Oppo Camp Pert is Melbourne's New Ceo

Remove this Banner Ad

Notice how he accepts no responsibility for the shit that went down?

My only saving grace is he set back Carlton another three years..........for that I will always be grateful.

Can someone please provide a lowdown of how Pert is regarded? He appeared to be rated highly for a long time but grew stale in the Pies role. Improvement on field has come since he left, is that a coincidence?

I’ve seen him speak at length on a few occasions about the business of running a footy club and IMO he’s an impressive operator.

He’s very fiscally minded. I reckon he’s the type of CEO you get in to sort out house when everything is a mess. Don’t expect any warm and fuzzies out of him. He’s probably better suited to Melbourne than he was Collingwood.

Some folks give him stick for interfering in footy department matters. I’ve never seen any evidence of that. He’s the CEO, so he’s entitled to stick his nose in where-ever he damn well pleases and it’s his job to hold departments to account (especially core business) so I never had a problem with him being on the recruitment committee, etc, etc. I never saw any evidence that he was a micro manager.

There were rumours that there were some folks who he didn’t get along with, but I guess when you’re the boss of an organisation that is full of big egos then you probably wouldn’t be doing your job if you weren’t ruffling a few feathers from time to time.

There were rumours of him leaking stuff to the media, but if he did then I refuse to believe that he wouldn’t have run it past Ed first.

For me his main crime was that he was poor at managing expectations. Back around 2014 he was announcing to areas of the supporter base that Collingwood would be competing for a Premiership around 2017 which ended up being very wrong and likely counter productive. It made sense for him to be made accountable for that and him moving on.

Last edited:
Can someone please provide a lowdown of how Pert is regarded? He appeared to be rated highly for a long time but grew stale in the Pies role. Improvement on field has come since he left, is that a coincidence?

The great cancer of the Collingwood footy club.

Eddie loves the bloke and that's where it stopped. players, coaches anybody involved in the club have said he is a campaigner to work with, very out of touch, never gave an inch, when the club finally did the internal report alot of our issues came back to Pert.

No surprise he is gone and the cultures seems better not saying it's all his fault but he wasn't rated highly in the end at Collingwood.

My sister is friends with Margie Amarfio who was at the club for a decade. She says Pert was good to work with. Didn't seem to me like there was a split in the admin or bad blood etc in there. Just time for a change, as banal as that.

I'm sorry but that is absolute bullshit, anyone who worked at the club in any role that had dealings with Pert will tell you he was a campaigner.

Rumours and crap get thrown around footy boards everyday this I promise was all true, he lost the playing group with the comments on drugs.

I’ve seen him speak at length on a few occasions about the business of running a footy club and IMO he’s an impressive operator.

He’s very fiscally minded. I reckon he’s the type of CEO you get in to sort out house when everything is a mess. Don’t expect any warm and fuzzies out of him. He’s probably better suited to Melbourne than he was Collingwood.

Some folks give him stick for interfering in footy department matters. I’ve never seen any evidence of that. He’s the CEO, so he’s entitled to stick his nose in where-ever he damn well pleases and it’s his job to hold departments to account (especially core business) so I never had a problem with him being on the recruitment committee, etc, etc. I never saw any evidence that he was a micro manager.

There were rumours that there were some folks who he didn’t get along with, but I guess when you’re the boss of an organisation that is full of big egos then you probably wouldn’t be doing your job if you weren’t ruffling a few feathers from time to time.

There were rumours of him leaking stuff to the media, but if he did then I refuse to believe that he wouldn’t have run it past Ed first.

For me his main crime was that he was poor at managing expectations. Back around 2014 he was announcing to areas of the supporter base that Collingwood would be competing for a Premiership around 2017 which ended up being very wrong and likely counter productive. It made sense for him to be made accountable for that and him moving on.

So it's Ed's at Fault of last 4 Seasons Then and Him Alone as he had the Final Say

I thought he did a great job.
This is an AFL appointment no?

My sister is friends with Margie Amarfio who was at the club for a decade. She says Pert was good to work with. Didn't seem to me like there was a split in the admin or bad blood etc in there. Just time for a change, as banal as that.
A lot of totally uneducated crap being posted in this thread.
Pert was the CEO not the player manager. Had nothing at all to do with recruiting or coaching or stroking the members egos.
He oversaw the club during it's most financially stable period, ever.
He was not there to be liked.
All the rest is rumour generated on a footy forum.

