Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

What was that kick from Logan tho? i think he just got completely under the ball or tried to kick it to hard :tearsofjoy:

He tried to kick the shit out of it and rushed

Commentators were making it seem like Warner & Gulden were getting tagged.

FYI Garry Lyon, it's called getting beaten by your opponent.

And it wasn't just them. Very few players won their match-up and had a positive contribution to their aspect of the game.

We didn't lose because our 3 big name players weren't firing. We lost because they had too much company.

Instead of Logan, who generally is a decent kick, perhaps more needs to be said about Taylor Adams... he's absolutely putrid by foot, and blows a number of scoring chances a game.

I was perplexed when they said we were trading for him, and he hasn't changed my mind. A waste of salary cap!

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk
There are a couple of players breathing down his neck. He needs a rest in the 2s. He was very frustrating today, silly decisions costing free kicks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think some here simply need to accept that we're at our best when we play "arrogant" footy and whilst it looks fantastic and we all enjoy it when it works, you can't expect players like Blakey, Chad and Paps to turn it off when things aren't going our way.

It can be infuriating to see Blakey try a smartarse worm burner from the kick-in down 3 goals, but for the most part, it's great to watch and has us sitting two games clear at the top.

Freo deserve credit today. They brought the pressure in the first half and made their opportunities count. They moved the footy well and made us work for everything. Despite that, we still nearly pinched it.

Parker and Mills straight in when available. We need more piggies at the trough out of the middle.

Was a great win for them honestly. KPDs out, playing away against a team that has dropped one all season.
They were very good, pressure was relentless for four quarters, they had some good game day coaching and individuals playing blinders. We also missed some chances.

If it takes such a high standard to win against us by 1 point, not many will be beating us

Because he isn't a Swan fan favourite.
There is that.

it just makes no sense.

I like watching him play. Goes hard. Contests. Runs. Shanks kicks. In other words pure Swan.

If Logan kicks a point, it kinda doesn’t matter.

With our %, a draw is no better than a loss.

The abysmal lack of pressure in the first half seems to be the common theme, along with our poor clearance work.

Nah, salvaging a draw from that would have been great. Would have felt like a win after the initial disappointment.

I really thought he had it. I didn’t think it would be a goal, but I was banking the 2 points. I can’t believe he didn’t even make the distance.

Happy we showed heart in the 4Q and almost stole it. What we continue to show is that we can pile on points quickly so that no team can relax against us.

What's disappointing is this ongoing first half, in particular first quarter malaise. We just give away goals and then put ourselves in a tricky situation.

Loved Blakey's game. He was pretty steady throughout then exploded in the 4th when we needed someone to step up. His goal was just awesome as was his play off the last stoppage to give us the opportunity to win. The Lizard has become the gem we all hoped for when we drafted him.

There’s an enormous amount of disrespect here for freo - this was their grand final, they’ll do nothing in finals this crap.

People are seriously inderestimating them. They’ve got two genuine rucks. Three really promising kpf. Theee of the best mids in the comp and 2 seriously good kpd.

They match up well on us and they could very easily have beaten us twice this season

They were very good, pressure was relentless for four quarters, they had some good game day coaching and individuals playing blinders. We also missed some chances.

If it takes such a high standard to win against us by 1 point, not many will be beating us
Yep they were good and we were nowhere near our best (and copped some bad umpiring decisions resulting in goals to them), yet lost by a point....

There is that.

it just makes no sense.

I like watching him play. Goes hard. Contests. Runs. Shanks kicks. In other words pure Swan.

The longer players are out eg Reid and Parker the better they come. For a star Parker is one of the worst kicks of all time . People forget last year v Freo he kicked it to them and set up a few goals .

Reid has kicked plenty worse than Logans shot etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back