News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Two weeks in a row with no mention of the Eagles game in AAA.

Some mention of Schofield but that's it.
Just like First Crack.
Got the last 2 minutes, showed some Eagles highlights but only talked about North.

Ahhh it's already happening, winning games and getting ignored by the ole Vic Media.

Booing in Victoria - nothing to see here!
Booing in WA - Kings Counsel investigation required.

Top 8 sides in finals all Vic - nothing to see here!
Non Vic sides dominate the 8 - Kings Counsel investigation required.

Standard Vic stuff really.
You forgot:

Noise of Affirmation at the 'G - Totally understandable and expected.

Noise of Affirmation anywhere else - Cheating and unacceptable.

A whole one season without assured pricktorian dominance, might be time for another one of these.

Going by this, 2025 should be the year of a KC review into why Interstate sides haven't won a premiership since 2018 if one of them doesn't get up this year.

I know we stole the win, but a C+ plus for a win seems harsh.
Same score as Melbourne who lost.

Fair enough......

WEST COAST EAGLES

Eagles fans may be celebrating just their second back-to-back win in three years but the reality is the victory was a “big steal”. West Coast were outgunned in the opening half but made the most of a North side that ran out of steam. The Eagles still managed just 42 inside 50s for the match – below their lowly 45.8 average for 2024. But in positive signs for caretaker coach Jarrad Schofield, it was West Coast’s deadly 73.8% efficiency inside 50 – up from their season average of just 48% - that saw the side come away with the four points. The result is the side’s first win at the venue in more than a decade to now move two wins clear of the bottom two.

In the votes

Oscar Allen may have had the yips early, but found his radar in a stunning second half that included kicking the match winner with seconds to play. He finished with five goals from his 14 disposals and 10 score involvements, and found excellent support from Jamie Cripps (three goals from 10 touches). Jeremy McGovern was a wall in defence as he blanketed Nick Larkey. He finished his team’s highest possession getter with 25 – including 13 intercepts which is more than double the next best Eagle.

Room for improvement

Jake Waterman couldn’t overcome his accuracy woes to finish with 1.4 – despite taking a team-high nine marks. Liam Ryan had a rough day and was singled out for a moment in the third term where he opted to let his opponent fly and mark uncontested. “He’s too good to just play like that,” AFL great Dermott Brereton said of Ryan. “You’ve got to dig in for your team.” Ryan was goalless from his 10 disposals.

Grade

C+
we played poorly, take the win and run.

Hahaha a few people hit a nerve with W Schofield by the sounds, has mentioned the shit he's copped from West Coast fans on every podcast for the last few weeks. Definitely a BF reader. G'day Schoey.

---

I know we stole the win, but a C+ plus for a win seems harsh.
Same score as Melbourne who lost.

Fair enough......

WEST COAST EAGLES

Eagles fans may be celebrating just their second back-to-back win in three years but the reality is the victory was a “big steal”. West Coast were outgunned in the opening half but made the most of a North side that ran out of steam. The Eagles still managed just 42 inside 50s for the match – below their lowly 45.8 average for 2024. But in positive signs for caretaker coach Jarrad Schofield, it was West Coast’s deadly 73.8% efficiency inside 50 – up from their season average of just 48% - that saw the side come away with the four points. The result is the side’s first win at the venue in more than a decade to now move two wins clear of the bottom two.

In the votes

Oscar Allen may have had the yips early, but found his radar in a stunning second half that included kicking the match winner with seconds to play. He finished with five goals from his 14 disposals and 10 score involvements, and found excellent support from Jamie Cripps (three goals from 10 touches). Jeremy McGovern was a wall in defence as he blanketed Nick Larkey. He finished his team’s highest possession getter with 25 – including 13 intercepts which is more than double the next best Eagle.

Room for improvement

Jake Waterman couldn’t overcome his accuracy woes to finish with 1.4 – despite taking a team-high nine marks. Liam Ryan had a rough day and was singled out for a moment in the third term where he opted to let his opponent fly and mark uncontested. “He’s too good to just play like that,” AFL great Dermott Brereton said of Ryan. “You’ve got to dig in for your team.” Ryan was goalless from his 10 disposals.

Grade

C+

Absolute garbage... not the fact we ran over them, only because North ran out of steam... give me a spell. Wasn't long ago the media were questioning our fitness.

Umpires get influenced by the crowd in Sydney and it's not ok.
At the MCG on the other hand it is ???

So is a certain Vic side coach going to cop a please apologize and be fined?
A certain James Hird got absolutely crucified for saying an umpire was biased.
Nope, I guess not.
"The AFL has today been in touch with Collingwood and cautioned senior coach Craig McRae in regard to his comments towards umpires in the post match press conference," AFL spokesman Jay Allen said on Monday afternoon.

Umpires get influenced by the crowd in Sydney and it's not ok.
At the MCG on the other hand it is ???

So is a certain Vic side coach going to cop a please apologize and be fined?
A certain James Hird got absolutely crucified for saying an umpire was biased.
Nope, I guess not.
"The AFL has today been in touch with Collingwood and cautioned senior coach Craig McRae in regard to his comments towards umpires in the post match press conference," AFL spokesman Jay Allen said on Monday afternoon.

Why wouldn't you complain if you were a Melbourne based coach?

Al Richardson had a cry how many years ago and we gets screwed home as well as away these days by the maggots.

A whole one season without assured pricktorian dominance, might be time for another one of these.

Would be really interested to see this report. I don't believe it was made public (why?). If anyone can get a hold of it I'm sure it'd make for some 'interesting' reading.

Same for First Crack. Was looking forward to their take but it ended up just a north complaints moment and a 2 second bit on "how about Schofield eh".
Been hitting refesh on the Tubes, glad its just them being prcks.
first win in tassie since i dont know when against any team, man Nth blew it aye?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s so predictable.
Injury excuse coming out everywhere for Tigers Carlton Saints after what we copped for the last few years “ yes they have injuries but you can’t keep using that excuse”.
I like how Harley gets double the fine for a melee than Banfield’s deliberately elbowing a player in the head while defenceless on the ground. Not sending the correct messages. (?Reid’s priors?)

I’m still laughing at that +C grading. Who wrote that up? Surely you can’t win a game of footy and be rated that low after beating a side that’s marginally worse than you in a ground you suck at. Fair enough if that was like early season Sydney sneaking home against the 2023 Eagles

View attachment 2077665

I'm sure this has gone down well in Cockburn
(apologies for giving this publication air time)

Tbh, that is one time they’ve actually got one of those right - it’s relevant and for a change isn’t mocking anyone

Would be really interested to see this report. I don't believe it was made public (why?). If anyone can get a hold of it I'm sure it'd make for some 'interesting' reading.
I reckon it’s where the idea of 2 new VFL farm teams in GWS and Gold Coast was suggested. Overload them with early draft picks, then cherry pick them off gradually after a couple of seasons in the system

I love what he does, but some saying about racehorses dragging plows, i hope he can find the sweet spot between the aggro bsd energy, and getting sucked in by opponents trying to throw off his game.
Shame the afl have some sort of harley tax already, both frees and fines.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back