News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure we have more cash on hand than what the club is worth according to these idiots, wouldnt read into it much
I think it's more 'how large is this brand's reach' and less a valuation of the club.

There's some accounting for brand awareness / conversion ratios - otherwise Sydney would be #1, but it's still heavily weighted towards brand familiarity and local market, i.e. population.

This stuff doesn't really work for AFL clubs which are mostly geographically constrained, but Collingwood is obviously a stronger brand than WCE.

West Coast would be worth a lot more than Sydney if say a private equity mob wanted to buy the club but not as much as Collingwood regardless of cash flows.

Speechless at how head of media for a major broadcaster in our country can tweet that. This league is very tinpot. Tampering 101
Lol this would never have been said if TB was a cats/essendon player. At the end of the day a team with a contracted player is going to play hard ball. Especially when they know how desperate the hawks are

Speechless at how head of media for a major broadcaster in our country can tweet that. This league is very tinpot. Tampering 101View attachment 2138242

I like how's there's this imaginary timeline that the Hawks were waiting on to get the trade done and they got bored of waiting so decided to teach us a lesson by going elsewhere. All for a contracted player they pursued.

Additionally Richmond being OK with 14 being the "centrepiece", meaning they possibly also wanted more. It's like there's no thought about what might be best for the Eagles here, instead we should just cave to what both these other clubs want.

How about this Tom, you crawl back under the slimy rock you squelched your way out of after getting fired recently you dip shit.

I like how's there's this imaginary timeline that the Hawks were waiting on to get the trade done and they got bored of waiting so decided to teach us a lesson by going elsewhere. All for a contracted player they pursued.

Additionally Richmond being OK with 14 being the "centrepiece", meaning they possibly also wanted more. It's like there's no thought about what might be best for the Eagles here, instead we should just cave to what both these other clubs want.

How about this Tom, you crawl back under the slimy rock you squelched your way out of after getting fired recently you dip shit.
Don't hold back mate.

Say what you really think.

This is what I've been scratching my head about all day. All I've been seeing and hearing from these people is what's best for Hawthorn and Richmond...So f*ck West Coast, right? Hawthorn get one of the better key defenders in the comp who's CONTRACTED, Richmond add to one of their 300 draft picks, and West Coast benefit from this? Liam Baker because he wants to go home...even though the trade for West Coast is an absolute ream job.

Vic bias is a real thing.

Vic Media so enamoured by Sam Mitchell and Hokball they’re going full advocacy mode for the cleanout. Except unlike Hawthorn/Norf before them, they’re expecting each of them to be worth multiple first rounders
Jon ralph be like: Can’t believe no one wants to take Tom Lynch for a first rounder??? asleep at the wheel for these clubs!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if....and I haven't read the last 200 posts if already meantioned

Hawks out - Hawks and blues F1
Hawks in barrass

Tigers out - 6 and baker.
Tigers in - Hawks and blues F1st

Eagles out Barrass
Eagles in 6 baker

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hawks were barely wanting to give 1 first rounder for Barrass, not sure how they will be convinced to give 2.

Tigers probably wouldn't go for that either.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back