News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Hairy Lyon and Tim Watson just now on sen discussing the issue about having no finals in Melbourne this year saying it’s a big worry for Victorians and the AFL, he legitimately said “end of the day it is a national comp”

Didn’t hear anybody say this over the decade of dominance from vic clubs in finals

Gtfo

Last edited:
Hairy Lyon and Tim Watson just now on sen discussing the issue about having no finals in Melbourne this year saying it’s a big worry for Victorians and the AFL, he legitimately said “end of the day it is a national comp”

Didn’t hear anybody say this over the decade of dominance from vic clubs in finals

Gtfo
Local Melbourne radio show laments finals footy not being played in Melbourne.

I mean, seems like a fairly normal discussion for a local radio show to me.

From the Fox Footy website.

So in other news Petruccelle is now playing in the VFL and apparently our win against the GC doesn't count.
OK.

Team Tips: The Eagles are searching for back-to-back wins this Sunday after miraculously coming from behind to down North Melbourne in Tasmania.

Jarrad Schofield’s side didn’t come away with any injuries and would be hard pressed to make many changes after getting back-to-back wins for the second time in 2024. Tom Barrass (concussion) could be available if he exits protocols this week, but is also battling a hamstring injury and mightn’t be as needed if Charlie Curnow and/or Harry McKay don’t get up.

Jack Petruccelle (23 touches, one goal) is the other one who could come into the mix after a strong VFL showing.

Local Melbourne radio show laments finals footy not being played in Melbourne.

I mean, seems like a fairly normal discussion for a local radio show to me.
If they’re complaining about it and the reason being in his own words that it’s a national comp then they should’ve been complaining about it when the Vics were domination seeing as it’s a national comp.. we heard crickets

If they’re complaining about it and the reason being in his own words that it’s a national comp then they should’ve been complaining about it when the Vics were domination seeing as it’s a national comp.. we heard crickets
So text them during the show and call them out

They're appealing to a Vic audience on a Vic radio show.

Why would they do that when it's not what their parochial listeners want to hear?

From the Fox Footy website.

So in other news Petruccelle is now playing in the VFL and apparently our win against the GC doesn't count.
OK.

Team Tips: The Eagles are searching for back-to-back wins this Sunday after miraculously coming from behind to down North Melbourne in Tasmania.

Jarrad Schofield’s side didn’t come away with any injuries and would be hard pressed to make many changes after getting back-to-back wins for the second time in 2024. Tom Barrass (concussion) could be available if he exits protocols this week, but is also battling a hamstring injury and mightn’t be as needed if Charlie Curnow and/or Harry McKay don’t get up.

Jack Petruccelle (23 touches, one goal) is the other one who could come into the mix after a strong VFL showing.
Back to Back against real (Vic) football teams, sheesh come on man, GC don't count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the same here in Adelaide

I don't bother with any of it coz , as expected, it's just a Crows and port wankfest.

Mainly Crows tbh.

Even when Port are dominating it all feels subdued.

If Port win the flag I doubt there will be much hoopla

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's the same here in Adelaide

I don't bother with any of it coz , as expected, it's just a Crows and port wankfest.

Mainly Crows tbh.

Even when Port are dominating it all feels subdued.

If Port win the flag I doubt there will be much hoopla

Shhhh that doesn't support the 'ViCmeDiAaaAAaA' narrative around here

With a bit of luck and a bit more POISE!! we could've knocked off Ess, StK and NM even maybe Brissy for 8 or 9 wins and that would've been huge.

(and Simmo prob still coach)

Poise maybe, but we didn’t have the fight under Simmo that we have shown recently, hence him having to go. Question is, can we maintain it for two more rounds?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back