Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Go Lions. Brilliant result
Brilliant result how? I don’t understand this post. Are we happy that Melbourne are out of the 8? They are another Victorian club that hasn’t had a huge amount of success.

Are we happy that Brisbane are now back in the 8 which could possibly mean interstate travel if we somehow make finals if cards fall that way?

How is it brilliant?

Brilliant result how? I don’t understand this post. Are we happy that Melbourne are out of the 8? They are another Victorian club that hasn’t had a huge amount of success.

Are we happy that Brisbane are now back in the 8 which could possibly mean interstate travel if we somehow make finals if cards fall that way?

How is it brilliant?

We're not doing anything come finals anyway. What does it matter?

I think there are only 2 top 4 teams.

The rest are just middle of the table dross
I agree the rest is flaky, but two teams are gonna fall into top 4, crazy that the Lions can have their start and be sitting 5th. Could well be the Lions and the Pies taking the other two positions.

Will be interesting to see if the Pies start rolling now that they have the bulk of their players back

It doesn’t. I’m just struggling to see the logic behind his post.

Fair enough.

I'm happy Melbourne lost because I can't stand them as a club. I couldn't give a shit that it places Brisbane higher.

If our club was good enough this year we wouldn't need to worry about ladder positions and wanting other teams to beat xyz.

It's been on a downward trend for a few years now...too many teams the obvious answer. It's also no coincidence some teams have fallen in a heap since the rule changes a month or so ago. Us in particular...training all preseason one way, having to stop and then play catch-up. Crazy way to run a comp.
Absolutely too many teams. Rot started when Demetriou tried to bully North into decision on relocating to Gold Coast. We got the Suns, instead of biding time and ending with Gold Coast Kangaroos - they would have gone, if given right circumstances. Downhill from there. Sydney was never interested in a western suburbs team. Now it's going to be Tassie. More teams does not in any way translate to a better competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some seem happier at positive results for all teams bar Geelong...
Certainly not happier but resigned. Let's be realistic, our current form is not finals worthy, and the 7 consecutive wins seems like a buffer at present. Who knows if we recover.

Certainly not happier but resigned. Let's be realistic, our current form is not finals worthy, and the 7 consecutive wins seems like a buffer at present. Who knows if we recover.

Except that even when we are winning you will talk Geelong down or downplay the win, while talking up teams that are bottom of the ladder & regardless if winning or losing

So it does come across that you are happier to see other teams win than you are in regards to the fortunes of Geelong

Why not some balance & including posting positive stuff about Geelong - even at the moment when Geelong isn't going so well, most folk are still able to find positives in different aspects of what Geelong is doing & the youth coming through

As for whether or not we recover - if Brisbane have pushed themselves into the 8 after their start to the season, why can't Geelong turn their situation around...

Just doing some pre game ladder calculations.
How the hell did bloody Brisbane get such a high percentage?
Must have played a few easy beats before going off the boil.

For all their losses, they've only had 1 really bad loss

But they've had a few smashing wins

1719625109267.png

Except that even when we are winning you will talk Geelong down or downplay the win, while talking up teams that are bottom of the ladder & regardless if winning or losing

So it does come across that you are happier to see other teams win than you are in regards to the fortunes of Geelong

Why not some balance & including posting positive stuff about Geelong - even at the moment when Geelong isn't going so well, most folk are still able to find positives in different aspects of what Geelong is doing & the youth coming through

As for whether or not we recover - if Brisbane have pushed themselves into the 8 after their start to the season, why can't Geelong turn their situation around...
No need for me to crap on. Plenty of others here do the positive stuff. I say exactly what I discern, and pleasingly, it has often been incorrect. Right now, it may be accurate, and of course it is NOT PLEASING.
As far as youth coming on, it's been said already; you don't need balance from individual posters, you need overall balance amongst posters.

This is garbage I am sorry to say.
Spoken like someone who hasn't met Vdubs a more passionate cats family alongside Sttew you will struggle to find.

This is garbage I am sorry to say.
Spoken like someone who hasn't met Vdubs a more passionate cats family alongside Sttew you will struggle to find.
Nothing wrong with Vdubs posts, clearly loves the cats a lot, there’s a bit of self preservation in the pumping up other teams and players, which is understandable!

Seeing Vdubs start to believe in 22 was a joy.

I find Vdubs fair and entertaining, I don’t always agree with them, and that’s how it should be for balance on this forum. Don’t ever change Vdubs!

Yeah I'm not arguing we're not making finals and to give up.

I'm saying it won't matter where we finish as we're not good enough this year to go the whole way.
One of the worst things about AFL culture is thinking that not winning the flag or making top 4 is a failure or pointless. There’s 18 teams, 14 don’t make I that far and only 1 wins.

If we can get ourselves together and win enough to make finals then it’s been a good year to follow the Cats.

Having met Vdubs ill keep much personal information to myself.
But I will say a very nice and balanced person. Very skilled in his field and a massive and long term Cats person.
Also no BS

Go Catters

Are the Bulldogs taking a leaf out of Geelong's book in trying to turn Lobb into a defender

Are they hoping this will also attract Ports interest...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back