List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

It is something to really think about.

We've got the Three Amigos and even though Wines is a stalwart of the club, should not be playing above those three and even Drew but he's automatically slotted in the centre over the captain and dual AA, the reigning Coaches Player of the Year and one of the best young talents in the game.

If I was either of Rozee, Butters or the Hornet, I would not understand why they aren't the face and engine of the team.
Watch the replays and see how a lot of our three Amigo's success is predicated on Wines blocking and and making space for them. In my view our three attacking stars should not all be in the centre at the same time where a defending mid-fielder is always required.

It won't happen, but I like eddie ford. He adds some excitement and attitude to a forward line. He's out of contract and would be pretty cheap but its very likely he stays at North.
A second hand Eddie Ford coached by used car salesman Ken Hinkley in his 13th year. Poetic.

I don’t see Evans as a long term prospect, isn’t writing him off? You’re saying he will be good for a year or two and then what?
No I'm saying people are getting carried away by the fact he got a good amount of the ball in his first game but pretty much ignored where the ball went. I don't think he will be good for a year or 2, I think he'll be out of team when Burton recovers from his injury.

Watching the champs , to me its clear that Vic Metro and Country offer more then the SA and WA kids. Clearly bigger , more developed and compete in a higher level comp. I would be using our first pick (in the 30s) on a mid from either of those leagues. Despite our small forward needs there is a number of high quality mid types coming out of Vic who by there sheer numbers are going to slip down the draft table and may be available to us. Probably need a taller bigger body type to replace Wines , but just take best available.

Walsh is the one for me, big & tough with a bit of mongrel in him and can play either end.

Break glass and upgrade him.

Yep, I have no doubt that he’ll lead our defense one day. Apart from his good size, & athleticism, I love his aggression & the strong desire he has for the contest. These are the types of players you want to be in trenches with, they inspire others to walk taller & have that never say die attitude.

Watch the replays and see how a lot of our three Amigo's success is predicated on Wines blocking and and making space for them. In my view our three attacking stars should not all be in the centre at the same time where a defending mid-fielder is always required.
Exactly, no ying to the yang… what made Voss, Black, Lappin, Akermannis, Power, Hart, McRae, Copeland (Headland, Hadley, Shattock) so bloody good?

They all complimented each other, Voss was the Bull, Akermannis was the Cream, Power was the link man from D50 to F50, Black was the smartest player on the ground and thrived in the stoppage, Hart and McRae were to happy to play their role for the team, Copeland was your heart and soul Half Forward…

Rarely did you see Black, Voss and Akkermanis on the ball together. Although Akkers ego was the largest in the AFL he knew he could influence games and win Brownlows from a Half Forward role. Lappin as great as he was knew he could play a role on a wing and benefited from this, Voss was the man but didn’t impact games for 100% of the match - just did enough to lift his men when required. Black didn’t need to be seen running and bouncing on a wing, or kicking goals, not even lacing out forwards - just happily went about his business like a pig to a trough. Luke Power and Jarred Schofield could easily pick up 30 touches on any given day, but knew they had to bust their gut between the arc’s to be the best they were in the team they found themselves in.

We have 2 blokes trying to be Akker but doing it from the Centre Stoppage, need the group to understand one is good because another is great. JHF/Voss, Drew/Black, Butters/Lappin, Rozzee/Akker, Wines/Hart, Mead/Power, SPP/McRae, Burgmann/Copeland, Lorenz-Burgoyne-Jackson/

Actually thought Narkle gave us a bit more run today. Had written him off, but that extra run link role offset the fact that he isnt really a small forward.
He also bobbed up in defence with an important mark and knew where to run to to link up and to find space in the forward line. Much better than we've seen from both McEntee and Frankie Evans so far this year. If only he had kicked better for goal.

"The offer is five years at around $800K a year." Caroline Wilson reports Hawthorn has ramped up its pursuit of Harry Perryman, with Sam Mitchell, Jarryd Roughead, and Dylan Moore meeting the Giants free agent in Sydney last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The offer is five years at around $800K a year." Caroline Wilson reports Hawthorn has ramped up its pursuit of Harry Perryman, with Sam Mitchell, Jarryd Roughead, and Dylan Moore meeting the Giants free agent in Sydney last week.

