Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Little Brother

Remove this Banner Ad

Posted this a few weeks ago but I feel like even if we won the flag now it would be a bit flat and bittersweet. It’s more than “the Eagles” as a club winning it, it’s the players who have been a part of it for the last 8-10 years. Gaff, Nic and Jk not being a part of it after all they’ve done would be shit. That’s sport but how’s the luck that it happens to be arguably our 3 best players.
I couldnt care less who the 22 were if they won the cup.

Its the jumper Im supporting.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Personally i just think Gaff horrifically misjudged one of those sharp chips to the chest or shoulder players do :handfist:

Our fairest and meekest player randomly goes BANG onto a kids jaw when we're cruising 5 goals up without any hint of provocation?

I mean shit, he runs for charity each game and was wearing a barista hat this week and serving coffees to do his part for Dig Deep Round. Makes no sense.

The only conclusion i can draw, is that he was genuinely possessed by the devil :shrug:

He just lost his cool. We all do it. Huge mistake and he has learnt that every action has a consequence.

Positives:
We won

Negatives:
Well, the lack of media vibe around us is now gone. I'd almost go as far to say that we had some positive response to the club after losing Nic again, but now it's all trashed and the club and fans are evil once again. It'll be interesting to see if the club is tough enough to let this galvanise the team on the field, because I don't think we're there. In fact, I think Gaff just cooked our season.

Posted this a few weeks ago but I feel like even if we won the flag now it would be a bit flat and bittersweet. It’s more than “the Eagles” as a club winning it, it’s the players who have been a part of it for the last 8-10 years. Gaff, Nic and Jk not being a part of it after all they’ve done would be shit. That’s sport but how’s the luck that it happens to be arguably our 3 best players.

Did Bob Murphy missing out take the shine out of their 2016 premiership? No, he was as much a part of the win as the squad who played on the day (well in my eyes anyway...well maybe not 100% literally but you know what I mean). If we win the GF the three missing will still be responsible for it. Sure, I'm sure they'd love to play, but it's an unfortunately fact that many key players miss out on grannies or finals. So yeah, while I feel bad for them regardless, you gotta do what you can with the chances you've got, and not have this defeatist mentality. If we go down we go down fighting. I'd hope that would be the culture we want to instill going forward.

Unbelievable. Has that weird Cuz/Judd in 2007, NN in 2016 type feel to it. So very very deflating, except in this case it's different because it was also unnecessary. Very hard to reconcile with the bloke we know Gaff is.

I almost feel like as fans we've been robbed of two great wins this year because the feeling post game has been funereal.

We really have. This season probably can't end soon enough now.
Really? It's been an exciting ride. Nic and Gaff are incidents that can occur, with players removing themselves from the team in tragic and bizarre circumstances. I was not a fan of Liam Ryan being taken at 26 but hell, him, Willie and Tom Cole, plus Waterman, coming on the scene have been exciting and the rise and rise of Duggan and Redden has been fantastic, along with the renaissance of Jetta and Masten. Plenty to still take out of the season, I would have thought. ;)

Really? It's been an exciting ride. Nic and Gaff are incidents that can occur, with players removing themselves from the team in tragic and bizarre circumstances. I was not a fan of Liam Ryan being taken at 26 but hell, him, Willie and Tom Cole, plus Waterman, coming on the scene have been exciting and the rise and rise of Duggan and Redden has been fantastic, along with the renaissance of Jetta and Masten. Plenty to still take out of the season, I would have thought. ;)

My nurries just need time to recover from severe bruising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The same hypocrites demanding Barry Hall be taken to court, now standing at the end of the game to give Gaff an ovation as he exits the ground.....

That says it all about WCE

They didn't play the incident on the big screen, the majority of people had no idea what had occurred but keep peddling this idiotic media driven narrative.

Positives...Lycett.That was an example of what he must bring to the table every week.His second and third efforts are more important than his tapwork.
...Ive been banging on about having Venners,Ryan,Rioli and Petrol in the same forward line.Well 3 out of 4 was pretty bloody good.Venners is a dead set forward.
... The Rioli fend.I love you Willie.
...Masten looked [ cough cough ][ quite accomplished.
...we didnt lose too much focus and weren't intimidated by the rough stuff.

Negatives... Elliot Yo must learn to fire up early.Does he like the heat out of it first??
... Gaff could throw another 1000 punches and never connect the sweet spot like that.Unfortunate but stupid.
...Dickhead Lyon still stirring it up.Covering for his; and his teams; ineptitude
...So many people writing us off.

Positives lads:
  • We won
  • We're ahead of 3rd by 2 games
  • Ross Lyon is getting a lot of love for losing by 10 goals
  • Free wins against Freo for the foreseeable future while he is in charge
  • Ryan is back
  • Rioli is a weapon
  • Yeo BOG (Still $101 for the Brownlow on Bet365, =2nd on the Predictor with no Gaff to steal votes in the last few games)
  • Darling great without Kennedy
  • OAllen in for Schofield?

Even if Gaff was meant to hit his chest, that probably would have got him suspended to.
A fair whack to the strernum wouldn't do much, if he hit his guts he'd have copped one week.

I can't question Gaff's character, I have no doubt what his intentions were but he royally ****ed up the execution.

People that equate damage = force are just clueless, but that's the AFL in a nutshell. There's so many factors at play. I fully expect 4-6 ina reasonable world, but I don't expect the AFL to be the slightest bit reasonable.

I would personally love a fairytale ending of Gaff coming back for a GF and winning the Norm Smith leading us to victory, not for Gaff being deserving of redemption, just to put the finger up to the pathetic journalists in this country and the hysterical "commentators" running their mouths in some feeble attempt to be relevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Little Brother

Remove this Banner Ad

Back