Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really care about names, we have like two maybe three names that could win us a game. It is structure and unique teamwide attributes and efforts that got us to 3rd.

If first and 2nd line pressure at the contests is good, we'll get the ball on the outside on our terms and move the ball better.

You talk up Geelongs upcoming opponent on a weekly basis like they are the best team since Collingwoods 4 flags in a row record winning " Machine " team of the 1920s

The facts however , all 8 teams who have qualified for the finals this year are Average , and all 8 teams have holes in their side thus they are beatable
Their MF is elite
They have a great HGA.
That is it
IF we have a healthy list, IF, we can pull off an upset win, and with that a prelim at the G, and a big chance of a flag.
IF we get done by Port, I suspect straight sets this year, as both Hawks and Dogs are in great form.
But as we have seen in many other years, the top 4 generally end up being in the prelims, so who knows..? I don't.

Its a few year back , but who played on Charlie Cameron in those finals , especially the ones at the Gabba

Like Cameron then was a pretty dangerous/explosive opponent , did Bews play on him , whoever it was they did a good job
7 years ago, at AO, irrelevant now. And CC killed us that night.
In the Lions prelim game in the 2020 series, Bewsy was good. Still 4 years ago.

Sweet/visentini
Mcentee (barely sanfl level)
Evans (dont make me laugh)
Esava lol
Zerk-battler but is outsized and outqualitied
Lachie jones
Burton

Is a terrible bottom 6/7.

Plus they will probably bring narkle back for farrell (another player who isnt good enough narkle) and kenny is probably too in love with dixon to cut the cord and will play him even though hes a liability.

If we can stop their young midfield stars we will win this comfortably.

Need huge games from danger and bowes.
I love the confidence but their midfield has probably 3-4 players better than our best mid.

Yes we have a much better bottom 6 but we are going to be asking a lot of our players just to prevent clean entries.

Not supreme, but reality-
-they beat us in Geelong
-they smashed Swans by a record margin
-they finished #2
-they have a home final at a venue where we are underdogs and have a 0-4 record.

1. By 6 points in our "down" period
2. Swans have been up and down
3. By 40~ points across the season - 2%
4. Every game played at a "hoodoo" is one game closer to breaking it.

We'll give it a red hot crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoying this pre-finals chat. Pumped for our club to be here for another finals tilt. Very interested in who the last couple of selections will be in the final team against Port. Sadly, we may see some really hard calls made on established veterans. As green as he is, recent indications suggest the match committee rate Mullin more highly than perhaps some on this forum. Expecting him to come in for a lock down role or perhaps as the sub again against Port

I love the confidence but their midfield has probably 3-4 players better than our best mid.

Yes we have a much better bottom 6 but we are going to be asking a lot of our players just to prevent clean entries.

Yes and this is why danger bruhn and stewart at stoppages (none played mid last time vs port) will be crucial.

But you cant tell me our bottom 6 of
Stanley
Humphries
Mannagh
Neale
Tuohy
And probably bowes/duncan

(Mannagh is top 12 on form hes just bottom 6 on seniority)

Isnt miles better than
Port ruck
Mcentee
Esava
Zerk
Burton
Jones
Evans

If ever theres a coach to tactically try to exploit that its ours.

Pretty crazy AFL saying they’ll have give us dates and times tomorrow morning while Sportsbet have had it up for an hour already.
Sportsbet didn’t leak anything. They just need a best guess so that they can get the odds up early and rake more cash in.

As soon as media started reporting rumours, they changed the times to match. They dont know anymore than you do

I actually think of defence and forward is better than Ports

Port have easily the weakest fwd line and defence of the top 4 teams. People are just getting spooked because of their A grade midfield (which i can partly understand).

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back