Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Opponents pulling out some decent moves, and she struts around shaking her head and waving her finger dismissively.
I get that breakdancing / battles has a lot to do with bravado and attitude etc, but it was really embarassing.
The fake yawning several times was so cringe it hurt.
I'm sure it's a fine line but it probably helps to actually have moves to backup the attitude lol.

I watched a bit of the breaking including some of the men's, most other battles actually had competitors being polite, smiling, having an obvious good time and quite a few breakers were actively supporting each other during their battles...poor old RayRay just completely misread the room

Literally FMD

Im going to do a PhD next year in breakdancing. :think:

:drunk:

While Gunn's specifics have not been made public, PhD students like the breakdancer can get up to $56,000 a year in tax-free government funding.

That includes living stipends of up to $35,000 a year, plus an additional top-up scholarship of approximately $21,000 a year.

I don't like the fact that she represented Australia, and as such, Australia is getting rubbished, rather than being admired and applauded for winning so many medals. She's a blight on the all the achieving and hard working athletes.
Perfect, I this is the primary reason why many have trolled her performance.

I mean whats next, lets make posting on Bigfooty an Olympic event. :drunk:

Unfortunately, Im not sure I would even make it to the podium for most posts. But in my prime back in 2013.....wowee. :$

Which makes the criticism of her pretty fair in my opinion.

It's not online trolls being too negative if Olympic level judges didn't think the performance was worthy of a single point
It's not points though, it's votes.

It's not that they thought there was nothing good, it's that all 9 judges thought the other person was better. Which imo is true after watching her 3 performances, but not by a huge margin in one of the cases.

My biggest gripe about the Olympics was the behavior from many of the players and officials in team sport events. Soccer, Basketball were two sports with disgusting over the top entitled behavior from many of the players towards officials and even beach volleyball and hockey had fights.

The Olympic Spirit is all about a celebration of sport and sportsmanship. While it was designed to be taken seriously, winning Bronze or finishing 5th was supposed to be celebrated as much as those who won gold and silver. It was something seriously lacking these Olympics. So much so, I found it so hard to watch. One country was noticeably bad at it in particular. Even Australia lost touch with the Olympic spirit by bagging the break dancing. Hey, at least this lady took a shot, unlike the couch google experts who only prove to mostly be gutless hypocritical whingers.

Overall this Olympics ranks as probably the least enjoyable Ive ever watched. Events at empty stadiums in Tokyo were more entertaining. The IOC really need to start disqualifying teams and individuals from receiving medals. Maybe the IOC is to blame. They now require athletes to vacate the Athletes Village within 48hrs of their event. This has probably kept teams at a distance from each other. Where as before theyd all mingle during and party together after the events.

All I can say is the Paris Olympics genuinely sucked. Hopefully the LA and Brisbane Olympic Games are run better with a higher expectation placed on athlete behaviour.

Breakdancing has been officially dropped from the Olympics. Ice dancing is a thing in the winter Olympics. I can only assume the summer Olympics is trying to find a technical equivalent they can use. Plenty of highly regarded dance styles out there that have had international competitions for decades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breakdancing has been officially dropped from the Olympics. Ice dancing is a thing in the winter Olympics. I can only assume the summer Olympics is trying to find a technical equivalent they can use. Plenty of highly regarded dance styles out there that have had international competitions for decades.

They already have rythmic gymnastics and artistic swimming

Was that announced immediately after RayGuns 'performance'?

I don't know if Gunn's PhD was government funded. The majority of PhD candidatures are University funded these days. Not sure when she got hers though. It was easier to get government funded ones 20 years ago.

Either way, the funding produced the Oceania champion so that's probably a win!

It's hilarious how silly her moves looked, but let's be real here, she's not the issue. She was the best we had, so she got to compete. The issues are (a) we clearly didn't take the sport seriously, and (b) it's a stupid sport.

How many people can say they've represented their country at the Olympics? Good on her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back