Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it could have caused injury.

It was a half-hearted attempt.

Stupid not dangerous. 1 week is fine.

I think it could've easily taken the player out of the game of it had connected in the right spot.

The guy was oblivious to the attempt, had his back to Rosa, and was completely defenseless and vulnerable.

Contact in the right spot behind the ear could've dropped him.

Was stupid, deliberate, and the sort of grubby act that needs to be stomped on.

I think it could've easily taken the player out of the game of it had connected in the right spot.

The guy was oblivious to the attempt, had his back to Rosa, and was completely defenseless and vulnerable.

Contact in the right spot behind the ear could've dropped him.

Was stupid, deliberate, and the sort of grubby act that needs to be stomped on.
Additionally, there's a reason elbowing is kept out of a lot fight sports, right?

And Bedford will also miss 3 weeks - after the first two appeals tonight, it's pretty clear that if you tackle & you're opponent is concussed, you'll be spending time on the sidelines

Yeah but what if you're attempting to spoil? /s

Kinda weird the player who concussed Naughton didn't get cited, in hindsight.

Wasn't a tackle, but kinda similar to Heeney with a worse outcome (if you consider Heeney's contact to be accidental)

And Bedford will also miss 3 weeks - after the first two appeals tonight, it's pretty clear that if you tackle & you're opponent is concussed, you'll be spending time on the sidelines

The Bedford one is a little unlucky to get the same 3 weeks that Cameron got as i don't think his was anywhere near as bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reasons:

We find that this tackle was rough conduct. A reasonable player in Bedford’s circumstances would have realised that by leaping at Taranto in the way that he did from behind, he was likely to drive him into the ground.

A reasonable player would have realised Taranto was in a vulnerable position and was being driven into the ground with force, and that Toronto's head may well hit the ground with force.

A reasonable player would have released at least one of Taronto's arms to enable him to attempt to brace for impact.

We find that this may well have meaningfully reduced the impact. As it was, the impact was severe.

The Bedford one is a little unlucky to get the same 3 weeks that Cameron got as i don't think his was anywhere near as bad.
There was nothing wrong with Cameron's either. AFL360 was right, Duggan is dragging Cameron down trying to evade the tackle.

Buckley was right last night. We now watch as sport where you can't win a contest by too much

There was nothing wrong with Cameron's either. AFL360 was right, Duggan is dragging Cameron down trying to evade the tackle.

Buckley was right last night. We now watch as sport where you can't win a contest by too much

I don't see how a guy holding the ball to his chest with both arms - as he's tackled front on and driven backwards by a guy bear hugging him - has the ability to grab hold of his tackler and then pull him to the ground.

I don't see any of that in the Cameron incident.

Cameron successfully wrapped him up, but then chose to continue on until he took the guy to ground.

I don't see how a guy holding the ball to his chest with both arms - as he's tackled front on and driven backwards by a guy bear hugging him - has the ability to grab hold of his tackler and then pull him to the ground.

I don't see any of that in the Cameron incident.

Cameron successfully wrapped him up, but then chose to continue on until he took the guy to ground.
Mate, venture on the tribunal forum.
You'll find your view is in the minority. And the thing about the tribunal is when fans from all clubs set aside their biases and agree in this fashion it means an injustice is occurring.

Most are at the view this is 2/2 shit decisions tonight.
There is nothing wrong with that tackle.

What is wrong is the AFL are trying to outlaw the tackle.

Mate, venture on the tribunal forum.
You'll find your view is in the minority. And the thing about the tribunal is when fans from all clubs set aside their biases and agree in this fashion it means an injustice is occurring.

Most are at the view this is 2/2 shit decisions tonight.
There is nothing wrong with that tackle.

What is wrong is the AFL are trying to outlaw the tackle.

I don't venture onto other forums.

My view may be in the minority, but it's mine.

I don't disagree with Cameron's suspension at all. Everyone is well aware of concussion and their duty of care, and in this instance, imo, Cameron ignored it when he had a clear option to stop his momentum and hold the player without taking him to ground.

Happy to agree to disagree on this one.

I might also be in the minority in saying Rosa should be suspended. Grub act, and should be dealt with accordingly.

Agreed there's been an injustice there.

Lot of guys seem to be getting concussed from heads hitting the ground. Surely the firm and dry surfaces that the big stadiums have is contributing to this. Years back before small fortunes were spent on drainage, grounds got soft and even muddy, probably enough give in the surface that at least some of the concussions would have been avoided. In order for a "better spectacle" have we made the grounds too firm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back