Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

2 more wins guarantee top 4 and if we can keep % up, 3 more guarantees top 2. Very nice.
Geez that zuhar kid can play and he's tough . If there is any inkling of go home factor in him, we should jump all over it.
Kelly is the player we should be going after big time. Would be the icing on the cake

Credit where credit is due, Masten has put together the best month of footy I have seen from him for a very long time. Hoping he can keep it up when Hutchings returns.

Not going to lie I thought he was done and I don't think it was the wrong opinion at the time but credit to him he has turned it around.

The big positive is we keep playing the kids- Cameron- Allen- Watson- Petch-Waterman and Cameron, sure they are not setting the world on fire, but what they are getting is invaluable experience, nothing can beat that.

JK, obviously the illness was pretty harsh, his work up the ground was what had been missing, today it was the JK of old, presenting, tackling and hitting the packs.

Our indigenous boys foot skills are pretty special and can make things happen that others can't.

Sitting second spot this late in the season after a flag last year, with a fair turnover of players is a fair effort.

Negatives

Need to work on our work around the stopages, teams take it away far to easy at times with little pressure, which puts our back line under the pump.

Still having moments were we go to sleep in games, lucky we have another gear, might not want to do that in a final though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Petch had a game of almosts

almost broke away a number of times through a pack....
almost took off with the loose ball but a couple of bad bounces....
was in the right spot for the mark with both Waterman's and Allen's goals....
burnt by Rioli and would have run into an open goal....

could have easily finished with 4 goals

almost a big positive.

I thought Petch had a game of almosts

almost broke away a number of times through a pack....
almost took off with the loose ball but a couple of bad bounces....
was in the right spot for the mark with both Waterman's and Allen's goals....
burnt by Rioli and would have run into an open goal....

could have easily finished with 4 goals

almost a big positive.

Missed a running goal that was very gettable.

Basically he is in the right positions but not the enough polish to finish yet. That makes perfect sense for a kid and is a really good sign.

*(Eagle Ego-Waterman is an asthmatic, so is Cripps)
Didn't know what result to expect from this game, but great to see the real Eagles turn up!
It all came together for 4 qtrs mostly, and they did what was required at this stage of season.
I criticised Gaff earlier today and he made me eat my words - they tasted okay with chilli sauce?
JD in beast mode again! JK a Zen goalmaster and true gent! (ah, those JK critics!!?)
Leaked some easy goals at the end, frustrating, need that %. But tired legs off a 6 day break.
A few easy marks by opp in their forward, was surprised, given our defenders, Hurn makes the difference and the balance right. Franky had a learning curve today, that's ok.
Yep, Cameron was quiet. Might've had some heat on him.
Can't believe where Lions are at? Are they that good, are they finals pretenders?
We looking good at the right time..Hurn, Hutch, Cripps and Duggan back,
maybe NN, no more injuries please.

I dunno if I've laughed harder this year at Willie's superman dive. Just the contrast between his epic goal earlier in the match, and how hard he bought the candy himself. He got massive airtime too!

Intent was certainly there all game, glad to see Willie finding form because he's our biggest x-factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back