News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Have none of you ever watched front bar? They'll ask him what he'd cook them for dinner and what his favourite colour is.

Literally the only time I watched the Front Bar was when Simmo was on a couple weeks ago and tbh I thought they were kinda acting like dicks to him. And everything Simmo said on there he said on Will Schofield's podcast so I didn't need to end up watching any way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today's episode of BackChat centered around Dan and Sam Butler interviewing Will Schofield about his life. He said in the 2020 COVID hub year he was on $70,000 which was then halved to $35,000 when everyone got their salaries halved he couldn't even get job keeper...how the hell is it possible for a veteran player only be on $70,000? I thought base salary was like $200,000? Must've been a heavily front loaded deal or something..

Today's episode of BackChat centered around Dan and Sam Butler interviewing Will Schofield about his life. He said in the 2020 COVID hub year he was on $70,000 which was then halved to $35,000 when everyone got their salaries halved he couldn't even get job keeper...how the hell is it possible for a veteran player only be on $70,000? I thought base salary was like $200,000? Must've been a heavily front loaded deal or something..

Yeah he mentioned this on the Eagles BF pod and I was shocked to hear that.

Also of course Schoey so full of it he’d get himself on his own podcast to be interviewed 😂😂

It can't have been front loaded as he signed a one year extension at the end of 2019 and retired/was delisted at the end of 2020. I'd say it was either you can retire or stay on the list as depth for 70k. He signed the contract its not like the Eagles forced him.

It can't have been front loaded as he signed a one year extension at the end of 2019 and retired/was delisted at the end of 2020. I'd say it was either you can retire or stay on the list as depth for 70k. He signed the contract its not like the Eagles forced him.

To be fair he signed the deal before he knew COVID would hit the season like it did and they would be hubbing.

Poor form from the AFL not to let them get Job Keeper due to the optics of the situation. $35k to play when you are an elite level athlete (diet, recovery costs etc), as Schofield said he was paying to play that year.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back