Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn v Collingwood​

8 Jack Ginnivan (HAW)
8 Connor MacDonald (HAW)
5 James Sicily (HAW)
4 Conor Nash (HAW)
3 Dylan Moore (HAW)
1 Jarman Impey (HAW)
1 Massimo D'Ambrosio (HAW)

Crippa has passed poor little Nicky... Boy oh boy wowee!

Still the best player in the comp Fadge ??
Are you suggesting the best two players in the competition right now are:

1. Heeney
2. Cripps

????

One swallow does not make a summer.

Bont and Daicos are still the two best players in the competition, there is no doubt about it.

There's a reason Daicos has more time spent planning for him, and receives more on field attention than any other player in the competition.

As a 21 year old in his 3rd season in the system.
He receives attention because clubs know that if you limit his possessions, opposition will generally win the game. There is simply no one else at Collingwood worth putting a tag onto these days

Are you suggesting the best two players in the competition right now are:

1. Heeney
2. Cripps

????

One swallow does not make a summer.

Bont and Daicos are still the two best players in the competition, there is no doubt about it.
I put it to you that there is doubt. At the moment , it's cripps and bont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty strong evidence in my books View attachment 2056000
Best way to assess brownlow from a statistical sense and to grade players is votes per game played. If you look at that you see all the modern mid guns placed high.

However the 2 highest career players are Hayden Bunton and Graham Moss. Next best is Nick Daicos even though he has only 2 seasons. 0.93 votes per game. Cripper as you would expect is also high up at 0.78 votes per game. That is superb. Whats freaky is Daicos is already the highest modern day player, so young, after 2 seasons where traditionally players dont get many votes.

Best way to assess brownlow from a statistical sense and to grade players is votes per game played. If you look at that you see all the modern mid guns placed high.

However the 2 highest career players are Hayden Bunton and Graham Moss. Next best is Nick Daicos even though he has only 2 seasons. 0.93 votes per game. Cripper as you would expect is also high up at 0.78 votes per game. That is superb. Whats freaky is Daicos is already the highest modern day player, so young, after 2 seasons where traditionally players dont get many votes.
Again, and it's not diminishing Nick in any way, but he has got no team mates taking votes of him. It's a 1 man show down at pie land. The gap between most votes at collingwood, to 2nd most will be ridiculous. Not his fault, but there ain't no Kerr, cousins and judd sharing the votes evenly each week. That stat is skewiff in my opinion

Interestingly Patty is now a $2.75 favourite

Bont and ND are equal fourth in the betting at 7.50. That’s got to be good value for Fadge if his man is truely the goat.
Mate, I've heard everything this year from Cripps being a crap leader, to even that he should hand his brownlow back , oh and this beauty - he only averages 10 kicks a game so he is no good Delusional bunch

Pretty strong evidence in my books View attachment 2056000
Interestingly Patty is now a $2.75 favourite

Bont and ND are equal fourth in the betting at 7.50. That’s got to be good value for Fadge if his man is truely the goat.
Do you think Cooney and Priddis were regarded as better players than GAJ, Buddy and Judd courtesy of their Brownlow Medals?

I don't.

Mate, I've heard everything this year from Cripps being a crap leader, to even that he should hand his brownlow back , oh and this beauty - he only averages 10 kicks a game so he is no good Delusional bunch
Nothing controversial about this. Only Blues nuffs believe he was a deserving winner under the current eligibility rules

Make no mistake, Cripps is a gun.

But behind Bont and Daicos when talking about the best players in the competition.

Do you think Cooney and Priddis were regarded as better players than GAJ, Buddy and Judd courtesy of their Brownlow Medals?

I don't.
Do you think if Cripps wins a 2nd brownlow this year , that he is still behind Bont and Daicos , in your opinion ?
I'm tipping you won't waiver and nothing will change your opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back