Preview Pre season 2012/13 starts....now!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

We will surely go into 2013 as the strongest team strength wise. Everyone looks bigger than the biggest people at my gym. Kinda like the Brisbane team of the early 00's

I'd hate to think how big Tex will be in his late twenties.

That's a scary thought seeing as he's already a massive unit. A lot of guys will have areas of their bodies where they just can't put muscle on but Tex is solidly built all over. I don't think he lost his footing even once during the Tug of War, he must really be hard to beat on the field in one-on-one contests.
CrowsTraining050_zps28199ef6.jpg

CrowsTraining041_zpse226d063.jpg

We will surely go into 2013 as the strongest team strength wise. Everyone looks bigger than the biggest people at my gym. Kinda like the Brisbane team of the early 00's

That's exactly what our club should be aiming for though. We have the facilities, resources and trainers to make it happen. Intimidation will make us a stronger club - both physically and in persona.

Was Stiffy involved in the last training session and how is he looking?

Love the size about our young midfielders Crouch, Danger, Sloane, Kerridge even Lyons are all very solid.

I can remember when Myke Cook and Chris Schmidt were next in line.

I love the Polous philosophy which seems to not be all about being inside in the gym and doing repetitions in the controlled environment of the weights room.

No doubt there is a fair bit of that as well. But pulling the ute, tug of war, man carry are not just about building strength and "beach muscles" but about using your strength in an uncontrolled environment. There are far more variables in these activities than found in the artificial environment of a gym. Those variables come up on the footy field all the time.

Not to mention it is far more fun to do these things and helps with team work/bonding.

Was Stiffy involved in the last training session and how is he looking?

Love the size about our young midfielders Crouch, Danger, Sloane, Kerridge even Lyons are all very solid.

I can remember when Myke Cook and Chris Schmidt were next in line.
Smith still has a long way to go ......hope that changes somewhat b4 end of PS

You're correct ...we have progressed since Cook and Schmidt was in line

I love the Polous philosophy which seems to not be all about being inside in the gym and doing repetitions in the controlled environment of the weights room.

No doubt there is a fair bit of that as well. But pulling the ute, tug of war, man carry are not just about building strength and "beach muscles" but about using your strength in an uncontrolled environment. There are far more variables in these activities than found in the artificial environment of a gym. Those variables come up on the footy field all the time.

Not to mention it is far more fun to do these things and helps with team work/bonding.

is this the first year we have done tug of war ....can't ever remember a sandpit

The art in tug of war in pulling with arms and legs ....highly appropriate for tackling

is this the first year we have done tug of war ....can't ever remember a sandpit

The art in tug of war in pulling with arms and legs ....highly appropriate for tackling

It is also about holding your ground (core strength). I also noticed it help with tactics and team work. Each team would discuss who would go where and what game plan they had in place. I must say out of the entire squad, Tex and Kerridge really stood out with leadership and voice in these games.

I can't recall tug of war last year.

I agree these activities are very much aimed at tackling and getting used to contested play. Being able to move through a pack and hold your ground with players all over is another thing I expect to see improve out of these activities.

Am very happy with what I am seeing here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is also about holding your ground (core strength). I also noticed it help with tactics and team work. Each team would discuss who would go where and what game plan they had in place. I must say out of the entire squad, Tex and Kerridge really stood out with leadership and voice in these games.

Keep hearing Kerridge is really standing out in our training sessions.

I wonder if both he and Crouch will play round one.

Keep hearing Kerridge is really standing out in our training sessions.

I wonder if both he and Crouch will play round one.

I can't see why not. Both would have had 2 pre-seasons and a full year in the SANFL seniors. I would expect Crouch to roll through half forward, wing and stints in the middle. I think Keg could take Doggas spot in back half and roll through the midfield in burst too.
Both have good size and endurance now.
One thing we know is there will be a big fight for spots with blokes like Lyons eyeing off extra games next year.

I can't see why not. Both would have had 2 pre-seasons and a full year in the SANFL seniors. I would expect Crouch to roll through half forward, wing and stints in the middle. I think Keg could take Doggas spot in back half and roll through the midfield in burst too.
Both have good size and endurance now.
One thing we know is there will be a big fight for spots with blokes like Lyons eyeing off extra games next year.

When I was posting that I was thinking both Doughty and Bernie Vince will have real competition for their spot this year.

Have not heard much about Luke Brown. Is he still the most likely candidate for Dogga's spot. Although I do like the idea of Crouch/Kerridge playing across HB to learn the game before taking more of a midfield role. Something I think Smith has been doing the past two seasons.

In three years time (when these guys are in their mid 20s/prime) our midfield rotation could be Danger, Rory, Smith, Wright, Crouch, Kerridge, and I am hoping Aiden Riley and Petrenko. If both can put some more "polish" on their game.

That is one hardnut midfield unit. Being fed by Sauce with Tex and Jenkins up forward........get excited.

Tex has really come out of his shell .....is he in the emerging leaders group?

They should go Go-Karting - racing uses some muscles otherwise unused + would be a bit of fun

I can't recall tug of war last year.

I agree these activities are very much aimed at tackling and getting used to contested play. Being able to move through a pack and hold your ground with players all over is another thing I expect to see improve out of these activities.

Am very happy with what I am seeing here.

Would like to see more bikes.

I read an article in Cycling Weekly that AFL players cycle at least 25km during an average game.

Bigger than ever.

There is something about JJ; he looks like he has fitted in extremely well and I hope he gets a heap of games next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Pre season 2012/13 starts....now!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back