Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the statement game from the Scrays ( as in we can win the premiership no problem whatsoever )

They beat the Navy Blues , but Carlton hate Docklands

They annihilated Geel , but the Cats have put in 3-4 absolute insipid absolute pathetic performances at KP

Today its a nice firm track at the SCG , and the Swans right from the word go have not been able to handle the Bulldogs pressure , end of story

Pretty sure I read during the week that it was still mathematically possible for Sydney to miss the finals
Haha I don't know if I said it here, but I put it on a few sites and was told it couldn't mathematically happen and yet...

Still many ways the Swans can miss the finals :sweatsmile:

1722153368714.png

This is the statement game from the Scrays ( as in we can win the premiership no problem whatsoever )

They beat the Navy Blues , but Carlton hate Docklands

They annihilated Geel , but the Cats have put in 3-4 absolute insipid absolute pathetic performances at KP

Today its a nice firm track at the SCG , and the Swans right from the word go have not been able to handle the Bulldogs pressure , end of story
Swans have injuries, which is true and will be the excuse, but then again its nice for them to have to deal with them for once because the Swans have had a charmed run this season.

Couple of injuries and they are brought back to the pack. They are just lucky they banked so many wins when other teams copped injuries/form issues.

Haha I don't know if I said it here, but I put it on a few sites and was told it couldn't mathematically happen and yet...

View attachment 2061779

It might have been by you - I can't remember if it was on here or Twitter that I read it

But it shows how close this season is

Pretty sure I read during the week that it was still mathematically possible for Sydney to miss the finals
Truly, I'd love to see that computation.
Would not like to see Hawks in the top 8 this year on principle

View attachment 2061779

One change to your final ladder id like Richmonds percentage to be 65.6 , with West Coast kicking a late late goal at KP in the final round to mathematically nudge ahead of the Tigers on %

Hawks playing well. Crows are rubbish today after a good game last week. Swans were just rubbish today and dogs were very good again- gee they are playing good footy.
But I think only one of those winners today will make the 8- there is just not enough room for 9 teams!
It’s almost impossible to pick the final 8 from now though- it’s such a tricky season.

Hawks playing well. Crows are rubbish today after a good game last week. Swans were just rubbish today and dogs were very good again- gee they are playing good footy.
But I think only one of those winners today will make the 8- there is just not enough room for 9 teams!
It’s almost impossible to pick the final 8 from now though- it’s such a tricky season.
Probably the best season ever if you're an equalisation fan.

Rubbish.
Dogs were lucky the oval was a disaster zone. Effectively it halved an already skinny ground.
Not saying we would have won, but saying we may have been belted by 20 goals if it was dry is ridiculous.
Mate they(The Dogs) were totally dominant.
At least a dozen goals and that is in a canter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Equalisation to the point where the competition is so average isn't that good.

The standard is crap but the not knowing who will win each week and momentum swings is enjoyable.

The best teams should be adaptable- any place, any time- it was our HG after all.

Here's a hypothetical I thought about during the week. If we were to finish 6, and GWS 7, our first final- home at Geelong where we never beat them, or at the G?
Given the lack of first week finals to be played in Melbourne, we'd have the choice made for us.

Equalisation to the point where the competition is so average isn't that good.
I don't subscribe to that theory. A flag is there to win, and if we are not top 4, it says nothing about an average competition given that many here think we can pinch it.
When I watch the teams that are in form, playing well, it is brilliant to watch.
Then there are very close games all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back