Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a crisis meeting. Players need to look the players who missed out last year in the eyes and say they are prepared to put in their all.

Matt Rosa for Sam Mitchell as midfield coach seems to be a down grade. 🙄 Midfielders need a kick up the arse. Shuey has been non existent, Gaff terrible. Yeo? MIA. Hickey welcome to West Coast, soz we are now shit.

The forward line is terrible. Kennedy is held all game, Darling is an unco and since his return game Cripps has been unsighted.

Hope Simmo has the ability to pull this lot together, this will really test him.
Disagree about Yeo. I saw the guy trying his guts out with no help. I'd like to see M Allen in to help him with the grunt work.

I didnt say we're a bottom 4 side. I said that based on current form, the Suns are every chance of beating us next week.

You're only as good as your last game, and our last 3 games have been sh*thouse. Gold Coast are at least giving it a red-hot go. Cant say the same for our mob for 2 weeks now.

You could say the same about Dom Sheed's form before the 2018 finals series. Granted, he's only a player, but the comparison is actually quite accurate. How long did it take him to turn it around?

Also, remember the fact that our two smashings have been in slippery conditions, or at a ground our game plan pretty much doesn't work on. It's not like we just aren't trying.

A team is certainly harder, but I see no reason why we can't put it together next week.

We're playing like a bottom 4 side at the moment. Hard to pinpoint exactly what's wrong when we've been horrible all over the ground but something's obviously going wrong. I've only managed to catch a quarter or so of the last two games (was away camping last week and working today), why do you reckon we're playing so badly?

A mixture of wrong personnel (or, how we're setting up) and terrible conditions. We've definitely been up and down, we just need to get it right.

Also, I think the loss of Mitchell has certainly had an effect.

You know your fuc*ed when your best midfielder was your ruckman.
Can't wait for Simo to back in the boys next week and drop Brander for Vardy.

Yes, Simmo is completely and utterly predictable. He definitely didn't win a premiership in the last six months.

our contested ball differential

the quality of our inside 50 entries

the quality of our clearences

losing the tackle count for a 3rd week in a row

And what were the Collingwood and GWS games?

Negatives:
- too many to list.
- Playerwise everyone not mentioned below.
- weak tackling. They constantly broke our tackles. Was the most frustrating aspect for me.
- marks not sticking at all. So different from last year.
- percentage will almost definitely cost us a place or two come season end.
- I am in full agreement with Hungry Tiger.

Positives:
+ only one game off second place. Good run now to the bye. Should really go in 8 and 4 but who knows after the effort dished up the last couple of weeks.
+ Hurn, Gov, Hickey - thought Yeo tried hard. Shep started well. And that is it.
+ I have no interest in superhero movies. But would be pissed if I did.
+ Stopped drinking in the 3rd quarter I was that annoyed so no hangover tomorrow hopefully.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

+ Hickey, that's all.

- Gaff, 30 possessions of pure dross
10 players under 10 possessions, Brander and Darling managed 10 so.......
Hickey who was delisted* and unloved is our hungriest player and by a fair margin.
When an opponent has the ball near the boundary line don't run straight at him so he can just wheel infield, only happened about 20 times, make him try and get past you boundary side, basic football.
Umpires are seriously shit this year, all games not just ours.

*Might have made up the bit about delisted, certainly unloved

Hickey was a positive.

The big negative is that half the team never touched it 10 times in the game, half the bloody team!
That is a group which doesn’t care and is not on the same page. It is a sign of individualism and it shows in how they perform.
I just don’t get how you can run around for 2 hours playing footy and have that many players not get a touch. How an AFL level player can do that is beyond me but it’s very common at the WCE.

Matt Rosa for Sam Mitchell as midfield coach seems to be a down grade. 🙄 Midfielders need a kick up the arse. Shuey has been non existent, Gaff terrible. Yeo? MIA.
Isn't Rosa a stoppages coach - Van Berlo the mid coach?

