MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's 2013, I think we made it.

This is the general discussion thread for all things AFL other than our immortal club. Whether it be observations or opinions about other clubs, players or anything you see related feel free to post it here.

Opposition posters be warned, this thread is for MFC posters only.

I think Richmond will finish 6th-7th

This does shit me considering we were meant to be 2 years ahead but that's more our bad than anyone else's.

Chaplin was a major get for them. Their other acquisitions not so much. They should be knocking on the door of finals for sure in 2013 but some clubs just find a way...

I think Richmond will finish 6th-7th

This does shit me considering we were meant to be 2 years ahead but that's more our bad than anyone else's.
It's gonna be interesting. There's also Brisbane and Carlton who realistically you could toss in the mix as legitimate finals chances.

One thing where Richmond have done some fantastic work (and well-documented) is their depth. I did worry that when they pushed up the ladder they'd be St Kilda-esque in having a top line of players that were probably better than anyone else's but their bottom six would put them behind. They've fixed that, though...

It's gonna be interesting. There's also Brisbane and Carlton who realistically you could toss in the mix as legitimate finals chances.

One thing where Richmond have done some fantastic work (and well-documented) is their depth. I did worry that when they pushed up the ladder they'd be St Kilda-esque in having a top line of players that were probably better than anyone else's but their bottom six would put them behind. They've fixed that, though...

So they don't have King or Nahas anymore???

So they don't have King or Nahas anymore???
I like 'em both.

More along the lines of Dea, White, Helbig, Conca, Astbury, McGuane - all of these players improved throughout 2012 (as did King and Nahas) or are likely being phased out by the likes of Knights and Chaplin.

Looking through St Kilda's finals side and spotting the likes of Eddy, McQualter, Peake, Clarke, Koschitzke - I can't do that with Hawthorn or Sydney or Collingwood and it's more difficult to do with Richmond than when I first mentioned it elsewhere at the start of last season.

The only football I care about that isn't Melbourne-related is the NFL.

Fancy your chances against RGIII and the Redskins on Monday?

I'm tipping the Seahawks in this one even if it is in Washington. I just think that sooner or later RGIII's luck has to wear off.

Ok, just to clarify, this is for AFL discussion only - I've updated the OP.

Most boards have a single thread dedicated to AFL discussion outside their own club and this thread is no different. Any NFL discussion or other football code discussion can take place on the Hell sub-board.

Cheers guys.

Most boards have a single thread dedicated to AFL discussion outside their own club and this thread is no different. Any NFL discussion or other football code discussion can take place on the Hell sub-board.

Cheers guys.

Sorry RB :thumbsu:

haha, no need to apologise mate, this is BF. :thumbsu: We don't treat things that seriously here unlike some other Dees forums. :)

On another note it will be fun to post in here during the season as some of our ex-players spud it up at other clubs.

haha, no need to apologise mate, this is BF. :thumbsu: We don't treat things that seriously here unlike some other Dees forums. :)

On another note it will be fun to post in here during the season as some of our ex-players spud it up at other clubs.

Haha me too, mate but knowing this clubs luck, Cale will have his break out season in 2013 and go on to win the Brownlow for WCE lol

Cheers guys.
Anything to get Hell more active... :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha me too, mate but knowing this clubs luck, Cale will have his break out season in 2013 and go on to win the Brownlow for WCE lol
He'll have more space over at Subi to run away from the bullies of the comp we know that much.

But seriously if he has a big year I'm officially giving up footy and moving to some obscure eastern bloc country.

All I want to add at the moment is that I hope we can somehow finish above Richmond or, at the very least, Richmond finish 9th. God I hate those pricks.

Fancy your chances against RGIII and the Redskins on Monday?

I'm tipping the Seahawks in this one even if it is in Washington. I just think that sooner or later RGIII's luck has to wear off.
RE, RG3 and the 'Skins should be pretty efficient in dispatching Seattle here IMO.

(Edit) Sorry RandB...

dsc0039cy.jpg

dat bulk

I cannot fathom what Anthony Morabito has gone through. A third knee reco and he's not even 21... I don't think. I really feel sorry for the young bloke.
Just read a report then, I was saying today at lunch that 2013 could really be a big year for him, seemed to be really lively at training too. Really sad for the bloke.

If Nick Maxwell isn't the captain... what's he doing on their list?

Certainly not a world beater, but plays the third defender/mopping up role well. Collingwoods defence have been ordinary when separated, and I think he organises and almost coaches them in play. I think he'd hold his spot.

If you understood the rules, and saw the Broncos/Ravens game, you would realise how spectacularly incorrect you are.

I understand the rules. Make a play, Play finishes within 10 sec and then go to an ad break. Rinse and repeat.

Sissy's version of rugby but with more glitz to make it entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back