Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to see how Sydney handle this after we suffered it at times last year and this year, and Pies and Brisbane copped it this year.

Its why Sydney banking those wins was so crucial. They will be comfy top 4 even if they have a horror run.

Hilariously, and unlikely, Swans can still miss finals.

Has he actually done anything that is worth punishing though?

Is there an actual need to change his behaviour?

It seems like he is just paying a stupidity tax, which is ok by me.
As an elite player in the competition, he is a role model for plenty of young people watching. He's setting a very poor example for them and the AFL should do what it can to curb his antics.

And what they're going with now as a strategy is clearly not even close to working.

Time to see how Sydney handle this after we suffered it at times last year and this year, and Pies and Brisbane copped it this year.

Its why Sydney banking those wins was so crucial. They will be comfy top 4 even if they have a horror run.

Hilariously, and unlikely, Swans can still miss finals.

Just annoying that they are now dropping games to all the teams we are competing with. Would have been better if they kept winning.

I couldn't remember that match, assumed we must have got an absolute thumping...

If you told me some of the stats i.e Selwood and Stokes have 30 disposals, Selwood 6 tackles, Murdoch 7 tackles, Bartel 27 disposals, Johnson 26 disposals and a goal, Hawkins 3 goals, I would think its a potentially decent performance.

Swans spanked us by 110, we kicked 1.3 to 8.9 at HT, 2.4 to 3/4 time. Dirty dirty night.
Dawson Simpson kicked that first half goal from the pocket after Steve Johnson was badgering him to give him the ball. Was a really good goal though.

Did anyone watch the Front Bar last night? I saw that Shane Crawford would be on and knew I wouldn't be able to stomach it.
Saw it, thankfully they spent very very little time on a certain Grand Final that forced the AFL to change rules after because a certain team abused a rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he actually done anything that is worth punishing though?

Is there an actual need to change his behaviour?

It seems like he is just paying a stupidity tax, which is ok by me.
Yeah agree, being found guilty 17 times and only 1 suspension suggests to me that this is a case of the rules working, and Butters having enough self-control to stop himself crossing a line.

If the AFL want to change their rules so that any of his infractions carried a suspension (or multiple minor charges turn into a suspension, etc), he might change his behaviour. The league has all the power.

Clarko, Fagan and Burt no longer named in racism scandal. Accusers now taking it to the federal court with Hawthorn FC set to be named as sole defendant.

LAWYERS representing First Nations players and partners alleging racism at Hawthorn Football Club are on Friday expected to continue pursuing the matter legally through the lodgement of documents in the Federal Court.

Mediation between the players and those accused of the mistreatment, including Alastair Clarkson, now coaching North Melbourne, and Chris Fagan (Brisbane), was officially terminated by the Human Rights Commission in late May.

A deadline to take the matter to the Federal Court expires on Friday. While contents of the claims were still being finalised on Thursday, Clarkson and Fagan were this week told by people representing them that they would not be specifically named in the Federal Court action.

Clarkson and Fagan may still be required to appear as witnesses when the case is heard, but Hawthorn Football Club may be listed as the sole defendant.

Obviously the drawn grand final contributed 2 matches to this tally, but both these stats provide clear examples of how poor the home & away fixture is

As an elite player in the competition, he is a role model for plenty of young people watching. He's setting a very poor example for them and the AFL should do what it can to curb his antics.

And what they're going with now as a strategy is clearly not even close to working.
Haha “antics”

I couldn't remember that match, assumed we must have got an absolute thumping...

If you told me some of the stats i.e Selwood and Stokes have 30 disposals, Selwood 6 tackles, Murdoch 7 tackles, Bartel 27 disposals, Johnson 26 disposals and a goal, Hawkins 3 goals, I would think its a potentially decent performance.

Swans spanked us by 110, we kicked 1.3 to 8.9 at HT, 2.4 to 3/4 time. Dirty dirty night.
Dawson Simpson kicked that first half goal from the pocket after Steve Johnson was badgering him to give him the ball. Was a really good goal though.
I was at that game. It sucked.

Craig Bird had 33 disposals. CRAIG BIRD!

The less said about it the better.

Jack Viney recording a promo about working at KPMG, despite knowing that earlier in the year he'd been filmed by AFL media delivering such pearlers as 'Is Mongolia a country?' and 'does Africa have a flag?', is a truly extraordinary act of confidence.

Jack Viney recording a promo about working at KPMG, despite knowing that earlier in the year he'd been filmed by AFL media delivering such pearlers as 'Is Mongolia a country?' and 'does Africa have a flag?', is a truly extraordinary act of confidence.

Yeah it is pretty frustrating when you are a graduate and football players / other athletes walk in to roles through networking. Sydney do it with Citibank. You had Grant Hackett working for Westpac. Hird working for Evans way back when etc. They all do it.

Yeah it is pretty frustrating when you are a graduate and football players / other athletes walk in to roles through networking. Sydney do it with Citibank. You had Grant Hackett working for Westpac. Hird working for Evans way back when etc. They all do it.
It is very common.

The only saving grace working in these environments is that these people are usually found to be out of their depth pretty quickly, and it creates opportunities to be a “white knight” and fix problems that have been created by incompetent people promoted above their ability levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back