Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

De Koning is killing them
Someone on the main board during the week said they were hoping TDK would miss and if you look at his form for the weeks before he got injured he was absolutely unplayable.

If the Blues lose the decision to start him as sub might go down as the worst coaching call of all time. The game flipped the instant he came on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon you're right.

They better jab him up good, because they're really going to need him to step up.

catempire is very confident that Port will beat Port, and as much as I want to believe I'm not so sure.....even less so if Butters can't play to his ability.

Edit: Port will beat Hawthorn

Knowing they had the second chance whether that be the semifinal or a week off ahead of a prelim - one surely has to ask that if Butters went into the game not quite right if it was the smart move versus the opportunity to give him an additional 1 or 2 weeks off instead

I look at how our group handled the Stewart situation - no doubt we're better with him in the team, and whether it was his hamstring not 100% or illness, they had the guts & courage to withdraw him and back in a 16 gamer to play his own role within the team, while others stepped up to cover Stewart's absence

We could have easily played Stewart, but if he wasn't quite right and he aggravated something, it most likely means his season done

So, if Butters did go into the match not quite right, did Hinkley just not trust the next man in line to play his role & others to step up, or what he arrogant enough to think that they could play an injured player and not be negatively impacted?

I expect they'll roll Butters out against next match, but wonder how much more influential he would be if he had a double week off to start the finals instead

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back