Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The risk you take putting young body's in the ruck.I wish we would desist no way Sam keep it up anyway and still be productive in a finals series Stanley needs to be our cannon fodder not Sam.
You don't have to be young to get a punctured lung or a broken foot from impact

Last edited:
Seriously - this surely is a free kick every day of the week

But also, when you look at the reverse angle, starting about 17/18 seconds into the clip - should it also be a report because Hipwood clearly knows what he's about to do, he deliberately turns his body & goes shoulder first into Blakey in an action that can easily injure a player

He also had a play later in the game when he went studs up into a marking contest in a very dodgy manner.

And yet it was barely mentioned.

If Toby Greene was watching he would have been shaking his head.

He also had a play later in the game when he went studs up into a marking contest in a very dodgy manner.

And yet it was barely mentioned.

If Toby Greene was watching he would have been shaking his head.
They probably saw the studs up and wrote out a fine for Toby on muscle memory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something tells me issuing players a fine isn't working as a deterrent....

View attachment 2055882
How the AFL continues to believe that robbing Butters of what amounts to the coins that fell down the back of his couch is going to alter his actions is absolutely beyond me.

Either increase the fines by a factor of 5 or start handing out suspensions for recalcitrants like him. Nothing will change with his behaviour until this kind of action is taken.

Last edited:
How the AFL continues to believe that robbing Butters of what amounts to the coins that fell down the back of his couch is going to alter his actions is absolutely beyond me.

Either increase the fines by a factor of 5 or start handing out suspensions for recalcitrants like him. Nothing will change with his behaviour until this kind of action is taken.

Fines should be % of total player contract divided by year. Madness that the bloke getting paid a million bucks a year suffers the same penalty as the rookie on a fraction of it.

Has he actually done anything that is worth punishing though?

Is there an actual need to change his behaviour?

It seems like he is just paying a stupidity tax, which is ok by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back