Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt very much that McRae was the one that gave Daicos the 5. He was easily best to half time but he had very little impact after that and zero in the last quarter when Carlton made their run. I doubt a coach is rewarding that. He would be spewing he went missing when Carlton made their run. Makes much more sense.

Ah yes Vossy the renown tactical expert. The decision to let the undamaging player roam must have resulted in a win for his team.
Didn't Voss belt your mob in few grand finals back in the day? Nicky had pretty much 0 impact on the game after quarter time outside of a nice goal assist and lacing out Carlton players all night going at 54% for the game

0 votes was harsh, but understandable.
5 votes is taking the absolute piss.

Embarrassing stuff from Fly.

Didn't Voss belt your mob in few grand finals back in the day? Nicky had pretty much 0 impact on the game after quarter time outside of a nice goal assist and lacing out Carlton players all night going at 54% for the game

Backtracking only 20 years now! A nice change from 50 years. Bloke was a great player, but he is a spud coach. Maybe the opposite will happen and all of Carlton's players will become champion coaches

Given Fly had taggers going to Cripps and he was still whooping ass while Voss let Daicos run around free as you like... I think it was pretty clear who the coaches thought was having more of an impact on the game.

As always Farcical Fly giving out charity votes to his beloved Nicky
Who would you have given your votes to in that game?

I'm thinking about doing my votes for each Dockers and Port game next year to see how it compares to that of the actual coaches votes. Bigfooty should have a collective if it doens't already.

I just had a look and Collingwood gave best player to Nick Daicos, so likely Voss gave him 0 votes.

I looked at the Port game and here's what I could work out

My Votes
5. JHF
4. Willem Drew
3. Mitch Georgeades
2. Butters
1. Wines

Here's what I thought were the votes, so there were some differences. I think Sydney didn't see the effort in Georgeades which I thought extended his forward line responsibilities. Sydney saw more in Farrell's lead into fwd 50. Admittedly it was a tough exercise given how many played well for Port.

Port
5. Willem Drew
4. Mitch Georgeades
3. JHF
2. Houston
1. Butters

Sydney

5. Willem Drew
4. JHF
3. Farrell
2. Butters
1. Wines

Backtracking only 20 years now! A nice change from 50 years. Bloke was a great player, but he is a spud coach. Maybe the opposite will happen and all of Carlton's players will become champion coaches
Once again deflecting. Fly giving Nicky the 5 is as close to a farce as you'll ever get. Reckon that's the 5th or 6th time now he's been nowhere near it and Fly has managed to sneak him in somehow.

Individual coaches votes should be made public to prevent him from further diminishing the integrity of one of the best awards in footy.

Who would you have given your votes to in that game?

I'm thinking about doing my votes for each Dockers and Port game next year to see how it compares to that of the actual coaches votes. Bigfooty should have a collective if it doens't already.

I just had a look and Collingwood gave best player to Nick Daicos, so likely Voss gave him 0 votes.

I looked at the Port game and here's what I could work out

My Votes
5. JHF
4. Willem Drew
3. Mitch Georgeades
2. Butters
1. Wines

Here's what I thought were the votes, so there were some differences. I think Sydney didn't see the effort in Georgeades which I thought extended his forward line responsibilities. Sydney saw more in Farrell's lead into fwd 50. Admittedly it was a tough exercise given how many played well for Port.

Port
5. Willem Drew
4. Mitch Georgeades
3. JHF
2. Houston
1. Butters

Sydney

5. Willem Drew
4. JHF
3. Farrell
2. Butters
1. Wines
In a game that was won by a missed set shot after the siren I would have had:

5- Cripps (by a long way)
4- Pendles
3- Cameron
2- Weitering

Throw a blanket over them for 1

Hill
Moore
Hewett
Naicos
Crisp
E.Hollands
Howe

Once again deflecting. Fly giving Nicky the 5 is as close to a farce as you'll ever get. Reckon that's the 5th or 6th time now he's been nowhere near it and Fly has managed to sneak him in somehow.

Individual coaches votes should be made public to prevent him from further diminishing the integrity of one of the best awards in footy.
Once again deflecting - after you yourself deflected to Michael Voss' playing career which ended in 2006.

"Nowhere near it"

Fly, the AFL and several media sources have no idea, but apparently you do. Forget the fact he was listed as one of the best in every source you can find. All of them are wrong, and you are dead right.

Once again deflecting - after you yourself deflected to Michael Voss' playing career which ended in 2006.

"Nowhere near it"

Fly, the AFL and several media sources have no idea, but apparently you do. Forget the fact he was listed as one of the best in every source you can find. All of them are wrong, and you are dead right.
He was 'one of the best'

He was also nowhere near BOG. Even Pies fans were saying Cripps was BOG by a mile

Voss seriously gave 0 votes to Daicos on Saturday night? This is extremely concerning, and affecting the overall legitimacy of an important award, as he is skewing votes unfairly to favour his own player who is trying to
Daicos was much closer to being BOG than he was not being top 5 on the ground. Voss has seriously missed the mark
Oh my are u serious, as a neutral supporter the last half he was pox. Last 1/4 he was invisible

Oh my HairyO Flybags McRae has done it again hasn't he???

Cripps 9 votes so 5 from Voss and 4 from old Flybagger

Nicky 5 votes from someone and 0 from the other

Coaches award has become a farce with Fly in charge of the Pies
Lol, pot, kettle, black.
Voss the Toss gave Nick 0. Lol

mako_roo

Daicos and Cripps had the same number of effective touches in the last. Cripps turned it over three times to Daicos' once. Cripps' ball winning and creation of opportunities saw him have a great last quarter. Nick cleared him ease over the first three quarters. They weren't that far apart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mako_roo

Daicos and Cripps had the same number of effective touches in the last. Cripps turned it over three times to Daicos' once. Cripps' ball winning and creation of opportunities saw him have a great last quarter. Nick cleared him ease over the first three quarters. They weren't that far apart.
As i said " From a neutral observer ". Diacos's 2nd half was incredibly average. If Daicos had a good last 1/4 Carlton wouldn't have came back so much. He was average bro

As i said " From a neutral observer ". Diacos's 2nd half was incredibly average. If Daicos had a good last 1/4 Carlton wouldn't have came back so much. He was average bro
Good lord

If Carlton were 32 down then obviously Cripps was no good and has no business polling 5 votes from either coach then, by your logic

"From a neutral observer" doesn't mean anything, bro.

Are you serious ??

This is seriously getting embarrassing now Walshy.

Cripps wasn’t a clear BOG, Daicos played a great game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back