.

Now that farrells established himself as a good rebounding half back it would be silly to rob Peter when it wouldn’t pay Paul.

Keep Farrell back, and play and develop the small forwards we drafted / bring in more.

No, not writing him off. I'm saying there is a major deficiency in his game that needs to be cleaned up for him to be a regular first 23 player.
I don’t see Evans as a long term prospect, isn’t writing him off? You’re saying he will be good for a year or two and then what?

Agree , thought he got around the ground quite well and I thought I’d prefer him to Franky and Mcentee
In the absence of any classy small forwards apart from Rioli, we may as well just run with the extra run role that Narkle gave. Better then the negative shutdown of McEntee.. Id give couple weeks and see how it pans out, just tell him to get up and back being a extra link.

Walsh is the one for me, big & tough with a bit of mongrel in him and can play either end.

Break glass and upgrade him.

No, not writing him off. I'm saying there is a major deficiency in his game that needs to be cleaned up for him to be a regular first 23 player.
I'm about halfway with you on this. I think it's too early to say 'not a long term prospect' but I definitely think his first two games are being overrated. He's had some good moments but some awful bombscare moments too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back