I'm sorry but that is absolute bullshit, anyone who worked at the club in any role that had dealings with Pert will tell you he was a campaigner.

Rumours and crap get thrown around footy boards everyday this I promise was all true, he lost the playing group with the comments on drugs.

I’ve got a feeling BEEG works at the tuckshop.

I've known Margie for almost 30 years. It's straight from her mouth to my ear in my mother's lounge room. She couldn't give a shit what is said on a footy forum, it was just matter of fact. In fact I felt like a tit having asked. Was an absolute non issue.

I reckon it's naive to think Pert wasn't leaking info to the media. If Ed sanctioned it I reckon Ed should be accountable for it too. It sat really poorly with me some of the stuff that got leaked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of totally uneducated crap being posted in this thread.
Pert was the CEO not the player manager. Had nothing at all to do with recruiting or coaching or stroking the members egos.
He oversaw the club during it's most financially stable period, ever.
He was not there to be liked.
All the rest is rumour generated on a footy forum.

I will ask one question to you and 76woodenspooners and I will let the past go because the reality is Pert's appointment has nothing to do with us now.

Do you think it was Pert's "right" or more importantly "responsibility" to become the white knight re the volcanic drug problem in the AFL?

I will ask one question to you and 76woodenspooners and I will let the past go because the reality is Pert's appointment has nothing to do with us now.

Do you think it was Pert's "right" or more importantly "responsibility" to become the white knight re the volcanic drug problem in the AFL?

Which put the Club and a Microacope it should not been put under

Which put the Club and a Microacope it should not been put under

Our Club took their eye of the ball from 2011 and beyond..........Pert was just one part of that Dave.

We made many mistakes as a Club and it has taken us 7 years to right the Ship.

Our Club took their eye of the ball from 2011 and beyond..........Pert was just one part of that Dave.

We made many mistakes as a Club and it has taken us 7 years to right the Ship.
We now seem to be focused on the men's footy rather than saving the albino gay monkey dolphins and every other non footy cause.

The men's AFL team is what matters. Everything is is just fluff.

Not at all and in fact I thought he was way out of line, but as you will no doubt learn, just because someone has different ideas or values than you does not mean they cannot be extremely good at their job and extremely valuable to you and/or your organisation.

This whole "issue" of how he was regarded by others at the club or whether there is any "leaking" is all absolutely moot. Rumour fodder for those who have no idea what his actual role was as CEO.

In regard to his position at the club, he performed an outstanding job.

I cannot remember seeing any actual evidence of a single rumoured falling out between any party at the club ever mentioned on these forums ever.
That includes Bucks, Malthouse and Eddie.

All appear to be fuelled by nothing more than innuendo, rumour, lies, dislike, a need for attention, ego and or an inferiority complex.

Nothing worse than what we get from footy "journalists" but no less dismissable.

Not at all and in fact I thought he was way out of line, but as you will no doubt learn, just because someone has different ideas or values than you does not mean they cannot be extremely good at their job and extremely valuable to you and/or your organisation.

This whole "issue" of how he was regarded by others at the club or whether there is any "leaking" is all absolutely moot. Rumour fodder for those who have no idea what his actual role was as CEO.

In regard to his position at the club, he performed an outstanding job.

I cannot remember seeing any actual evidence of a single rumoured falling out between any party at the club ever mentioned on these forums ever.
That includes Bucks, Malthouse and Eddie.

All appear to be fuelled by nothing more than innuendo, rumour, lies, dislike, a need for attention, ego and or an inferiority complex.

Nothing worse than what we get from footy "journalists" but no less dismissable.

Look Pie Eyed I have posted some stuff here in the past re Pert. None of it was a lie or made up.
I blame the whole Club for our downfall from 2011....he happened to be an integral part of it. Fact is this bloke left because of Pert.

160212_walsh300.jpg

Good luck to him at the Dees.

My mail is that most of the players disliked him. For example, making players pay for their partners to go to club functions.

He was also responsible for greatly reducing the connection between the members and club. He axed the cocktail party and stuffed up the social club bar.

He’ll probably go alright at Melbourne though, given they are not a real club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Pert is Melbourne's New Ceo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back