News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpson really doesn’t like The West at all. Nice little drive by at about 1.40 in this clip

Man it's great seeing Simmo relaxed and enjoying being a bit more free in his thoughts in the media lately. Would love to see him get a permanent gig on one of the shows somewhere.

West Coast forward Jack Darling has confirmed a multiple-year deal from North Melbourne would suit him well after revealing his meeting with the Roos had been “pretty good”.

Darling was spotted at Perth Airport on Tuesday after travelling to Victoria to conduct a medical check with the Kangaroos as the 32-year-old forward looks to extend his career.

Though Darling is still contracted to the Eagles for next season, the lure of a multi-year deal from the Roos means he has likely played his last game in the blue and gold.

“It was a pretty good [meeting],” Darling told 10 News.

“I’m just trying to... extend my career, and look, if that’s another two or three years at North, I think that would suit me and my family well.”

Darling acknowledged it was a tough decision to leave a club just two games shy of the 300 mark, but felt he had plenty left in the tank.

“Yeah it is [a tough decision] but I know I’ll play 300-plus (AFL) games. My body is all good, so I’m durable, so it should be no worries.”
----------------------------------
(The rest was just a re-hash of simmos comments on SEN).

I'd laugh my arse off if Simmo started poaching Schofield's media gigs.
"Hi Schoey .... Yeah I'm good thanks. Listen, I know it's your podcast and all but I've decided to drop you this week from Backchat to make room for myself to slot in there.

The podcast is a little bit too tall at the moment and we just want to bring that balance and synergy back. Anyway, give me a call when you get this".

"Hi Schoey .... Yeah I'm good thanks. Listen, I know it's your podcast and all but I've decided to drop you this week from Backchat to make room for myself to slot in there.

The podcast is a little bit too tall at the moment and we just want to bring that balance and synergy back. Anyway, give me a call when you get this".
I assume it's the coast to coast in club interview stuff.
But never let logic get in the way of a good joke.

You had me until you said too tall. Such words would never have fallen from Simmo's mouth.

Is it a matter of concern Harley Reidand birds of Tokyo will both be on the grand final front bar edition…. Hopefully he lets them know about the song

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is it a matter of concern Harley Reidand birds of Tokyo will both be on the grand final front bar edition…. Hopefully he lets them know about the song

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Great, looking forward to 20 minutes of "Which Vic team are you going to play for?" :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone catch Footy Classified tonight? Best goals in Grand Finals of all time. No mention of Sheed's sealer in 18'. So so Victorian.

Was Eddie on it? In the Eddie & Jimmy pod this week, Bartel brought up the top 5 grand final goals and said Sheed was #1. Eddie gave him daggers.

4D chess from Jack Darling. He knows full well that Norf won't be able to afford to give their players any mandated vaccines.

Jokes aside, I think this I actually a pretty selfless act from Darling. The guy has every right to retire as a 1 club man, our second highest all time goal scorer. To leave now, when he still has some currency and help the club pick itself back up off the canvas with some extra draft capital is a pretty big deal and should be acknowledged.

Go well JD, you have provided so many high moments and so many lols across the years. Eagles champion.

4D chess from Jack Darling. He knows full well that Norf won't be able to afford to give their players any mandated vaccines.

Jokes aside, I think this I actually a pretty selfless act from Darling. The guy has every right to retire as a 1 club man, our second highest all time goal scorer. To leave now, when he still has some currency and help the club pick itself back up off the canvas with some extra draft capital is a pretty big deal and should be acknowledged.

Go well JD, you have provided so many high moments and so many lols across the years. Eagles champion.
Let's get one thing clear.
JD isn't leaving to help the club.

Of course he wants to line his pockets and have more security - more power to him.

Ultimately though the club would have given him another year at minimum and probably another from there if his body held up which, being Jack, it most likely would.

The move is, unless he goes for a packet of chips, beneficial to both parties but there is no need to pretend there is no personal sacrifice in uprooting your life to move cross country when there is a much easier option on the table.

Of course he wants to line his pockets and have more security - more power to him.

Ultimately though the club would have given him another year at minimum and probably another from there if his body held up which, being Jack, it most likely would.

The move is, unless he goes for a packet of chips, beneficial to both parties but there is no need to pretend there is no personal sacrifice in uprooting your life to move cross country when there is a much easier option on the table.
I reckon there's no way in the world the club would've given him another year.
If that was the case, he wouldn't be moving.

IMO, there was no other option.
It was a year at WC or 2, possibly 3 at Norf.

The "personal sacrifice" as you say is for another year worth of pay.
That's it.

There was no easier option on the table.
If there was, he would've taken it.

Idris Elba Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

I dont begrudge him for trying to extend his career but......Yeah, nah i dont buy that.

I was driving this morning and flicked on 91.3FM and who should be on, Peter (the drone) Sumich and he was still moaning about the Eagles performance over the past few years and how much past players like him have much to offer the club moving forward but have been overlooked.

Listening to Suma is similar to a prostate examination, not painful, but decidedly uncomfortable.

He went on about how he loved the club and how sad he was to witness its demise in recent years and is concerned about all sections of the club including the supporters.

Note to Suma; yes we’ve had a shit run over the past few years, yes we’re in a rebuild, yes there needs to be changes….. and all these things are in progress so pi$$ off and take your wounded pride with you. The forty odd thousand supporters that show up each week understand exactly where WCE are at and improvement is imminent but not immediate.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back