Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So they should. Should not be worth a week, and certainly should still be eligible for the Brownlow. The vision shows Webster stumbling a little as Heeney swings his arm backwards, accidental contact to the nose which was lower than could have been anticipated.

I recall a similar but much more severe incident where GAS hit a tagging Kristian Bardsley, who was the epitome of a shortarse, and got him in the face, without looking. Ablett got many weeks, and this time proclaimed his innocence; previously he had dobbed himself in when he hit a scragging Gary Lyon. Tribunal ignored his pleas.

Yesterday's (Wed's) Western Australian

Then the realisation hit that it wasn't very popular and they likely ****ed up - so here's today's paper

Who went into bigger damage control - the paper or the club?

Yesterday's (Wed's) Western Australian

Then the realisation hit that it wasn't very popular and they likely ****ed up - so here's today's paper

Who went into bigger damage control - the paper or the club?

****ing cowards, it took everyone [even Robbo on 360] absolutely hammering them before they came out with this.

Trash paper, trash journalism, get in the fookin' bin.

Definitely been interesting seeing the whole thing unfold with Simmo over in WA.

I guess it drills home that no coach really knows how they'll handle a total rebuild until that is thrust upon them. It makes you wonder how someone like Scotty would fare with a totally decimated list and starting again from scratch. Can't be much fun. Most of the teams who've gone down that path have been utter shit for a long period of time. (Norf, WC, StK, etc)

I think the rebuild should not be taken lightly, anywhere. Young players really suffer and stay in the doldrums when they don't have guidance and role models to shepherd them through the trenches in the early days. It doesn't seem fixable until you get some absolute beast kids who can take the mantle and act / play like 27-year-olds. (Players like Sheezel, Selwood, Reid etc)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmo has been poor of late no doubt but he's also been putting in like every coach does.

The WA paper editor who allowed the loss record page with See ya Simmo needs to be booted.

Shit bloke. I know it just his job but its a sad state of affairs when the accepted narrative is to lay the boots in that hard for a bloke who won a flag 6 years ago and just lost his gig.

i know... get with the times Daz.... just seems low rent and bottom feeder bullshit from another keyboard warrior who cant do it himself so he sits and judges others that try.

Report that facts but have some class.

GO Catters

Simmo has been poor of late no doubt but he's also been putting in like every coach does.

The WA paper editor who allowed the loss record page with See ya Simmo needs to be booted.

Shit bloke. I know it just his job but its a sad state of affairs when the accepted narrative is to lay the boots in that hard for a bloke who won a flag 6 years ago and just lost his gig.

i know... get with the times Daz.... just seems low rent and bottom feeder bullshit from another keyboard warrior who cant do it himself so he sits and judges others that try.

GO Catters
It's what happens when footy fans control media outlets.

Just unprofessional

My guess it was the club and the public pressure that turned out that backpeddling front page switch of the narrative , best guess moving forward is a very strained relationship with the club and very limited access in the future. I would be very reluctant to work with the paper after that hit piece it was unnecessary for someone who has just lost their job.

The rhetoric Collingwood fans spew out around Billy Frampton of 'we won the grand final so he was good actually' is so ridiculous. He got his ass handed to him all day.

That's like me saying 'that parking fine I got helped me replace my old car with a new one'. You were able to buy despite the parking fine.

OK rant over lol

The rhetoric Collingwood fans spew out around Billy Frampton of 'we won the grand final so he was good actually' is so ridiculous. He got his ass handed to him all day.

That's like me saying 'that parking fine I got helped me replace my old car with a new one'. You were able to buy despite the parking fine.

OK rant over lol

He’s my inspiration in life…

* Fail at not 1 but 2 clubs because of how average you are even with that height and athleticism

* Get picked up for scraps by a good side, get to play in a Grand Final purely because of injuries to guys in your position, tag an opposition AA level talent because you have no effect yourself on the game.

* Let that guy still play a great game, still get outclassed all day then after all that STILL getting to walk away with a Premiership medal and your name in the history books.

Sounds like a sweet gig to me? Being such a pleb that gets carried to victory lol

* Fail at not 1 but 2 clubs because of how average you are even with that height and athleticism

* Get picked up for scraps by a good side, get to play in a Grand Final purely because of injuries to guys in your position, tag an opposition AA level talent because you have no effect yourself on the game.

* Let that guy still play a great game, still get outclassed all day then after all that STILL getting to walk away with a Premiership medal and your name in the history books.

Sounds like a sweet gig to me? Being such a pleb that gets carried to victory lol
Also carried on on the dais with a complete lack of self-awareness or humility.
Should have got up collected his medal and got off, knowing he was fortunate to be there only because of injury to a team mate.

I don't get to use this word often, but what a gormless individual.

He's basically the Eritrean troop commitment to the invasion of Iraq.

GO Catters
If the same thing happened at Geelong and Scott was fired tomorrow the local rags would have images of 2011/2022 on it, WA journalism is an absolute toxic shithole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back