Anyways...that game was a bit like trying to find something good in a turd?
Same old-same old. One trick ponies?
How can a good team play so bad? Have we been busted? - found out.
It looks like the game has moved past us?
No Rioli, Redden, Barrass. No Vardy but that seemed to work for us.
Do we need midfielders....again?
Masten had a decent game and half the team should be dropped?
All the talk about bringing in youth, that worked well, who do we bring in next?
positive - can't wait for the team to find form and come-back????
depending on how we fare in next block of games, could be a long season?

Last edited:
+ Hickey was immense. 1 ruck till Natters is back.
+ Masten went at 100%, kicked a goal and beat a ruckman in a defensive 1 on 1. Will still get called to be dropped.
+ Hurn/Dugs/Gov, stopped the bleeding a bit?
+ 3-3 isn't end of the world.

- GAFF - Hack kick after hack kick. Play him solely on a wing ffs.
- Midfield was dominated. Sheed's efforts worried me when he got a chance. Yeo could do with a defensive spell.
- Cole/Schoey. Both had absolute mares. Like not sure they did much right at all. Sorry Schoey.
- Darling was pathetic. Multiple poor efforts and lots of wrong positioning. Won't get dropped but should be.
- Cripps, 2nd anonymous week in a row.
- Kennedy/OAllen, it's not working.
- Venables is horribly out of form (1 good mark) - wish I could fast forward Rioli's return.
- The likelihood we drop Brander instead of other under performing players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t lost all hope.. our 4 poor games have probably been the worst you can get in terms of fixturing and location. A fired up Brisbane for their first game, at the Gabba in shit conditions. Freo playing their yearly granny against us (while also showing they’re not the worst this season), Port also playing their granny, this was the one I would have expected us to win at home. And Geelong out in the middle of nowhere where they never lose. 3-3 is a little disappointing, definitely would’ve taken 4-2 though.. should’ve really won that Port game. The concerning thing is the 50 point losses. Would be a little more optimistic if they were 20 or less (maybe the 6-6-6 playing a roll in us not being able to stop momentum and adding 20-30 points to the margin?) Think we can get a bit of a roll on now with games at home and in Melbourne. Just have all the shit fixtures in the one season which makes our home games super important.. How’s having all of Brisbane at the Gabba, Geelong at Kardinya, Sydney at the SCG, Melbourne in Alice Springs all in the same year.

You could say the same about Dom Sheed's form before the 2018 finals series. Granted, he's only a player, but the comparison is actually quite accurate. How long did it take him to turn it around?

Also, remember the fact that our two smashings have been in slippery conditions, or at a ground our game plan pretty much doesn't work on. It's not like we just aren't trying.

A team is certainly harder, but I see no reason why we can't put it together next week.

A mixture of wrong personnel (or, how we're setting up) and terrible conditions. We've definitely been up and down, we just need to get it right.

Also, I think the loss of Mitchell has certainly had an effect.

Yes, Simmo is completely and utterly predictable. He definitely didn't win a premiership in the last six months.

And what were the Collingwood and GWS games?

Those games showed what we can do but this group clearly don’t wish to do it weekly, they have climbed their mountain and it shows in how they are performing.

Darling was awful,wouldnt mind bringing brooksby in to play chf and send a message that good wafl form will be rewarded and poor afl form will be punished
Poor skills and intent throughout the game,fumbles,dropped marks etc
Brander isnt ready to impact just yet
Oallen needs to go.back too

Hickey tried hard
Hurn is a rock

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Totally agree on Brooksby. He is in form and a proven ruck / forward. Either Allen or Darling should make way for him next week. He will go hard at the club that axed him.

Hickey was very good. Hurn was solid. Everyone else was crap.

Schoflied''s time is up, play Brander in defense and Rotham comes in. Rotham would have suited playing on Rohan today.

Going to put as much effort into this weeks P&N thread as the boys put into today’s game.

Positives:
+ Ummm

Negatives:
- This kicks off what I’m sure will be a highly emotional week for me. GoT tomorrow and End Game Wednesday.
- Everything.

I’ve probably put in too much effort now. F**k.

GOT tomorrow is going to be epic. Two episodes and no one has died yet. Next episode the biggest battle in GOT history.........gulp!

Sh!t is going to go down.:thumbsu::thumbsu::drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back