Autopsy NM v West Coast - the great choke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst disappointing, some of you are acting as if a win could’ve got us into finals or something. Yes we should have won but we will be better next year no doubt. This year has seen a lot of player development, and whilst it’s been a complete scoreboard write off, we will get another high draft pick and be stronger with another pre-season and starting next year with more experience under these guys’ belts. The tide will turn.

For large portions of most games we are stagnant all over the ground.

Our forward ls rarely lead. And when they do it is often in each others way.

Or they do and create a spare, which our mids don’t use.

Our ball usage forward of centre is atrocious.

Absolutely this.

It’s why being at the game you can observe leading patterns.

Either we have none or that has become a used model.

But watching that last half v Tigers it was helter skelter and obvious when it got to half forward in that last quarter that there was no structure.

And as for Larkey yesterday…example A is J Cameron…gets blanketed move him up the ground…Hawkins…Reiwoldt…us…let him battle on. Just dumb

Whilst disappointing, some of you are acting as if a win could’ve got us into finals or something. Yes we should have won but we will be better next year no doubt. This year has seen a lot of player development, and whilst it’s been a complete scoreboard write off, we will get another high draft pick and be stronger with another pre-season and starting next year with more experience under these guys’ belts. The tide will turn.

True but I’d rather lose by 60 points than lose like that. Nothing has changed since 2014 run of close losses

Absolutely this.

It’s why being at the game you can observe leading patterns.

Either we have none or that has become a used model.

But watching that last half v Tigers it was helter skelter and obvious when it got to half forward in that last quarter that there was no structure.

And as for Larkey yesterday…example A is J Cameron…gets blanketed move him up the ground…Hawkins…Reiwoldt…us…let him battle on. Just dumb
Clarkson may be allergic to making onfield changes in-game.

I am angry but not a “we have no hope angry” but with the fresh mindset of I’ve seen enough of this list and I am ready to go into 2025 knowing which players are good enough to play for this club and the ones who are not.

Greenwood - retire
Taylor - gone
Shiels - gone
Nuyon - gone
Lazzaro - gone
Sellers - gone
Hansen Jr - gone (f*** never seen a player so scared of contact)
Free - gone
CCJ - gone - please pay him out
Stephenson - rookie (can’t rely on him)
Harvey - rookie
Drury - rookie

Now to our captains. McDonald has a deal for 2 years but we need to find a way for him to finish up at the club.

I would also genuinely entertain any serious trade offers for Jy Simpkin.
F*** sentiment and f*** whatever leadership or culture he supposedly has. He has none. I’d take a pick in the 20s if it was available.
I am so done with these liabilities. Enough
Got a weird feeling you wouldn’t have given Larkey a chance and delisted LDU early on.

Also people bitching about Colby doing kickouts are probably the same people who have cried about us being unable to clear our defensive 50 for 15+ years. His elite kicking and speed are a huge help for us back there

I wonder how many Hawks bitched about Luke Hodges first 10 games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See this is the confusing mentality.

Should we only emotionally invest if we're in finals contention?

Didn't the club declare our GC win was great last year because of the morale boost? Clarkson said during the week we want every win we want.

People are entitled to feel flat off this one, a lot of us bought into the thrill of wins for wins sake so a loss stings whether you're playing to go deep in September or just to enjoy the team singing the song.

I thought the 10 or so minutes preceding 3/4 time waa equally, if not more disappointing than the last 2 mins.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
We have no calm heads in the back half that can make good decisions when the opposition get on top in the middle.

It’s why we concede mountain of goals in short periods of time and give up what takes us two quarters of graft to accrue.

It’s a shit show.

We did it in the first WC game and we’re lucky to get a win.

The team has mental fragility unseen in professional sport since Jana Novotna.

Don't think I've ever seen desperate chaos ball fists work to the fistee's team advantage, ever... still can't believe that we weren't trying to tie the game up with stoppages instead. A simple lesson, I guess.

We have no calm heads in the back half that can make good decisions when the opposition get on top in the middle.

It’s why we concede mountain of goals in short periods of time and give up what takes us two quarters of graft to accrue.

It’s a shit show.

We did it in the first WC game and we’re lucky to get a win.

The team has mental fragility unseen in professional sport since Jana Novotna.
The last 90secs was chaos. Obviously which we helped created, but chaos nonetheless.

You could see collective heads drop after McDonald's on the full. That merely took them from 35 down to 29..we knew what was coming...

We play well enough to get ourselves in good positions...maybe we just need one game where we put the opposition to the sward.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I’m giving it next year. If we’re still like this and this time next year people are still trying to say “the tide will turn” - like by some miracle the absolutely diabolical leaders of our team will change their ways - might be time for rugby or soccer full time with a passing interest in this.

tbh I found the second quarter more frustrating than the last 2 minutes. It was unacceptable, but I get how they ****ed it up because they were all rattled by nerves (it doesn't help when we don't have senior players who can calm everyone down because they're shitting themselves as much, if not more than, everyone else). But we dominated the second quarter and any half decent side would've had the game iced going into half time against a spud farm like West Coast. Instead, we kept them in the game by only managing a 22 point lead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy NM v West Coast - the great choke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back