No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I pray we'll get a coach like McRae one day. Someone that just gets it.

I pray that we'll actually put together a coaching line up that recognises the value of AFL senior coaching experience and is full of coaches that are winners.
The strange thing is McRae 2022/23 is so comparable to Beverage 2015/16.

Hopefully we just get things right around him and he refinds his mojo.

One thing that stood out to me today was Coleman going long into the centre of the ground with a couple of minutes to go. Resulted in a quick goal and is the play that 17 clubs would risk in that circumstance.

Stood out to me because we would likely go down the line, end up in a series of stoppages and waste time off the clock.

Sorry mate we've been in this position. Tim English took the kick out and went long down the line to Bailey Dale 🤣🤣🤣

Reasons to be cheerful

Josh Dunkley won a premiership at the Bulldogs and has some key advice for Lions teammates​

‘Use that energy’: Key Grand Final message from Josh Dunkley — Brisbane’s sole flag winner​

OIP.UvY_LKkduQgVCwAkwLeTOQHaEK

And this gem, copied directly from Brisbane's facebook page:

Dunkley Ready To Use His Strenghts​

Josh Dunkley is preparing to shut down either Jordan De Goey or Nick Daicos on Saturday, saying he's done homework on "four or five" Magpies.
Pies Strenghts >> Brisvegas Strenghts

Looking at the stats again and the Lions midfield really didn't fire outside of McLuggage. Also paying 800k to "restrict" the opponents matchwinner to 18 touches, 2 goals and six score involvements doesn't seem worth the money.

Lions are honestly kinda lucky that Collingwood were very inaccurate going forward while the Lions themselves were very efficient in the forward half.

Sorry mate we've been in this position. Tim English took the kick out and went long down the line to Bailey Dale 🤣🤣🤣

We are getting there remain positive hang in there.

Dale ran too far in a kick out situation couple weeks prior to Hawks game in similar circumstances.
Small steps we take as English eventually kicked the ball so I’m guessing it’s a WIP.

"Football's favorite families", lol, since when?

In one corner sat the Dunkleys – star midfielder Josh who was flanked by his mum Lisa, his dad Andrew, his brother Kyle and his girlfriend Tippah.

It was hard to watch for one of football’s favourite families.

In one corner sat the Dunkleys – star midfielder Josh who was flanked by his mum Lisa, his dad Andrew, his brother Kyle and his girlfriend Tippah.

They should have their own reality TV series: Dunk Dynasty

The poms would call them “a bunch of Plonkers” 😂

I believe I am correct in these two assessments.
1. Naughton and JUH. >>>>>>> than Mihocheck and Frampton
2. English and Lobb >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cameron and the Texan.

And yet they win the flag and we don’t even make finals. We are doing something else seriously wrong
I agree you’re correct but have picked out the four positions we’re superior whereas the other 18 players on the field are even or Pies have far better players.

Pies small forwards, wings and entire defensive line absolute blitz ours without even thinking of the contrasting expertise of the pies’ line coaches.

We are just so far off it’s not funny

I believe I am correct in these two assessments.
1. Naughton and JUH. >>>>>>> than Mihocheck and Frampton
2. English and Lobb >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cameron and the Texan.

And yet they win the flag and we don’t even make finals. We are doing something else seriously wrong

Gardner & Keath >>>>>>> Moore & Murphy
Poulter & Baker >>>>>>> the Brothers Daicos
Scott & McNeil >>>>>>> Hill & Elliot

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

No doubt Dad there giving advice on what should have been done and how Josh could've won it off his own boot if given the chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone sort of feel sorry for Bucks?

One of the Pies' greatest ever players. Never played in or coached a premiership.

Made consecutive grand finals as a player. Easily could have won it in 2002.

2007 they were a kick away from a GF. That was Bucks' last ever game. They would have beaten PA in the GF had they beaten the Cats.

Bucks then retires and three years later they win the flag.

Bucks then coaches Collingwood to a gut wrenching GF loss. Three years later he is sacked. Two years later they win the GF with some foundation he created.

Yes, he left Brisbane after his first year. They went on to win three in a row, two against him. That's on him for leaving so for that element I don't feel sorry for him.

One of the Pies' greatest ever players. Never played in or coached a premiership.

2007 they were a kick away from a GF. That was Bucks' last ever game. They would have beaten PA in the GF had they beaten the Cats.

Bucks then coaches Collingwood to a gut wrenching GF loss. Three years later he is sacked. Two years later they win the GF with some foundation he created.

Yes, he left Brisbane after his first year. They went on to win three in a row, two against him. That's on him for leaving so for that element I don't feel sorry for him.
Kind of. There are definitely many similar stories, starting with Murphy, Wallis and Jong. So many others across the league.

And then there are the Hamlings, the Roberts, the Biggs, that fluked into a premiership side, having only middling talent.

No.

No way, he was the original mercenary, only playing the game for money. Prior to the draft he told all clubs that he only wanted to play for Collingwood and when the Bears picked him up he did the minimum term and walked out to Collingwood, let him live with the knowledge that he will never get a premiership.

No.

I don't mind Bucks but maybe all that you've described points to the fact that he wasn't the answer after all, and as coach was never going to be.

I feel sadder for Bevo, post 2016.

Not really, because probably the main reason they won this flag is that they got rid of Bucks and had a coaching/gameplan refresh and picked the right guy. Plus at least a couple of the players who played in the GF, including the NS medalist, likely wouldn't get a game under Buckley even if he had been there when they were drafted or recruited.

Just watching a few highlights from the weekend and noticed who was the defensive midfielder lining up on De Goey at the centre bounce 10 seconds before he got free and kicked the goal that put them in front with a few minutes to go. Interesting. The kind of thing that can haunt a player.

Screenshot_20231002_144721_X.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back