Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 153 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 395 72.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched half of last game as I stated, I've watched pretty much every other game he's played though. McRae loves giving him charity votes and has done so numerous times over his career... It's as obvious as daylight... Probably why I'm not the only one to have mentioned it.
I think you are right and I have uncovered another rort which is even worse. Now I have always suspected that Cripper is getting a reverse Daicos. Now Vossy gives him the votes he deserves but the other coaches have it in for the Blues so short change that Capt. Turns out this is occurring on an even bigger scale. There is far greater potential difference in what the 2 coaches are awarding Cripps. Now while the cheating votes Daicos is getting are 1 or 2 at a time while with Cripps it seems he id often potentially missing out on 3 or 4 votes. There is often a really big difference in how the 2 coaches are assessing him. Variations occurred in 7 of the 11 games he has voted in , see the number listed below

3,3,4,1,3,1,3,4. So 23 votes in total. Seems there is much more agreement between coaches when assessing Daicos than Cripps

So Daicos is 84-15 so should have 69 votes
Cripps 78 + 23 for the votes he has had ripped off so he should be 101 votes and they may as well give him the award now. Cripps got ripped off

Now clearly this is total rubbish and Cripps has got the votes he deserves and there is no suggestion Voss might be looking after his even though the numbers point more that way that with Daicos. Its crazy. You are talking rubbish.

I think thats accurate.
So every time Daicos gets more votes from 1 coach you put that down to McRae rorting the system to give Daicos a leg up.

So when the discrepancy happens with Cripps votes it’s just coaches with an honest difference in opinion? Even though the variations are greater in Cripps votes?

Darcy Cameron was lightyears better than him on Friday night and Sidebottom lightyears better than him the week before
You refuse to read peoples posts, he has been our best 10 of 16. That equates to daylights better then the next Pie this season.

I know Cameron was our best against Geelong and Sidebottom against Essendon, that’s how I voted myself personally. The Geelong game hasn’t been counted yet on our board as it’s generally done a week or so later to give people time to vote should they wish.

He deserves he’s positioning on the AFLCA leaderboard whether you like it or not.

I think you are right and I have uncovered another rort which is even worse. Now I have always suspected that Cripper is getting a reverse Daicos. Now Vossy gives him the votes he deserves but the other coaches have it in for the Blues so short change that Capt. Turns out this is occurring on an even bigger scale. There is far greater potential difference in what the 2 coaches are awarding Cripps. Now while the cheating votes Daicos is getting are 1 or 2 at a time while with Cripps it seems he id often potentially missing out on 3 or 4 votes. There is often a really big difference in how the 2 coaches are assessing him. Variations occurred in 7 of the 11 games he has voted in , see the number listed below

3,3,4,1,3,1,3,4. So 23 votes in total. Seems there is much more agreement between coaches when assessing Daicos than Cripps

So Daicos is 84-15 so should have 69 votes
Cripps 78 + 23 for the votes he has had ripped off so he should be 101 votes and they may as well give him the award now. Cripps got ripped off

Now clearly this is total rubbish and Cripps has got the votes he deserves and there is no suggestion Voss might be looking after his even though the numbers point more that way that with Daicos. Its crazy. You are talking rubbish.

Longmire is spreading his votes around all his good players. McRae is gifting them to Daicos. So of course Daicos is going to be close in particular to the Swans players.

I wonder if Mitchell plays Maginness on him again...

Longmire is spreading his votes around all his good players. McRae is gifting them to Daicos. So of course Daicos is going to be close in particular to the Swans players.

Of course. So you are really going with this. So you reckon its happened everytime Daics gets votes. If we stretch that to the furthest combo of votes thats 15 extra. So you reckon all those 15 are undeserved?

Why wouldn’t Mitchell play Maginness on him, he did a great job on him last time.

Daicos is getting tagged week in week out by multiple players so it’s pretty much certain he will have maginness and maybe 1 or 2 others run with him all day.

McRae should be giving more votes to ... ? Unfortunately, we don't have 3 mids regularly starring like the Swans do and Nick has been our standout most games.

Why wouldn’t Mitchell play Maginness on him, he did a great job on him last time.

Daicos is getting tagged week in week out by multiple players so it’s pretty much certain he will have maginness and maybe 1 or 2 others run with him all day.

Maginness isnt in our best 22 so tagging Daicos means a better player misses out. Its a risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Even" BOG Dangerfield, yep you were right.
You should probably read the post you're quoting Meowbagger.

As I stated, I was out for the first half of the game where Danger clearly had a more of an impact on the game. He was pretty good in the 2nd half too but not as much as the others I listed imo.

Nicky boy mastering the act of invisibility in the 2nd half was all I needed to see to know he wasn't deserving of votes that game. Turns out I was correct Fadge . An astute judge indeed.

As I stated, I was out for the first half of the game where Danger clearly had a more of an impact on the game. He was pretty good in the 2nd half but not as much as the others imo.

Nicky boy mastering the act of invisibility in the 2nd half was all I needed to see to know he wasn't deserving of votes that game. Turns out I was correct Fadge
You may be correct.

He didn't receive any coaches votes (Fly, lift your game).

I understand he was rated 3rd best on ground on the Sunday Footy Show.

Let's see what happens on Brownlow night...

As I stated, I was out for the first half of the game where Danger clearly had a more of an impact on the game. He was pretty good in the 2nd half too but not as much as the others I listed imo.

Nicky boy mastering the act of invisibility in the 2nd half was all I needed to see to know he wasn't deserving of votes that game. Turns out I was correct Fadge . An astute judge indeed.
Fair enough, Walsh's-COAT-rack. It does make votes guesswork if you only watch half games, that's all.

Dangerfield's first half was similar to the first game against the Blues before he did his hammy; from memory you guys said he was ineffectual that game too. Ineffective in the second one rebounding from injury, but it's still impressive what he can do when his body allows him. Compare that to Dusty this season.

You may be correct.

Sunday footy show boys have clearly been sharing a few too many cones with McRae if they were giving him votes for Fridays performance.

Can you imagine if he puts in another BOG and kicks the goal to ice the game against them AGAIN in a few weeks?

Just imagine...
I don’t think Walsh will ever forget that

So disrespectful to leave him at that stoppage, I was watching Daicos thinking “surely someone is on him” when I saw him slip out the back of the stoppage, but no 🤣

You may be correct.

He received the equal most 8 votes (votes out of 10 to the best 5 players ) in The Age and 2 votes (out of 321) in the Herald Sun. Not even you were suggesting this level of performances. Make one wonder when the media will be replaced by AI. Can't be too far away now.

He received the equal most 8 votes (votes out of 10 to the best 5 players ) in The Age and 2 votes (out of 321) in the Herald Sun. Not even you were suggesting this level of performances. Make one wonder when the media will be replaced by AI. Can't be too far away now.
His first half against the Cats was very good - won a lot of balls in traffic and released teammates. Second half Atkins was very good - super tight (probably lucky to get away with some of the tightness).

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back