Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs and hawks winning interstate so they deserve to be in finals…if they finish the job off.cats got to beat dockers to confirm finals appearance it seems!
Che? We are unlikely to beat Freo over there but we will play finals.
Hawks will be lucky to make it the 8-dogs will get to 6th maybe?

Last edited:
It's crazy that at the moment, 14 of the 18 teams have a percentage over 100. Essendon, West Coast, North and Richmond the only ones with a percentage lower than 100.

The Dogs have the ability to do this but they are so unreliable
Current form counts.
Beating teams 3, 2, then 1 is a massive statement of their ability.
Have never doubted their list- now they are putting it all together.
Their talent and age profile is enviable.

We might have been lucky it was wet and muddy at K Park last week. Dogs a class above, might have been a 20-goal shellacking.
Rubbish.
Dogs were lucky the oval was a disaster zone. Effectively it halved an already skinny ground.
Not saying we would have won, but saying we may have been belted by 20 goals if it was dry is ridiculous.

Rubbish.
Dogs were lucky the oval was a disaster zone. Effectively it halved an already skinny ground.
They would not have thought they were lucky arriving at Geelong midwinter last week- just handled the conditions perfectly and showcased their talent.

Rubbish.
Not saying we would have won, but saying we may have been belted by 20 goals if it was dry is ridiculous.
They're currently belting the Swans by 10 in good conditions - 20 is probably a bit much, but 15? Easily a possibility

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It suited their game style. They are an in tight contested team.

We are the opposite.
The best teams should be adaptable- any place, any time- it was our HG after all.

Here's a hypothetical I thought about during the week. If we were to finish 6, and GWS 7, our first final- home at Geelong where we never beat them, or at the G?

The best teams should be adaptable- any place, any time- it was our HG after all.

Here's a hypothetical I thought about during the week. If we were to finish 6, and GWS 7, our first final- home at Geelong where we never beat them, or at the G?
I agree with that.

I’d rather play any team at the G. Apart from the Hawthorn hammering we have been pretty poor at home this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back