Sweet/visentini
Mcentee (barely sanfl level)
Evans (dont make me laugh)
Esava lol
Zerk-battler but is outsized and outqualitied
Lachie jones
Burton

Is a terrible bottom 6/7.

Plus they will probably bring narkle back for farrell (another player who isnt good enough narkle) and kenny is probably too in love with dixon to cut the cord and will play him even though hes a liability.

If we can stop their young midfield stars we will win this comfortably.

Need huge games from danger and bowes.
Thats the best/winning post of the day or the weekend i reckon hands down

Carlton supporters would have been better going for a Sunday picnic , come home look up the scores , alls good we are still in the 8 , instead of putting themselves through utter hell

Blues will have some nice players coming back for their 1st final

I think the Port - Freo game was very average skill wise , thus if the Cats can play 4 qtrs i think they can win

I think the inclusion of Mannagh and hopefully Humphries will be an improvement since we last faced one another.

Also, Stanley played arguably the worst game of his career and is actually coming into finals in decent form.

They were missing Rozee while we were missing Bruhn, Bowes and Dangerfield.

Jhf is a frontrunner if they are dominating he will look a million bucks but he isnt the guy to pull it out of the fire when they arent. Butters rozee and wines are.
Look their stars are great but the problem has always been their bottom 6.

Kenny sold it to them that trading out duursma and bzt and sav in would improve it but it hasnt. This has been the reason they dont win flags and it will be the same this year.
Put it thus way if its close in the last qtr we will win because we have far less dumbfootballers than they do.

Our job is to not get jumped at the start (which happened last time) but if we stop that we will win.
they have been in one GF since 04, and had to face our awesome 07 team- this year, there is no team anywhere near where we were

Freo were absolutely putrid, couldn't pick up the ball cleanly even when they had a step on their opponents and their execution into the F50 was lamentable.

In saying that, we shouldn't have been in a position to be relying on a Freo win; our fate was in our own hands last week and we muffed our lines.

That's ok - it's a tough gig winning against Port over there, we know exactly what it's like to be mugged over there in a Final, so we should be under no illusions as to what is required to win.

Won't be easy, far from impossible.

Thats the best/winning post of the day or the weekend i reckon hands down

I agree. Dont get me wrong their stars are amazing-rozee butters wines and rioli are as good as any in the comp plus jhf and mitch g.
But their bottom 6 is absolutely terrible which is why they keep topping up as they dont have the young talent beneath that (hint look at their sanfl side). They play well on emotion so if we let them get on top it will be hard but tactically ken doesnt have many options he can pull to change the game if we are leading. We have more options because our bottom 6 is better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other big out is Dan Houston.
He had 24 touches and 7 rebounds against us.

I think Dogs are one team that will trouble Hawks week 1

Potentially because they can get hawks one weakness-key defenders.
But hawthorn are in such good form and the dogs are a yo-yo-i would back the hawks. But its hard to know who the bye suits.

Tough selection calls coming up on Rohan, Duncan and maybe Tuohy.

Rohan - misses
Duncan - plays
Tuohy - sub with SDK taking his spot in the 22

IMO.

Same here.
Sdk in bews out.
Tuohy sub.

For some reason i am less worried about this one than i was the last time we played them over there in a final. Which was confirmed by watching them today.

I think you will see a very different geelong in the QF.
Stewart?
Humphries?

Duncan?
Rohan?
Tuohy?

OH is not going anywhere.

I agree. Dont get me wrong their stars are amazing-rozee butters wines and rioli are as good as any in the comp plus jhf and mitch g.
But their bottom 6 is absolutely terrible which is why they keep topping up as they dont have the young talent beneath that (hint look at their sanfl side). They play well on emotion so if we let them get on top it will be hard but tactically ken doesnt have many options he can pull to change the game if we are leading. We have more options because our bottom 6 is better.

The 1st qtr of that game today i thought was good but then that game was abysmal for the final 3 qtrs

Pus you have to factor in , Houston who is in their best team is suspended , and the guy who did his hamstring hes got a real turn of foot , so he will be a big out for them as well

I think the inclusion of Mannagh and hopefully Humphries will be an improvement since we last faced one another.

Also, Stanley played arguably the worst game of his career and is actually coming into finals in decent form.

They were missing Rozee while we were missing Bruhn, Bowes and Dangerfield.
It’s in Adelaide this time. Don’t underestimate a hostile finals crowd.

Potentially because they can get hawks one weakness-key defenders.
But hawthorn are in such good form and the dogs are a yo-yo-i would back the hawks. But its hard to know who the bye suits.
Beating GWS is big, but GWS are probably rapt to get Swans in Sydney, so who knows what their incentive was today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back