Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon the intrusion , I'm only really responding to some comments re us as I've normally had good experiences on the few times I've ventured onto your board .
It's good to have some decent measured footy chat even if we dislike each other but I think in general the respect is there.

I thought you were tremendous Thursday but I wasn't surprised at all . Brilliant coaching and execution against a flakey opponent. It was a brutal performance.

With us , I get how people dislike the hokball , celebration stuff . I did , but my kids love it and if it gets more people following the game, why not .
I would say in our defence the guys have been doing that all the way out. And it takes a bit if guts to do it and put yourself on the line in a final , then back it up.

We play a very hard running and working game that i think really can get overlooked. We have a lot of excellent runners who have quickly become good players ( some even better ) at afl level .
Most , I don't think oppo supporters really know about which is fair.
It can be real heart in mouth stuff but most teams simple cannot run with us or want too . Clearly you guys we able to no problems last time.

Anyway your my tip to win it , whether we get there who knows . You might get a tougher game against us from now then the past 5 years or so .
Good luck 👍

Our 84 points looking in trouble for biggest margin of the week
Considering how good Hoks looked the other night, and how well the Brions have started, its why winning those QFs was absolutely crucial.
GWS had a hard contest that they lost, and likely will welcome a Brisbane team who got a week off and then a televised training drill against navy blue cones.

This is giving me Geelong vs. Collingwood 2022 vibes. Inspiring narrow win in tense Qualifying Final classic that sets the winners on their way to the premiership. Hopefully that isn't the case and the only real parallel to 2022 is the "Geelong flag" part of that year. 🤞
We never played as trash as Sydney did in the first half in that QF so that's something. Also hopefully we can trigger some grand final ptsd. 🤷

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, Carlton could upset Brisbane and **** up everything I just wrote, hence why its an example, but I think Brisbane will torch Carlton by 50+ and then Brisbane can rest and rotate ahead of a knock out final against a GWS that had an insane final for 4 quarters.

So far........Definitely a Nostradamus amongst us. Lotto numbers please. :)

Blues look mentally shot and scarred. I wonder what has caused the huge turn around in form for practically all teams vying for a finals spot at some point during this season.

Oh well at least Brisbane will be fresh, fit and ready for the Giants for their semi. That should offset some of the disadvantage of traveling to Sydney. Then hopefully the game is a bloodbath, softening who ever comes out the victor for the Prelim against Geelong.

So let me get this straight... Carlton have played with 2 key forwards all season when they have been at their best, they have McKay back into the team, and TDK who can play as a ruck/FWD with Pittonet in the ruck to ease him back in. This would then allow them to have a mid or someone with footspeed as the sub against a quick Brisbane team.

Instead Vossy puts the ruck/fwd as the sub, who even if he comes on theres no way for the ball to get to him.

Wouldnt it have been smarter to sit him at FF and bring him off if he struggles?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back