Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sobering statistic that this will be the club’s 7th consecutive year out of the eight.

Give me one good reason why any board member present for all of those seven years shouldn’t stand down?
ThEy arEn'T ThE oneS oUt tHerE kiCkiNg thE fooTbAlL

Maybe Nicks should remember to take the handbrake off before the last quarter.
View attachment 2025596
This is twofold:
  • We do well when we have already lost and the oppo is thinking about a hot shower.
  • We are good at the come from behind and fall short final quarter.

Pretty sobering statistic that this will be the club’s 7th consecutive year out of the eight.

Give me one good reason why any board member present for all of those seven years shouldn’t stand down?

For all the nonsense that we get fed on this board about playing kids being the path way to a Melbourne forever rebuild, we're actually more than half way towards their 12 year drought already (with all signs being that we need to go back to the drawing board and the end is nowhere near in sight).

Which makes the decision to extend Nicks even worse.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does it? They're basically writing this year down as a necessary step along the road to our inevitable rise.

After seven years in the wilderness, it's still manifest destiny. Nothing to see here.

I guess the review found that everything is fine and dandy at Crow land after all.

Stupid us not seeing how well things are going. That we projected a ladder surge (evidenced by our demand for all these prime time games) only to regress to 2020 levels is actually the proof that they're doing amazingly.

I guess the review found that everything is fine and dandy at Crow land after all.

Stupid us not seeing how well things are going. That we projected a ladder surge (evidenced by our demand for all these prime time games) only to regress to 2020 levels is actually the proof that they're doing amazingly.
We need players back and to keep losing, it’s the only way we can remove the poxy injury excuse.

I just cringed when they are basically pleading for support when it’s not earnt, what trust should we have in them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need players back and to keep losing, it’s the only way we can remove the poxy injury excuse.

I just cringed when they are basically pleading for support when it’s not earnt, what trust should we have in them?

"We don't take your support for granted.

Also, after seven years out of the finals our response to any concerns that you might hold is go **** yourself, and pay up next year for more of the same".

I bet the review found that the review was not needed.

Yep, “trust us despite signing a hack coach for another 2 years after one game because we can’t handle noise”

What will really annoy me is we have chosen to stick with this guy, the season gets predictably worse and we end up parting ways at the end of the season or even early next season. Like, what is the point of this?

The question has to be asked, at what point does it become a waste of time?

Port are a classic example. People have been questioning Ken for half a decade. He never got them to the promise land. They gave him him every thing they could and he still failed. I rate Ken as a thousand times a better coach than Nicks but he has failed. Ken is likely to be moved on now, while we are sticking fast with a coach who simply has never proven himself in 5 years. This is not going to end well at all.

Big Iraqi Information Minister feel about that note. We reviewed everything and all is well. Look at the great progress of these young players!
  • The one we started as sub Week 1
  • The one we moved to sub to get Brodie Smith back in
  • The one who only got in due to various injuries
  • The one that fell in our lap

Also, the most important thing you can do as fans is continue to give us money and be quiet. We love you.

In the last 12 months, Matthew Nicks has won just TWO games against sides that aren't West Coast, North Melbourne or Port Adelaide

"we have seen the team improve its ladder position season on season over the last three years"

This is a lie

Ladder Position at Round 15 under Nicks
2020 - 18th
2021 - 14th
2022 - 13th
2023 - 8th
2024 - 15th

Its not a lie - The last 3 seasons they did improve from 14th - 13th - 8th.

This season is not done. Could win the last 9 in a row and finish 13-9-1 which was good enough for 5th in 2023.

Its not a lie - The last 3 seasons they did improve from 14th - 13th - 8th.

This season is not done. Could win the last 9 in a row and finish 13-9-1 which was good enough for 5th in 2023.

They didn't say completed seasons though, they said years. Which includes this year.

Back