Joelong

Debutant
Oct 2, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lauderdale Bombers, Chelsea
This was posted on the Graphic Design board tonight. Looks like you guys will be joining the trend in new logos.
get_tmi_image.jpg

It has been registered by the AFL with IP Australia and can be found through ATMOSS.

Trade Mark : 1497769
Word: WESTERN BULLDOGS SINCE 1883
Image: BULLDOG CUTS SHIELD,DIVIDED
Lodgement Date: 21-JUN-2012
Class/es: 9, 14, 16, 21, 25, 28, 41
Kind: n/a
Type of Mark: Composite

Owner/s: Australian Football League
ACN: 004155211
AFL House
140 Harbour Esplanade
DOCKLANDS VIC 3008
AUSTRALIA

If it does change, I don't know how I feel about it. I like it more than the robo-dog, but the heritage logo is better than this. Not a fan of the shield though.

It is OK, but not a huge improvement on robo-dog and certainly not as good as our old school one. My biggest problem is that it doesn't have the correct name above it.

I kinda would have preferred a shield with 3-4 parts, and a couple of bulldogs beside it or something (we are the Bulldogs, not the Bulldog, so no problem if we have more than 1 - at least it would be original).

I like it more than the past logos though I have to say - which I have put below in my personal order:

images
images
images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I quite like it, but I think it may be a little too 'modern'. I can see it aging pretty quickly, probably due to the shield being slanted and not symmetrical like the Cats' or Saints' logos. Given we've gone back to a traditional jumper (and have put 'since 1883' on the logo), I can't see why we wouldn't go with a more traditional logo as well, this one seems a little out of place.

Looks good to me, although I do agree that over time it may age a bit.
But these days clubs make money on selling merch. There's no better way to sell merch then to update it every now and again.

If it does change, I don't know how I feel about it. I like it more than the robo-dog, but the heritage logo is better than this. Not a fan of the shield though.

I agree with you - I can't work out why the club is looking away from heritage logo's when in the USA heritage uniforms is usually the strongest ones marketing

Perhaps the clubs should look outside the small fish bowl of Melbourne for marketing ideas - seem's to be too much importance in change for the sake of change which is how we ended up with the dreaded Robo-Dog

I hate it. The dog looks like it has Down's Sybdrome.

Much prefer Robo-dog or a revamp of the 80's dog head.
The heritage one is ok, but with the hoops jumper (which has grown on me a lot), you can't have everything based in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

News New Bulldogs logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back