Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a week off why do they even need a floating fixture for the last round anymore. AFL are gimps.

I agree in regards to the following floating fixture, but the AFL likes it as they can try to schedule the bigger matches for the prime time slots

But even if this was all fixed in place when the schedule came out last November (?), it wouldn't have stopped the need for the forced change to the Hawthorn vs North game tomorrow - and the flow on from that with not wanting to schedule 3 games at the same time with then moving the Richmond vs GC game

Industrial action & strikes are outside the League control

Richmond fans are losing their shit at the change in start time for their match tomorrow

They're especially upset that they'll either miss the end of the clash against GC or have to miss the start of the Storm match that they also want to attend

Should move it to Marvel too to really mess with them. :cool:

If there is a week off why do they even need a floating fixture for the last round anymore. AFL are gimps.

Edit: I guess they are moving the Tassie game forward because of the power issue in Invermay but point still stands generally.
Trying to schedule the games that matter towards the end of the round
And for best tv spots

Looking after players even when they are leaving is how you attract good players to your club. Thought this would be obvious
Sure, the club should look after the player. I don't see why that extends to overly honouring his desired exit to play with your rival just up the road.

Each to their own.

What a ridiculous Friday night game to have in the last round. A dead rubber. It was a floating fixture until just recently too.
Better be a close game.
I said that too. They only just bought the draw out a week or so ago. They should of had a blockbuster on.

Where are all the Collingwood and Melbourne fans now?! Just cause their seasons are over doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be there to support their teams…so many gaps in the crowd

Good snow this time of year

The AFL was obviously working with the MFC & MCC to ensure that those wanting to head to the snow, could get off nice & early on Saturday

If I was running footy at St Kilda and this really was about Josh having his 'one last time in the red, white and black' moment, I wouldn't have been waiting for the AFL to deny this request.

Unless the banner was going to be decorated with gigantic dollar signs for the game, I guess.
The best thing Battle can do for the Saints is get them some good draft picks, he wasn't ever going to be elite for them.

What a ridiculous Friday night game to have in the last round. A dead rubber. It was a floating fixture until just recently too.
Better be a close game.
AFL wants a floating fixture so that they can have the big games that decide finals in the big slots, and it was obvious during the season that Pies and/or Dees would struggle to make it.

Freo/Port or Bulldogs/GWS were the two obvious choices.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was running footy at St Kilda and this really was about Josh having his 'one last time in the red, white and black' moment, I wouldn't have been waiting for the AFL to deny this request.

Unless the banner was going to be decorated with gigantic dollar signs for the game, I guess.
Surely you just don't even ask the question and just do it

Clayton Oliver up in the box with the players.

Goddamn Melbourne are shit though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back