No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lol at Carlton being tough guys in the last two minutes

Did laugh at the guy being tough and then tripping over his own feet to be on his back and pleading Ainsworth to leave him alone lol

Gold Coast putrid - and put my footy tips out :-(
No Gold Coast are a really good side. I was critical of the Dogs when we lost to GCS earlier this year. I said it was a disgrace to lose to such a poor side. I was lambasted ( yes lambasted. Me) for not recognising how good they really are. So by extension, Carlton must be world beaters ( or maybe we did just actually put in a poor performance that day.

No Gold Coast are a really good side. I was critical of the Dogs when we lost to GCS earlier this year. I said it was a disgrace to lose to such a poor side. I was lambasted ( yes lambasted. Me) for not recognising how good they really are. So by extension, Carlton must be world beaters ( or maybe we did just actually put in a poor performance that day.
I must admit, I only saw 5 mins of it when Carlton got on a roll

Two different stories about 2024 fixture dropped this morning:

1st: Gather Round 2024 Dates locked in for round 4 (4-7th April), anyone thinking of attending next year?
2nd: Apparently there will be no marvel stadium games round 1 due to a P!nk concert.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just means we will play away to open the season, no big deal. Wouldn't mind getting one interstate trip out of the way in week one. But could end up at the G instead.

Last edited:
Sicily 3-game ban upheld.

The game is beyond broken and the earliest these cowards will try to fix it will be after the season is over. What a disgraceful decision

Run Home: Every AFL club’s last 10 weeks, final predicted ladder​

Which teams look most vulnerable of dropping out of the eight and which sides are poised to jump in? We have predicted every result through to the end of the year.

Chris Cavanagh

7. WESTERN BULLDOGS

Played: 14, Won: 8, Lost: 6, Points: 32, Percentage: 102.9

R15: Bye

R16: Fremantle, Marvel (W)

R17: Collingwood, Marvel (L)

R18: Sydney, SCG (W)

R19: Essendon, Marvel (L)

R20: GWS Giants, Mars (W)

R21: Richmond, Marvel (L)

R22: Hawthorn, UTAS (W)

R23: West Coast, Marvel (W)

R24: Geelong, GMHBA (L)

Predicted Finish: 7th (13-10)

The Bulldogs should get to September, but will they merely be making up the numbers if they do? Luke Beveridge’s side has lost three of its past four matches and its record against the competition’s better teams is not good. From six games against fellow current top-eight teams this season, the Bulldogs have gone 2-4. The good news is there are only two games against current top-eight teams to come – against Collingwood and Essendon. However, matches against Richmond and Geelong won’t be easy, either.

The Western Bulldogs aren’t beating the better teams. Picture: Michael Klein.

Which teams look most vulnerable of dropping out of the eight and which sides are poised to jump in? We have predicted every result through to the end of the year.

Chris Cavanagh

7. WESTERN BULLDOGS

The Bulldogs should get to September, but will they merely be making up the numbers if they do? Luke Beveridge’s side has lost three of its past four matches and its record against the competition’s better teams is not good. From six games against fellow current top-eight teams this season, the Bulldogs have gone 2-4. The good news is there are only two games against current top-eight teams to come – against Collingwood and Essendon. However, matches against Richmond and Geelong won’t be easy, either.

We really should beat Essendon and Richmond, but if we do, you know we'll drop game/s we are expected to win. Our current injuries to Jones, Richards and JJ don't help.
7th seems about right - but I wouldn't be surprised if we finish one or 2 higher. Or, just as likely 1 or 2 lower. I'm expecting a 6-10 finish.
Optimistic me hopes for 6, pessimistic me worries 9 or 10 would not bode well for who stays/goes on and off field.

Chris Cavanagh

7. WESTERN BULLDOGS

I think us finishing 5-4 from here is about right, but I'm sure it won't be those five games we win.

Probably knock off Collingwood and lose to Hawthorn.

We are lucky we have the bye and than the Dockers/Pies/Swans who don't exactly have imposing key forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back