Meanwhile Ken and Koch are showing Port Adelaide to be a circus that I personally wouldn't touch if I were Perryman.

Hawks will land Battle and Perryman.

He's a good player but he's not Rozee, Butters or the Hornet, especially in terms of impact.
It's very in vogue to trash Wines, but let's wait to see if Rozee, Butters or the Hornet can pull off a season even 2/3rds of the high-level consistency that Wines did in 2021.

I'm happy to give JHF a pass for another year or two while he gets experience and builds his tank but Butters and more so Rozee have gone badly missing in big games too often.

Wines hasn’t been the same since his cardiac & knee concerns, he’s just not able to cover the ground like he use to.

All the players should be put on notice, with particular emphasis on the following:

1) Marshall
2) DBJ
3) Jones
4) Finlayson

I’d add Jed to that list, but I think the next coach will promptly put a line through him.

Exactly, no ying to the yang… what made Voss, Black, Lappin, Akermannis, Power, Hart, McRae, Copeland (Headland, Hadley, Shattock) so bloody good?

They all complimented each other, Voss was the Bull, Akermannis was the Cream, Power was the link man from D50 to F50, Black was the smartest player on the ground and thrived in the stoppage, Hart and McRae were to happy to play their role for the team, Copeland was your heart and soul Half Forward…

Rarely did you see Black, Voss and Akkermanis on the ball together. Although Akkers ego was the largest in the AFL he knew he could influence games and win Brownlows from a Half Forward role. Lappin as great as he was knew he could play a role on a wing and benefited from this, Voss was the man but didn’t impact games for 100% of the match - just did enough to lift his men when required. Black didn’t need to be seen running and bouncing on a wing, or kicking goals, not even lacing out forwards - just happily went about his business like a pig to a trough. Luke Power and Jarred Schofield could easily pick up 30 touches on any given day, but knew they had to bust their gut between the arc’s to be the best they were in the team they found themselves in.

We have 2 blokes trying to be Akker but doing it from the Centre Stoppage, need the group to understand one is good because another is great. JHF/Voss, Drew/Black, Butters/Lappin, Rozzee/Akker, Wines/Hart, Mead/Power, SPP/McRae, Burgmann/Copeland, Lorenz-Burgoyne-Jackson/
Good post with the exception of mentioning Shattock alongside the likes of Voss, Black, Lappin, Akermanis etc etc.

He was a very ordinary player who didn't record a stat in his one and only flag outing for brisvegas, struggled at senior sanfl level for WWT and was dropped to their magoos for the finals, before being delisted by Port and apparently ending up kicking the dew off the grass in a fairly lowly comp in either NSW or Qld.

A mate of mine used to say Aaron Shattock could make Matt Thomas look like prime Russell Ebert. ;)

Meanwhile Ken and Koch are showing Port Adelaide to be a circus that I personally wouldn't touch if I were Perryman.

Hawks will land Battle and Perryman.

Would you pay Perryman $800K a year? We could develop an average player like him from our list for half that.

Just a reminder that we gave up our first rounder this year for esava and 1/3rd of soldo.
Yeah mystifying! I don’t get why we were so obsessed with Esava! Both were late second round offers if not 3rd

It's very in vogue to trash Wines, but let's wait to see if Rozee, Butters or the Hornet can pull off a season even 2/3rds of the high-level consistency that Wines did in 2021.

I'm happy to give JHF a pass for another year or two while he gets experience and builds his tank but Butters and more so Rozee have gone badly missing in big games too often.
This is the thing. I'm not trashing him.

I'm just saying the Three Amigos need to be let loose, preferably with a good ruck.

Present, the Three Amigos have 6 prime years ahead of them to prove themselves, hopefully without Kenny Failure.

Would you pay Perryman $800K a year? We could develop an average player like him from our list for half that.

Thinking 800k is what 600k once was and there's always a premium on F/A

He does take Boaks spot and he's cost us absolutely nothing to develop along with standing up in big games.

I'd take him.

Rumour Ron was just on SEN. He turns up every now and then and has a good record with his info.

He said Phillipou would be returning back to SA at the end of the season even though he signed a new 2 year deal about Rd 7. He has pretty much been playing reserves a week or two since his re-signing.

Dwayne asked what will they ask for him? He said a player.

We had a big crack before he re-signed. Maybe he is pissed off with Lyon and his game plan.

One to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back