Oppo Camp Pert is Melbourne's New Ceo

Remove this Banner Ad

Improvement on field has come since he left, is that a coincidence?

Just because two things are related in time does not mean they are causally connected.

Except on this occasion, it does.

He is a very reliable thourthe though.

Can someone please provide a lowdown of how Pert is regarded? He appeared to be rated highly for a long time but grew stale in the Pies role. Improvement on field has come since he left, is that a coincidence?

Pert was alright at keeping the money rolling in. But he played far too active a roll in the football department which he had no right to. It contributed to dysfunction. His leaking of stories to the media was downright grubby and damaging. I dislike Pert a lot because of those. It was disloyal. The rumours of him being a difficult character to work with are just those, rumours. I'm glad we've moved on.

Good to see Pert is keeping true to his strengths, with negative news regarding Collingwood floating through on his behalf. I think he might go okay at Melbourne though, he had a lot of baggage by the time he left here, and probably got sucked into playing the political game hence the leaks etc. Starting with a fresh slate should help a lot.

Finally! Our boys can go back to smashing pills on the weekend without this guy getting all up in their face.

Does that conversely mean that Melbourne's #partylyf prospects just got flushed down the toilet quicker than an eccy stash at a house party after the cops arrive to bust shit up...

I remember reading this somewhere here and it just stuck with me.. something along the lines of “noticed as soon as Pert left how all the leaks in the media have stopped?” Around the time of when we had that important meeting at the end of last year.

It is going to be a long time before I get the image conjured up by your first sentence out of my head....
Even Caro doesn’t have that bad taste

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeping it really simple.

If he does a great job at Melbourne:

Collingwood gave Melbourne a terrific operator.

If he does a real dreadful job:

Ex Fitzroy full back stuffed up Melbourne as you’d expect.

starting to look like Pert was a major influence in Malthouse not taking up his succession plan not that it matters.

I don't think anyone will necessarily truly know what's fact and what's fiction, but there are some theories on Pert.

It was rumoured that he leaked the drug story to Slobbo.

I believe he was behind Star Athletic which we left Adidas for, before the company went to poo?

I'm sure there are others. I would also say the club was in a much better position when he left than when he got here.

But let's just say he left (as part of?) us needing to do comprehensive review of our operations... surely that's telling?

Terrible person.
Took advantage of his position at pies. Especially with his Noosa holiday house.
Told staff they needed a break. Here stay at my place.
Meanwhile invoiced the club for usage.
Oh well, he got away with it for so long, so well done
Good luck demons. (Does he have a Mt Buller rental?)

Terrible person.
Took advantage of his position at pies. Especially with his Noosa holiday house.
Told staff they needed a break. Here stay at my place.
Meanwhile invoiced the club for usage.
Oh well, he got away with it for so long, so well done
Good luck demons. (Does he have a Mt Buller rental?)

Hadn't heard that one before. Wow

A reminder of what Pert said when he left; his publicly given reasons have a bit of Walsh and Malthouse about them - personal reasons and professional change. Seems to be standard lines when departing football clubs.

On Pert's appointment with Melbourne I found it interesting that the AFL gave the decision their "blessing". 5 years after the AFL shoehorned Jackson into the dees CEO role in 2013 are Melb still required to get AFL approval for major club decisions?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/re...n/news-story/eafc1eba0dd017a5c285b32660ba5ff5
Pert said:
“I sat down with Ed last week and resigned as the CEO of the Collingwood Football Club,” he said.

“It was a decision that was made after quite a period of time thinking about the club was at and I think we’ve been transparent about the fact we’ve engaged a process of redefining what the Collingwood Football Club is going to be in the future .

“I see that as the responsible thing for me to do.”

“I gave Ed the clear reasons why I think the timing is really good. The timing is good for the club. But also the timing is right for me,” Pert said.

“I’ve been doing the role for 10 years. It’s a big year. In the 10 years it’s gotten literally twice as big.

“It was in the interests of my family to say 10 years is enough and it’s time for someone to take the new vision…and drive things forward.

“There has been a lot of success as highlighted by the premiership…but they’ve also been some challenging times and some fires we’ve had to put out along the way. But I’m certainly proud of the 10 years.”

“I can guarantee I’m not thinking of any roles or entering into conversations (for jobs at AFL),”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...b/news-story/233212e2d814a7fd274e61fd6bd2bb84
Walsh said:
"But it’s the right time personally and professionally for an extended break. Simply, I thank Collingwood for the opportunity.”

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-10-01/malthouse-to-part-ways-with-pies/3205206
Malthouse said:
"The club has been fantastic about it, don't get me wrong about this, and from day one Eddie has indicated that he would like it to work," he said.

"I think along the line it all sounded good, but reality-wise, as Ed said, he would like to think Nathan will be a 10-year coach or more.

"So I think that in fairness to everyone at the football club, I think they need a fresh start and I can't give them a fresh start from my position in that role.

"It would be selfish to stay on in the role ... I just don't see any point."
McGuire said:
McGuire said he had known "for a while" that Malthouse would leave as soon as this season ended.

"We've had this conversation for a long time, it became clear to Mick that he needed a break," he said.

"It underlines what we did two years ago - Mick is finished, he's hit the wall mentally, emotionally ... he gave everything, there's no more, and the whole idea was that Mick would hit the finish line flat out.

"It would have been nice for him to stay on in the position, but I've known for a fair while that he was oscillating.

"The whole idea of why there was never anything in concrete ... is because it was very emotional, the whole thing."

Can someone please provide a lowdown of how Pert is regarded? He appeared to be rated highly for a long time but grew stale in the Pies role. Improvement on field has come since he left, is that a coincidence?

Unfortunately for you...no.

Triple M got stronger once he left.

Now Collingwood has already turned it around since he left.

Only so many coincidences before you realise he was an issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Pert is Melbourne's New Ceo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back