Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm told the Hawthorn board is very confident, and that Day's absence doesn't overly concern them.

Apparently they've got him covered, and the ground suits them better.

I really want to see them lose.

Day's absence shouldn't hurt them too much on the field but it's more about the midfield rotations and how they give Newcombe his rest at later stages of the quarter.

Richards has been a revelation since going into the middle and then you have Libba who will absolutely thrive in this contest. 10+ tackles on the cards.

Yeah but we're not looking for cash settlements, he'd just be looking for breach of duty of care to void a contract. I think that would have a low hurdle surely. If you change tthe setting from football to working in any other environment then it's pretty straightforward from what I see.

Not a lawyer so any lawyers feel free to chime in.
Massive risk to Petracca to go this way
May end up missing out on millions

Currently he has a contract for 5 more years a 1 million + which has to be honoured

Not sure any club would offer him that at the moment with his condition

Currently he has a contract for 5 more years a 1 million + which has to be honoured

This is one of those (sadly - many) cases where you have to mitigate health vs the $.

He has not handled this well at all but IMO (BTW I am also not a lawyer) the Dees have cocked up his injury and the off-field stuff SO badly, he has a strong case.

Last edited:
This is one of those (sadly - many) cases where you have to mitigate health vs the $.

He has not handled this well at all but IMO (BTW I am also not a lawyer) the Dees have cocked his injury and the off-field stuff SO badly, he has a strong case.
The AFL will step in and tell the Dess to release him and sort their shit out they have done it before with them

Sure they would.

The question I ask now is... If the contract becomes void, does Trac become a delisted free agent or an unrestricted free agent or a restricted free agent or would he be required to go into the draft?

What happens, what does he become if the contract is made void?

It makes a massive difference for what it takes for new clubs to acquire him and what they would pay him.

It also makes a difference to how the Dees deal with trading him depending on worst-case scenario outcomes.

But clubs will offer Trac 1 million every day of the week.

Last edited:
Sure they would.

The question I ask now is... If the contract becomes void, does Trac become a delisted free agent or an unrestricted free agent or a restricted free agent or would he be required to go into the draft?

It makes a massive difference for what it takes for new clubs to acquire him and what they would pay him.

It also makes a difference to how the Dees deal with trading him depending on worst-case scenario outcomes.

Sounds like he needs to be looking a bit more at a map of Tassie.

For his new club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah they would. We would. I don't think he risks anything and Melbourne can lose everything. The only risk is that he misses next year due to the time it takes to run through the courts and I think the reality is that if the court case is even initiated then mfc has already lost everything.

Sure they would.

Unprecedented but I can't see the afl making him go through the draft when he's already lawyering up

Unprecedented but I can't see the afl making him go through the draft when he's already lawyering up
Neither do I.. but that is still only ticking off one possibility.

Anyway, It seems the fun is over and he is staying at the Dees.

Still think something else will happen at the Dees come trade period.

Blow the place up.

Neither do I.. but that is still only ticking off one possibility.

Anyway, It seems the fun is over and he is staying at the Dees.

Still think something else will happen at the Dees come trade period.

Blow the place up.

They wont do anything this period bc guys like trac and oliver are on too big contracts to feasibly move. But i imagine some of the coaches and people on the board will get moved on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back