Preview R16: Changes vs. GWS Giants

This week Riley Thilthorpe should be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know where this myth started but it’s the biggest load of horse shit there is.
Getting games into players is most important. We need to work out who will make it and who won’t. It also allows the players to get to know each other on the field, working for each other, anticipating moves, etc. Finishing as low as we can when we won’t make finals is more important than winning. Even pick 5 to pick 4 is huge.
Losing by large margins consistently will not destroy a player.
Winning will come and when it does it will be a major push to premiership contention.
Getting games into players and is important but these players are still going out to win as they should. Win games by playing kids at the same time.

Getting games into players and is important but these players are still going out to win as they should. Win games by playing kids at the same time.
I never said the players won’t try to win. I wish people would learn to read.

I never said the players won’t try to win. I wish people would learn to read.
More likely to win by having selection integrity dropping those who regularly perform badly & rewarding those from the sanfl who are playing well...

Our current selection policy of rewarding mediocre performances is not exactly a winning strategy.

Playing experienced players is no guarantee of winning just like playing younger players is no guarantee of losing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right?

Even worse - if he didn't fit the profile of what we wanted/NEEDED, and we weren't going to play him this year...

Why didn't we do the WCE trade for their first pick this year?
Rubbish, do you even follow the list management process? We spent the whole trade season trying to get a key defender, then we snagged possibly the most versatile key defender ever.

Listened to Jack Hombsch on the radio earlier, **** me talk about another dud.

He's about as inspiring as a kick in the teeth.

Most notable thing is saying that he believes Taylor is close to an AFL call up, has been impressed with both his offensive and defensive game this season. RT also only one week in the Sanfl.

How’s the typical entitlement from Smith there btw, turning 33 and currently plodding away in the SANFL but has already put himself on the list and in the team next year 🤢🥴

To be fair he’d been schooled in what he can say beforehand
Last time Roo was an outsider looking in. 2014 when the wheels fell off Sanderson. The story was that current players went to Roo because there were internal problems that couldn't be fixed from within.

Like Backstreet, we're back.

Who is the new outsider? Who can Dawson or Rankine or Soligo go to?

Roo means well but he's become part of the same mindset. Silvers doesn't seem to be an agent of change.

How’s the typical entitlement from Smith there btw, turning 33 and currently plodding away in the SANFL but has already put himself on the list and in the team next year 🤢🥴
Pretty entitled, I'm mean just because you're willing to work really hard in the bs the next 10 weeks, mentoring kids and bring much needed experience to the first and second year players, then put a tonne of effort in the pre-season leading the training standards over summer, doesn't mean the coach should consider him ever again, right?

Pretty entitled, I'm mean just because you're willing to work really hard in the bs the next 10 weeks, mentoring kids and bring much needed experience to the first and second year players, then put a tonne of effort in the pre-season leading the training standards over summer, doesn't mean the coach should consider him ever again, right?
Haha 😂 so you think he should even be on the list next year? He should not be near a AFL list next year yet will somehow find himself on the club’s due to his own selfish superannuation top-up reasons and an absolute list management f**k up that gave a 33 year old who’s shown nothing for multiple years a quite unbelievable low games trigger for an extra year.

He & the club if they were mature and actually gave a crap about the future of the club would come to a mutual agreement to terminate his time as a player at the club.

Most notable thing is saying that he believes Taylor is close to an AFL call up, has been impressed with both his offensive and defensive game this season. RT also only one week in the Sanfl.

So much for the rumour that Smith didn't want to play on. Speaking like it's a foregone conclusion there, must have hit that trigger. Hopefully we have enough cap room to pay him out this year and delist him.

Last time Roo was an outsider looking in. 2014 when the wheels fell off Sanderson. The story was that current players went to Roo because there were internal problems that couldn't be fixed from within.

Like Backstreet, we're back.

Who is the new outsider? Who can Dawson or Rankine or Soligo go to?

Roo means well but he's become part of the same mindset. Silvers doesn't seem to be an agent of change.
We're now an extra decade removed from our success as a club.

There's no one

I thought an ITK poster said we were trying to convince him to play on next year.......???? Doesn't sound like someone who know he is cooked and want to retire.

So you have lived in Naples?
Decrepit, sinking Venice, maybe?
I visited in 2001 expecting wondrous things. I've never seen so little civic pride, so much rubbish piled up, so much dog$hit, so many cigarette butts, so much obscene graffiti.
The Neapolitan coffee was the best I've ever had and I don't remember overwhelming rubbish/filth, well, nothing like Venice :grimacing: :sickv1:.

Back