Mitch McGovern 2: As The Worm Turns (read the OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect that both of those picks won't be enough to turn into 13, I wouldn't be surprised if we have to give up pick 21 along with either 26 or 28 to get our hands on 13.

Hope I'm wrong though

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Then I would be going to Carlton to make up the difference not us. We want 13 and Mcadam for Gov as a min. How that happens is between Swans and Blues.

I reckon Justin Reid is intimidated by SOS, where as he isn’t intimated by David Noble.

3 years in a row SOS will have pulled a shonky over Justin Reid by pulling his pants down and spanked his bare arse. Carlton got their own way with Gibbs and then forced us to pay overs again last year. Now Reid has a chance to score points back, he will lose to this smuck again or at best come out events.

Where as, he took it up to Noble and scored a massive win by acquiring pick 12 for Charlie Cameron.

SOS has Reid number and JR is scared stiff dealing with Carlton.

So the Carlton thread is devastated that they have over paid for Gov - 26,28 McAdam and a swap of future 3rd rounder from us for future 5th from them. And over here we are still in disbelief that we are taking 1 second and McAdam

Carlton board convinced this deal is done and they are varying from happy but feel overpaid a bit to furious and SOS has shut them out of other potential trades

I think if the deal is as above we have done well - not unbelievably well - but good enough

I reckon Justin Reid is intimidated by SOS, where as he isn’t intimated by David Noble.

3 years in a row SOS will have pulled a shonky over Justin Reid by pulling his pants down and spanked his bare arse. Carlton got their own way with Gibbs and then forced us to pay overs again last year. Now Reid has a chance to score points back, he will lose to this smuck again or at best come out events.

Where as, he took it up to Noble and scored a massive win by acquiring pick 12 for Charlie Cameron.

It wasn't overs for Gibbs, it was pick 10 (in what expert predicted as a weak 2017 draft compared to this year) and 12 place difference from our 2nd rounder at pick 25 this year. We expected to finish in the top 4 this year and Carlton to be around bottom 4-6, we had a very bad year where the only saving grace was Carlton had an even bad year finishing last which made this trade very good.

Dont think so, JR has learnt his lesson and has waited for the moment when he held the upper hand.

He looked pissed off.

Thats a good sign. If he was smiling I would be worried.
He’s had a terrible day... first he got shunned by shiel and now, if the 13 + mcadam rumours are true, he’s gonna pay a lot more than what he wants to get gov.

If he fails on gov... he’s fucjked... all they come away with is Setterfield.. does he even play round one with his knee?..

Carlton getting flogged in the first few rounds of next year would see the entire Carlton coaching and administration’s heads on the chopping block.

And it’s not looking like they will go into 2019 with much more added to the team that they had in 2018.

Dont think so, JR has learnt his lesson and has waited for the moment when he held the upper hand.
We kicked Carlton's ass last year as the sticking point was the swapping of the future 2nd rounders and also getting their future 3rd rounder, which we won but don't tell the Carlton supporters that, we gave up 2 1st rounders for Gibbs so they should give us overs for the McGovern trade.

He was talking tough with cameron. He was talking tough with lever.

Woth Gibbs and McGovern. Not so much.
True. I think he probably feels cautious around Carlton after his balls up in announcing the Gibbs trade originally before Carlton got to do it. Still don’t think he had his pants pulled down in the trade though
And FWIW I think he has got a pass in this trade if it’s as rumoured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect that both of those picks won't be enough to turn into 13, I wouldn't be surprised if we have to give up pick 21 along with either 26 or 28 to get our hands on 13.

Hope I'm wrong though

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Am I missing something with McAdam? He's a small forward with nice athletic attributes that had an okay, not great, season in the SANFL. Is he even worth pick 21? If we've been scouting him, I highly doubt it was with the mind of taking him that early in the draft.

We massively won last year. Fact . You are on your own on your thoughts here.

So the Carlton thread is devastated that they have over paid for Gov - 26,28 McAdam and a swap of future 3rd rounder from us for future 5th from them. And over here we are still in disbelief that we are taking 1 second and McAdam

Carlton board convinced this deal is done and they are varying from happy but feel overpaid a bit to furious and SOS has shut them out of other potential trades

I think if the deal is as above we have done well - not unbelievably well - but good enough

Do you know why we had the best forward line in the AFL last year?

Well, we had firepower everywhere. Tex, Eddie, Lynch, Charlie, Jenkins (even to some people chagrin) and leaving McGovern to be the 4th key forward.

Now, Charlie is gone to be replaced by McAdam with zero games experience.

And McGovern will be gone to be replaced by a kick who won’t play for 12 to 24 months. If thst is even a Key Position Forward.

So our industry leading forward line is decimated to a fraction of what it was. We will struggle to compete.

We won’t or have not replaced what we have lost and we should be contending for a flag. Right now!!

I love the facetiousness of some who want to have a go at those who are sick and tired of seeing our opportunities getting taken away as if it is no big deal. It is a big deal, as premiership are won by quality team and every bloody year we are losing quality players.

Not thst the “sky is falling” group care.

SOS said we're requesting a state league player as part of the deal, asked him if it'd be state league player and a 2nd rounder, SOS ummed and ahhhed and said not quite but they're working through it.
Picked that up too, so 2nd rounder McAdam wont cut it. Good, hold the line Reidy.

It wasn't overs for Gibbs, it was pick 10 (in what expert predicted as a weak 2017 draft compared to this year) and 12 place difference from our 2nd rounder at pick 25 this year. We expected to finish in the top 4 this year and Carlton to be around bottom 4-6, we had a very bad year where the only saving grace was Carlton had an even bad year finishing last which made this trade very good.

So we got pick 10 in a weak draft and gave up an earlier pick thst we should never had to for a lower pick in a strong draft.

Ok. Yeah. Well played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch McGovern 2: As The Worm Turns (read the OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back